PDA

View Full Version : Racing ECU and Exhausts

vegnomeat
05-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Hi All,

I have a new EVO1100 which whilst being a fantastic Bike suffers from really bad stuttering/fuelling in the lower rev range.

Has anyone fitted the official Racing ECU and exhausts for the New 1100 EVO? If so what were the effects?

I have spoken to CJS racing about mapping the current ECU. However, he is unsure if the "new" ECU on the 2013 EVO can be mapped, does anyone have any comments on this also?

Regards

veggie

vegnomeat
05-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Well I am going to order them tomorrow and will let you know how I get on.

Regards

Veggie

Scotty
05-08-2013, 10:05 PM
in general 'racing' stuff will make it more of a **** at low rev's

use more rev's and lower gear to avoid such problems

vegnomeat
06-08-2013, 10:18 AM
After speaking with Ducati this morning this is what I was told.

BHP should be slightly up, maybe by 5%, the racing cans are without a catalyser so breathing should (will) be easier. Also the cans won't run as hot. The ECU takes these factors in to account.

The fitting takes place next Wednesday along with a change to a 14t front sprocket and its 600 mile service.

I will report back when I have ridden it after the mods.

Regards

veggie

SunEye
06-08-2013, 12:37 PM
In the lower rev range in lower gears the ECU is making the engine run very lean. This can be resolved by fitting O2 sensor eliminators to fool the ECU. See this thread http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=47415&highlight=sensor

I have just bought some and plan to fit them in a couple of weeks.

My understanding from chatting to Moto Rapido is that there are three ECUs for the 1100evo. One for the standard exhaust, one for slip on Termi cans and one for a full Termi race exhaust system. Only the the ECU for the full race system ignores the O2 sensors (because the race exhaust doesn't have holes for the sensors). It also ignores the exhaust valve (because the race exhaust doesn't have one) so you can remove the exhaust valve servo from under the seat.

I am sure that you will get an improvement with what you are planning to do.

vegnomeat
10-08-2013, 05:10 PM
I purchased the O2 eliminators and fitted them today. A 10 minute job. What a difference, tick over is perfect, it pulls away without snatching, top gear is now not the preserve of licence losing speeds. 2500 revs in top is now so smooth. It's chalk and cheese, not sure how they work but work they do.

Regards

Veggie

rollo22
10-08-2013, 06:30 PM
I have the full Racing system fitted.
It feels better at low revs than my old S4RS did.
Not sure about the exhaust valve. servo still does its bit at ignition on.
Lambda sensors are still fitted not sure if still connected to ECU.

Jayos
13-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Can the slip-on ECU be re-mapped to the full system ECU?

SunEye
14-08-2013, 08:30 AM
I believe that the only people in the UK that are able to remap the Ducati Siemens ECU are CJS (http://cjsracing.co.uk/) and BSD (http://bsd.uk.com/).

gary tompkins
14-08-2013, 12:47 PM
J.P had his stock ECU remapped