PDA

View Full Version : fat duc

rogered
05-08-2013, 07:32 AM
I brought my s4r in march this year, and every time I went out on it I would come back feeling like I want to get rid :banghead: because of the rough running under 3000 rpm, going into roundabouts it felt like it was going to cut out and spit me off, and also when in traffic it was a right pile of sh#t, anyway i didn't want to pay 500 quid for a remap so I thought i'd try fitting the fat duc, it arrived Friday fitted it sunday it took10 mins then I went out to try it and its brilliant, it has totally transformed my bike,and i cant wait to go out again no more surging I would recommend this mod to anyone, the bike and is now a keeper :mand::mand:

bluestoesonnose
05-08-2013, 08:16 AM
What is a fat duc?

I feel I'm going to regret asking this

slob
05-08-2013, 08:22 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fatduc&l=1

PhilH67
05-08-2013, 10:06 AM
I brought my s4r in march this year, and every time I went out on it I would come back feeling like I want to get rid :banghead: because of the rough running under 3000 rpm, going into roundabouts it felt like it was going to cut out and spit me off, and also when in traffic it was a right pile of sh#t, anyway i didn't want to pay 500 quid for a remap so I thought i'd try fitting the fat duc, it arrived Friday fitted it sunday it took10 mins then I went out to try it and its brilliant, it has totally transformed my bike,and i cant wait to go out again no more surging I would recommend this mod to anyone, the bike and is now a keeper :mand::mand:

Ok Rogered to make it easy for us can you post where you got it from, how much and what year your S4R is... please

Denis99
05-08-2013, 10:57 AM
I tried a similar device on a previous bike (BMW F800R), but to be honest, wasn't that impressed.

Took my M1100S to Luigi Moto for a remap ( standard re map, not a custom map), bike runs much smoother now.

Well worth the remap - didn't cost anywhere neat £500 - worth giving them a ring.

simon_g
05-08-2013, 11:30 AM
I have one, and it works great for what it's intended to do.

The issue is that FI monsters run very lean at low revs to keep emissions down, by looking at the O2 sensor in the exhaust. At higher RPMs it doesn't bother so doesn't need to look at the O2 sensor.

The ECU that comes with Termis (and presumably those who remap these) have a fixed, richer map for the low end - hence people saying how much smoother they run.

All the FatDuc does is sit in line with the O2 sensor and make the ECU think it's running leaner than it is; hence the ECU sends more fuel and the bike runs better.

Very happy with mine, it'll happily pull from 2500rpm now without feeling like it's shaking itself to bits.

LVC
05-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Changed the front sprocket for a 14 toothed one and totally transformed the low revs aspect on my S4. So much better to ride in towns and with still with more than enough top end speed to lose my license and a lot cheaper than any remap or black box :mand:

Dirty
05-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Cheap off eBay so no instructions, anyone know where I plug it in? :biggrin:

http://jatim.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/fat-duck.jpg

He11cat
06-08-2013, 02:31 AM
Bungy net it on itl be fine ;)

utopia
06-08-2013, 02:48 AM
You need the one with a male connector.
That one's a female.

LVC
06-08-2013, 03:37 PM
That's one Fat Mother Ducker you have there Dirty :mand:

rogered
06-08-2013, 06:49 PM
sorry for the delay in responding, ive been away for a couple of days but I think you've answered most of the questions asked between your selves the fat duck was about 60 quid, but I had to pay an extra 18 quid at the post office something to do with importing it from America.my bike is a s4r 2008,and I didn't want to go to the expense of a remap as ive only got standard cans on at the mo,how did you go on with your decat blue.