PDA

View Full Version : If Ducati made wrist watches........

Flip
04-08-2013, 07:39 PM
...they'd probably be very complicated indeed!!

Okay, not Monster related (well, a distant cousin perhaps) but it is a Ducati and inspired by Slobs' great account of his track bike rebuild I thought a few people might be interested in the goings on inside one of Bolognas' older models- my 1965 250cc Mach 1 racer.

In preparation for the bikes next outing at the Donington Park Classic Festival this coming weekend and to try and make the engine a little more oil tight that it has been since I've been its' custodian, I've been pulling the motor apart and fitting new gaskets and generally giving little 'Bella' a good fettle (oooer missus!) along with giving her some lovely new suspenders (this has got to stop- NOW!) courtesy of the lovely people at Maxton Suspension.

If anyone's interested, at the risk of going a bit 'James May' I can explain how the various bits connect and what they do but for now just soak in the complexity of the workings of a 48 year old motorcycle and think about how good it's going to sound at full chat round Donington- I can't wait!!

Nickj
04-08-2013, 08:51 PM
I remember far too well where all the bits fit, I could probably rebuild one from a pile of bits and not have too many pieces left.
That was from about 30yrs ago. LOL surprised that I got another Ducati!

Oh anyone who is interested theres a full set of workshop manuals and parts diagrams for the singles of around that time (160 and 250's) here
>> http://www.motoscrubs.com/Duc_Technical.htm

The parts lists are all rather nice line drawings