PDA

View Full Version : Pilot screw.

trichome
09-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Could anyone here tell me the standard setting for the pilot screw on a '94 M600.

My Hayne's manual sheds no light on the issue.

Also I have larger exhaust than normal (gasses flow more freely), would this mean the fule/air mixture should be leaner or richer?

By rule of thumb, the Pilot screw was at a setting of about 1 1/2 turns, I have now set it to 1 1/4 as the front Plugs keep getting carbonised.

cheers for any info.

Melnie Mouse
09-01-2004, 02:46 PM
according to the Ducati mechanic, it's supposed to be 2.5.. hope that helps..

gary tompkins
09-01-2004, 04:05 PM
Had the idle mixture on my M600 set with a CO2 meter up the exaust pipe, when I had a stage 2 Dynojet kit installed. They don't quote a "number of turns" setting for the pilot jets in my Haynes manual:confused:

spacemonkey
13-01-2004, 07:02 PM
I might be wrong but the idle mixture screw only adjusts the mix at tickover and nowhere else in the rev range. The rest of the rev range is by the needles and main jets. These are what have to be adjusted when fitting a stage two pipe and filter, and are provided in the K&N kit. These will provide a richer mix as the cans/filter will flow more air and upset the balance.

I seem to remember that if you adjust the screws to 1.5 turns, then wind clockwise til the revs drop then wind anti til they rise then drop again. Halfway between (the zenith of the rev curve if you will) will be the perfect setting. Discuss in less than 50 words..