PDA

View Full Version : Norwich to Holt run Tues 16th July

Mohawk
15-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Hi all, planning a run from McDs by Norwich Airport to Byfords in Holt. Meeting at McDs at 6:15 for a 6:30 depart. Not sure on route yet, will probably agree when we meet. Could be at Byfords, Holt about 8ish depending on what route we take.

All welcome. :-)

Mr Gazza
15-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Good luck on the run Mohawk.

Please accept my apologies for absence this time round. The Triumph is gone and I have a Monster in bits in the shed...When she is on the road you will be the first to know and we will have a proper Norfolk Monster ride out..:biggrin:

Cheers

Gazza

Mohawk
15-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Cheers Gazza, pleased you found a monster and look forward to seeing you when you're back on the road.

StevieL
15-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Enjoy the run I'm off on river trials tomorrow so no set finish time, will be on the 140 early in the morning start at 6 so will be eats and wooden hill for me, the journey in at that time is worth getting up for. What have you managed to pick up Gazza? atb Steve

Mr Gazza
16-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks Mohawk.

Stevie, it is a 1999 900 Sie in theory, but she is a bit disembodied at the moment. you can see what she used to look like in the thread called " Breaking 1999 900 Sie" in "For Sale".

I will try and post some photos later. btw Stevie, what year is yours? It might help me a lot if I could see where various bits actually go.

Cheers

Gazza

StevieL
16-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Hi Gazza mines an 02 ie, after I posted had a look through the for sale stuff and saw your post, looks like a nice project, you're welcome to have a look and take some pics or tell me which areas of the bike and I can take the pics and email them to you. Reading through the description it would appear that the bike had injector or injector associated wiring problems, might be able to help you there as I'm a marine electrician. Atb Steve

Mr Gazza
16-07-2013, 08:50 PM
That's absolutely fantastic Stevie, thanks.

I had a bit more of a prod and wiggle this eve, things are now making a bit more sense and looking much better in general.

A quick natter on the phone to a good pal of mine established that I can probably silver solder the tank with the residual fuel still in there. A rummage in the shed turned up a sodding great electric soldering iron and what I think is some silver solder...So that's a promising start.

My pal also has a large proffesional ultra sound tank which is used frquently by one of the big local bike shops to clean injectors....Things are looking better.

When I get fuel into the bike and make a bit more sense of the wireing I might give you a shout Stevie. I f I can get a pop or a wheeze out of it I will be getting somewhere..

Cheers

Gazza

StevieL
17-07-2013, 08:22 PM
NO Gazza, wash the tank out with water and plenty of it silver soldering requires a flame soft soldering is done with an iron seen too many blow outs with things like Stuart Turner ( 1940's,50's marine engines ) fuel tanks which had holes or splits in them, its the petrol fumes that are explosive better to have water in there than petrol. Give me a shout if you run into snags electrically have fun with the rebuild atb Steve

Mr Gazza
17-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Don't worry there will be no flames going any where near the tank, even if I can get all the fumes out.
I don't think that the old iron is going to produce enough heat in the tank to even use soft solder, and the leak is in such an awkward place to clean, I doubt it would work at all.

Brazing or TIGing would do it, but removing the explosion risk is a large problem..!!

Thanks for your offer of help, I will let you know if I can reproduce the original fault and get stuck.

Cheers

Gazza