PDA

View Full Version : How many Yorkshire UKMOC members?

nambduke
10-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Evening all,

I've noticed a recent rise in monsters in the area of late. I began to wonder, just how many UKMOC members are there in the Yorkshire region. Maybe as bikes are sold on, the links to DOC drops off as details are lost?

Anyway, with a view to arrange a few rideouts over the coming months, just how many UKMOC members are there? I'll start the list....just add your details to this post and I'll get in touch. Whitby butty runs are not classified as rideouts....they're pigouts! Sorry!!

Best regards
Mark

nambduke - M1000ie - UKMOC Yorkshire Region Rep

damien666
10-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Me, but i don't know how to add to the list!:banghead:

andros
11-07-2013, 07:20 AM
I am still here!

Mark
Damien666
Andros (Andy)

nambduke
11-07-2013, 09:48 AM
But have you bought another monnie, Andy?

Suppose we can make special exceptions for the good guys!! ;-)

Best regards
Mark

Rally
11-07-2013, 06:49 PM
There are 41 members listed for South Yorkshire and 72 for North Yorkshire, therefore a total of 113 in Yorkshire. No wonder you see a few about!

DrD
11-07-2013, 07:21 PM
There are 41 members listed for South Yorkshire and 72 for North Yorkshire, therefore a total of 113 in Yorkshire. No wonder you see a few about!

Of course the East Riding is independent and does not bother with lists!!

Rally
11-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Of course the East Riding is independent and does not bother with lists!!

There is no option for East Riding offered.

samieb
11-07-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm on the borders of Yorkshire, Cheshire and Lancashire (Saddleworth Moor). Most would say that's 'over the Hill'. PMSL ;0)

Dirty
11-07-2013, 09:46 PM
I'm on the borders of Yorkshire, Cheshire and Lancashire (Saddleworth Moor). Most would say that's 'over the Hill'. PMSL ;0)

Having ’accidents' when you are laughing is a strong sign of over the hillage I'm afraid :)

slob
12-07-2013, 09:30 AM
I've just PMd Mark, commenting that 'Humberside' is actually mostly East Yorks. West Yorks is probably the largest chunk but isn't one of the old Danelaw Ridings. mark's technically in Cleveland, which isn't Yorkshire either.

Rally
12-07-2013, 05:02 PM
What's it matter where we are all from anyway, we speak the same language (just!), so get out there and ride with others anyway.

bykerneil
15-07-2013, 04:06 PM
BLAAAAAAA there is no such place as Humberside.......... it is and always has been EAST YORKSHIRE..!

Desmond
16-07-2013, 05:03 PM
I'm still here in Yorkshire, not far from Squires.

By the way, this may be of interest to anyone venturing to North Yorks which only has mobile speed cameras:
http://www.selbytimes.co.uk/news/local-news/mobile-safety-camera-routes-july-17-to-23-1-5860160

PhilH67
16-07-2013, 08:34 PM
I've just PMd Mark, commenting that 'Humberside' is actually mostly East Yorks. West Yorks is probably the largest chunk but isn't one of the old Danelaw Ridings. mark's technically in Cleveland, which isn't Yorkshire either.

Hi Slob, sorry to pick you up on this but Cleveland was originally North Yorkshire (Gods Country) and then they got all ****ty with boundaries and made Cleveland and then abolished said Cleveland and its back to being North Yorkshire (Gods Country) so you're wrong, we who are from the Northern reaches of North Yorkshire (Gods Country) are true Yorkshire folk (Gods People)

Jonno
17-07-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm here is South Yorkshire (Gods Country), although I'm from Beverley East Riding, or is that North Yorkshire !?!

slob
17-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Mark's away at the mo but I've emailed him a list of the 63 registered users listed as in N, E & W Yorks who've logged on in the last 18 months.

He11cat
18-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Don't ever open the is Humberside real Yorkshire debate !!!
It's like starting world war 3 trust me on that one !!!
Currently rolling about in tears.
You think saying " the wrong side of the Thames is bad" trust me this debate is way way worse :) :)

slob
18-07-2013, 10:46 AM
I know! I lived in Scarborough for five years.

nambduke
18-07-2013, 11:08 AM
OK....I'm still away but spotted a few posts...

Counties and political boundries are one thing.....regions are something else. I was born in Yorkshire - Northallerton for the record to confirm my 'nationality' and reside south of the River Tees. Technically I can put North Yorkshire on my post cos no-one knows where Cleveland, Teesside or Langbaurgh (??) actually is..

So, I'm a Yorkshireman!

Now back to the topic. I have some theories as to why the monster population - especially the older generations - are dropping off and often seem thin on the ground in Yorkshire.

Firstly, we only get one month of summer here which also doesn't help as the other 11months we have salt on the roads!!

Secondly, transfer of ownerships doesn't get updated for Ducati (DOC) memberships....people change bikes and we just fall out of vogue and drift.

SO what can I do.....

Slob has kindly passed me details of 'Yorkshire' UKMOC members (notice I don't just say Yorkshire Members!!:look:)

I'm going to follow up with the group and try and organise a get together - format to be determined. If I pick a venue, other monsters from outside the region will be welcome to join. Seeing monsters on the road in groups may raise some awareness.....well the noise will if nothing else.

Ive recently spotted quite a few 'new' monsters close to me but I didn't recognise the bikes or riders. I don't know if they are on this forum? Maybe a carding campaign could help? Slob.....do you have any cards for random distribution I could have?

Watch this space.....I'm back home at the weekend - fitting a new battery and an Ohlins rear shock!! Bling or what!! I'm off at the end of July beginning of August.....so there maybe something I can arrange for that period....Any thoughts.....comments welcomed?

Best regards
Mark

Jonno
27-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Now then Nambduke, did the plans for a 'yorkshire' meet get any further?

Dookbob
28-02-2014, 12:51 PM
"Gods' own country" is West of the Pennines, Lancashire in particular. My Sunday school teacher told me that, so it has to be right. A little cotton town called "Darwen" is the centre of it, a kind of Mecca if you like.

DrD
28-02-2014, 03:15 PM
You might be interested in this:
Chris Holland
eastyorksdoc@outlook.com
East Yorkshire Branch, Ducati Owners Club
3rd Tuesday of the month,
The Goodmanham Arms,
Goodmanham, YO43 3JA
http://www.docgb.org

nambduke
28-02-2014, 08:48 PM
too much salt for me at the minute to venture out unfortunately. April onwards before the devils bike comes out to play.....

We could begin to think where to meet through the year

How about something like:

new venue each month when the weather is better...Sundays best for me but open to suggestions

April - Whitby Whistlestop and then local run out
May - Sherburn in Elmet and then local run out
June - Scarborough Flask Inn and then local run out
July - York - Italian meal evening??
August - Beverley - and then local run out

As some of you might have read, I travel a great deal so my diary is usually hectic to stupid. If we manage 2 or 3 through the year, I'll be delighted

Have a think and drop your ideas on this thread

Best regards
Mark

bigredduke
28-02-2014, 09:53 PM
You might be interested in this:
Chris Holland
eastyorksdoc@outlook.com
East Yorkshire Branch, Ducati Owners Club
3rd Tuesday of the month,
The Goodmanham Arms,
Goodmanham, YO43 3JA
http://www.docgb.org

Wahay! Goodmanham is only 20 minutes away for me. Fantastic beer at Goodmanham (micro-brewery).

Wait a minute.........bikes & beer don't mix, it will have to be one or t'other. Bugger.

See you next Tuesday.

Manny Fagnet
01-03-2014, 06:25 AM
I'm here too. Newly returned to the Monster after a long lay off on my 2 strokes.
Birkenshaw, Bradford. Yorkshire.

dazzi-b
06-03-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm still about as well. The bike has been off road for a while and now having a few problems with it, I've changed jobs.......which took over most of last year........and before you know it another year has passed.

Dookbob
06-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Dazzi-B, What's with the RED rose avatar, very odd for a Yorkie.

Dirty
06-03-2014, 06:28 PM

I could be wrong but I think it's a Tudor rose which is a mix of both to symbolise some king getting married to some wench so they would stop fighting back in the day and that :)

Mr Gazza
06-03-2014, 06:42 PM
'e's right tha knows

It's all to do with the War of the Roses. The red rose has a white centre.

My Grandmother was a Yorkshireman...

slob
06-03-2014, 07:02 PM
April - Whitby Whistlestop and then local run out
May - Sherburn in Elmet and then local run out
June - Scarborough Flask Inn and then local run out
July - York - Italian meal evening??
August - Beverley - and then local run out

Excellent Mark! let me know when you get dates firmed up and I'll post 'em up on the DOC bit of ducati.com

Jonno
07-03-2014, 04:00 PM
Sounds good Mark. I may have to look at some ideas for some South Yorkshire/North Derbyshire meets too!! There is always good riding to the Lincolnshire coast or Cadwell Park. I've not been, but CMC at Clay Cross have an annual Italian Bike day/weekened (31st Aug).

:tgoe: perhaps we change to the horse to a WHITE rose!?

dazzi-b
07-03-2014, 06:50 PM

Because many moons ago the Yorkshire and Lancs lot used to have strong ties. We held a joint Weekend get together and held it at Squires to raise money for charity (M.A.D. Weekend) The logo was from then and I kept it

Capo
07-03-2014, 08:06 PM
How about the Buell & Italian V Twin day at East Kirkby. Might be North meets South, well north of the M4