PDA

View Full Version : O2 sensor eliminators fitted

Cobra88
30-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi Guys & Girls

Bought a pair of O2 eliminator plugs from eBay (From greece)

Easy enough to fit after pulling sensor electrical plugs out of their mounts.

Jeft unused sensors in place as not sure if purchase would work
Eliminators fitted perfectly.

Start up with no warning lamp problems
Idles faultlessly now and totally transformed the low speed running and throttle response.

£25 well spent

Can now lug round as low as 2000 rpm and pull away cleanly
30 limits now achievable with no clutch needed to stay smooth.

Regards
Rick:thumbsup:

gary tompkins
01-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Can you post a link to ebay item just incase someone else here needs some?

Cobra88
01-07-2013, 09:22 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oxygen-o2-sensor-eliminator-Ducati-Monster-1100-EVO-EVO-S-/261212263637?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cd176d4d5

There you go mate

Price has gone up since I ordered mine but still cheap for the improvement

Cobra88
01-07-2013, 09:26 AM
is this in the wrong section ???

Qba
01-07-2013, 10:36 AM
I was playing with the idea of putting 14 tooth sprocket on,
but your solution will be probably easier.
Thanks for a tip.

gary tompkins
01-07-2013, 11:56 AM
is this in the wrong section ???

Possibly should be in the technical section (engine, clutch and gears) but we can move it

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/forumdisplay.php?f=5

zhango
01-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Can now lug round as low as 2000 rpm and pull away cleanly......

Not in top gear surely?

J.P
01-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Sounds like a good cheap solution to the manufacturers emmissions constriction. Well done.

Cobra88
01-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Not in top gear surely?

Who's Shirley ?? :spin:

No not in top gear from low speed but not the lumpy twitchy mess it was at part throttle
as Ducati supplied it.

I tried a 14 t front sprocket but made little difference for me.
Just hit the limiter easier for me.

Went back to the 15 t sprocket and O2 eliminators.

Works for me
Regards
Rick

SunEye
01-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Very interesting. I must say that it is the low end of the rev range in lower gears that annoys me most about my bike.

I know that the DP ECU for full exhaust systems (not the ECU for slips-ons) bypasses the O2 sensors, so they can't be essential for the bike to run well.

Can anyone think of any possible detrimental effects of doing this mod?

Qba
01-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Folks, could my warranty be affected in any way by this mod?
I'm assuming I can handle it myself without damaging anything in the process.

Dirty
01-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Folks, could my warranty be affected in any way by this mod?
I'm assuming I can handle it myself without damaging anything in the process.

From the look of it you just unplug the sensor and plug in these gadgets. You can easily unplug the again and reconnect the sensor before taking it back to the dealer.

Technically it probably is a warranty fail but I don't see how they would know you'd used them unless your bike has a data logger?

Qba
02-07-2013, 06:36 AM
Yes, data logger was my only concern really.
Hopefully bike doesn't have it. Thanks!

simontt
02-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Hi Guys & Girls

Bought a pair of O2 eliminator plugs from eBay (From greece)

Easy enough to fit after pulling sensor electrical plugs out of their mounts.

Jeft unused sensors in place as not sure if purchase would work
Eliminators fitted perfectly.

Start up with no warning lamp problems
Idles faultlessly now and totally transformed the low speed running and throttle response.

£25 well spent

Can now lug round as low as 2000 rpm and pull away cleanly
30 limits now achievable with no clutch needed to stay smooth.

Regards
Rick:thumbsup:

Hi Rick,

I am very intersted in this mod, have fitted the 14T sprocket which impvoed long speed running but occasionally still need to apply more throttle and pull the clutch to keep things smooth.

I have Termi carbon exhaust which include ECU and air filter, will it work? And can I do it myself without visiting the dealer? Where is it located?

Cobra88
02-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Hi Simon

It should work with the DP ECU as the plugs just stop the Emgine Management lamp staying on when you unplug the o2 sensors.

When I was into KTM tuning the only way to get them to ride slowly and not stall was to turn off the O2 sensor system with a program called TuneEcu but sadly no software I can find that works on my Ducati so I bought the eliminators instead.

The eliminator plugs are very easy to fit.
Just start at each O2 sensor in the headers and trace the wires back to the plug.

on the M1100 evo the rear sensor plug is tie wrapped to the inside of the rear subframe rail on the right side.

the front sensor is just behind the fusebox on the right side of the frame.

took me 10 minutes to get the plugs fitted and re fix the rear sensor lead to the subframe rail so it can't touch the rear header.

Regards
Rick

Only fusebox needs sliding out of it's clip and seat off with key.
http://rickpiper.cbfsim.org/images/sensorplugs.jpg

simontt
02-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Thanks Rick, will give it a try.

vegnomeat
10-08-2013, 05:11 PM
I purchased the O2 eliminators and fitted them today. A 10 minute job. What a difference, tick over is perfect, it pulls away without snatching, top gear is now not the preserve of licence losing speeds. 2500 revs in top is now so smooth. It's chalk and cheese, not sure how they work but work they do.

I have a 2013 1100 Evo, it's now perfect.
Regards

Veggie

bazread
11-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Just ordered some, hopefully I will be able to fit them myself and get the same result - thanks Rick.

Qba
11-08-2013, 04:43 PM
+1

Simple, cheap and very effective mod. Thanks for a tip!

Ps
I was concern about bike's warranty.
It went for 600 miles service and I didn't bother to take it off - no problems.

Black Bob
14-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Just ordered these myself, as I have exact same symptoms.

Sometimes the "use more revs and a lower gear" option is not possible when you're going through a 30 limit in 2nd gear already.

vegnomeat
14-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Bob,

They make such a huge difference, it really is chalk and cheese. I have had the engine light briefly come on once in about 200 miles of driving, but it lasted just a second and made no difference to the driveability of the bike. The bike now runs how it should have run from new.

But........ today I am having the Termi's and Racing ECU fitted, will post seperately about them when I get the bike back (which should be in about an hour).

One final thing, Ducati don't list a 14t front sprocket for the 2013 1100 EVO, apparently it's because of the ABS system.

Regards

veggie

bazread
15-08-2013, 02:50 PM
I second everyone elses posts, my eliminators turned up today from Greece after only 4 days. Took about 30 minutes to fit, but I am seriously spanner impaired. The bike now runs really smoothly.

I have a SC Racing single exhaust but with the stock air filter, would you recommend an after-market air filter and if so which one - K&N?

Thanks again Rick for the thread.

Davidg1230
15-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Has anyone fitted these on a 796? Do you think this bike suffers from the same gearing and slow speed speed issues that the 1100 has? not got my bike yet but have ready plenty about how lumpy the 796 can be?

The ebay seller does elimnators for the 796 so would be good to know if even has installed these and found any difference?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oxygen-o2-sensor-eliminator-Ducati-Monster-796-/261239975811?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cd31daf83

vegnomeat
16-08-2013, 01:14 PM
I would ride your bike first, then make a decision. However, if your bike turns out to be like mine you will definitely benefit from them.

Regards

veggie

Davidg1230
16-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Agree, would be good to get current 796 riders opinion of low speed driveability....

neilo
16-08-2013, 08:16 PM
I've ordered some of these as well now. Running a 43T rear sprocket has cured lots of issues, but let's see what the O2 eliminators add to the mix. Thanks again for this thread!

Black Bob
24-08-2013, 09:41 PM
O2 eliminators fitted today. Oh wow. It's like the fuelling is now properly sorted and a balancer shaft has been fitted to the motor. It is now so smooth, I would not have believed such a simple mod could make such a difference.

Bike ticks over much more evenly, and will poodle through villages with just 2200rpm and no hunting/surging whatsoever. Rolling the throttle open then just results in a nice smooth pickup. Previously anything below 3500 was lumpy. It's the partial throttle openings that feel most transformed.

Only remains to be seen if it affects MPG, but so far I'm blown away by this mod. This is how the bike should run from the factory but thanks to the EU it comes buggered as standard.

Just awesome.

Cobra88
27-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Told you it was a great job ;)

vegnomeat
29-08-2013, 07:02 PM
What an amazing and value for money mod, glad it worked for you as well as it did for me.

Thanks guys.

Veggie

neilo
30-08-2013, 09:03 AM
O2 eliminators fitted and tested yesterday (30 miles without, and then 30 miles with).

To be honest I'm really struggling to notice any difference... That's NOT to say that they don't make a difference, because so many folks can't be dreaming things up, but they just don't make a noticeable difference to my bike. Perhaps I might notice a difference if I put the gearing back to stock and then tried them.

I think the altered gearing on mine (43T rear) cured a multitude of issues already, so the changes these O2 eliminators bring are probably less noticeable. I'd also like to add that my bike never seem to have suffered some of the uneven tick-over, slow speed hunting/surging, etc etc that lots of other bikes experience...

vegnomeat
31-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Neilo, your bike came out of the factory much better than ours, :) and I'm thinking your sprocket has made a big difference.

Does your bike have abs? Ducati don't list a sprocket for mine as they say it effects the abs. Strange

Regards

Veggie

neilo
03-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Yep, it has the safety pack (ABS + DTC), same as yours. Changing the gearing has absolutely no effect on the functionality of the safety pack as speed is measured by the rear wheel sensor as opposed to a sensor near either of the sprockets. I've checked, and both my ABS and DTC work just fine...never had a blip. Haven't a clue why Ducati don't list alternative sprockets for the bike, although a 14T front sprocket makes the chain rub against the plastic chain guide a little too much for my liking... So for me, changing the gearing would definitely mean changing the rear sprocket + a longer chain too, which is probably why Ducati don't offer this...

My rear sprocket came off a S4R (with 43T) - which can be a very costly part, but provided you get a longer chain (up to 4 links more), you can get up to a 42T rear sprocket (to use with a sprocket adapter). Or, convert to a 520 chain and then you can go up to 44T. JT sprockets do all the variants I talk of...

mike hunt
03-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Would this sensor fit an 09 1100s? Cant seem to find any on ebay.

neilo
05-09-2013, 07:37 PM
You could always ask the guys who sells them on eBay if it'll fit...

wezrvf
11-09-2013, 10:20 PM
I have mine on order and would be interested in hearing how you guys have got on after a bit of time with the eliminators fitted ???

Black Bob
12-09-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm still happy as a pig in ****. Very occasionally my engine warning light comes on, but the bike runs just fine. WAY better than before. Real smooth. No noticeable change in fuel consumption either.

And it's totally reversible at any time.

wezrvf
12-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Brill. Still no sign of mine !!! COME ON !!!!

SunEye
16-09-2013, 09:48 AM
Fitted mine yesterday. Noticed the difference at tickover straight away. Instead of sounding like its just about to stall all the time the tickover is much smoother. As far as riding goes the result is a wider useable rev range. Whereas before below 4000rpm was very lumpy with a very jerky throttle response that point in the rev range is now at 3000rpm, which makes riding, especially below 40mph that bit easier and smoother. For the first time ever I can actually ride at 30mph in 3rd gear. I'll see in the fulness of time what difference it makes to the fuel consumption, but as I don't do a lot of town riding I'm not expecting to see a marked difference.

I have no doubt that an ECU remap could probably improve things further, but for the price this appears to be a very cheap way of making a very noticeable improvement.

N.B. I have a 14T front sprocket fitted.

wezrvf
16-09-2013, 03:43 PM
THEY HAVE BEEN DELIVERED!!!

Cant wait to fit them and try it out, OH and for the rain to stop !!!

Black Bob
16-09-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm still getting about 51mpg with these fitted.

wezrvf
16-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Really? did it increase when you fitted them. I am currently getting around 40-43 mpg pretty constant

simontt
21-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Fitted mine yesterday. Noticed the difference at tickover straight away. Instead of sounding like its just about to stall all the time the tickover is much smoother. As far as riding goes the result is a wider useable rev range. Whereas before below 4000rpm was very lumpy with a very jerky throttle response that point in the rev range is now at 3000rpm, which makes riding, especially below 40mph that bit easier and smoother. For the first time ever I can actually ride at 30mph in 3rd gear. I'll see in the fulness of time what difference it makes to the fuel consumption, but as I don't do a lot of town riding I'm not expecting to see a marked difference.

I have no doubt that an ECU remap could probably improve things further, but for the price this appears to be a very cheap way of making a very noticeable improvement.

N.B. I have a 14T front sprocket fitted.

Got it fitted today (Big thanks to Qba), think Suneye's feedback exactly represented my pre/post experience, a noticeable improvement in low speed useability.

Made the wonder if it's something to do with the manner the bike was set up by supplying dealer before delivery (I bought from CMW Chichester and from memory so is yours?)

SunEye
21-09-2013, 10:59 PM
I got my evo from Pro Twins. My M1100 before that came from CMW.

I did find that during the first 7,500 miles the bike ran more and more roughly and became increasingly hard to start. At the 7,500 mile service they found that the valve clearances were very tight. Immediately after the service the bike ran really smoothly, almost as smoothly as it does now with the O2 sensor eliminators fitted. The bike has now gone 11,000 miles and I suspect things aren't 100%. Luckily it's due for a service at the end of next month so it will be back to perfect again with the added extra perfectness of the O2 sensor eliminators.

Dandanfings
29-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Just to add my thoughts.

My bike has only 200 miles and i commute in london so most of the time i am at low revs and i found the bike unusable and difficult to ride, with it jolting and snatching all the time.
Installed these and it completely and utterly transformed the bike, i cannot exaggerate enough its like a completely different machine between 2,000-4,000rpm.

Best mod i have ever done on a bike.

Damn the EU and its stupid emission regulations.

Davidg1230
30-09-2013, 09:09 AM
I've now had my 796 for several weeks and after a full week of commuting I can confirm I have similar issues with low speed smoothness. Riding in second gear and at around 25 - 30mph the bike is tricky to ride smoothly and feel I could benefit from either a 14t sprocket or maybe these eliminators?

Anyway, have decided to order some and will let other 796 riders know if they make a difference as they seem to have for 1100 riders.

Cobra88
30-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi David

I fitted a pair to my Neighbour's 796 and it indeed sorted the low speed running.
he also tried them on his mate's 796 hyperMotard and it fixes that too :)

Davidg1230
30-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Hi David

I fitted a pair to my Neighbour's 796 and it indeed sorted the low speed running.
he also tried them on his mate's 796 hyperMotard and it fixes that too :)

Nice.....

Thanks for that, can't wait. I'm assuming that fuel consumption will take a hit too?

Cobra88
30-09-2013, 03:19 PM
no mate no hit to fuel consumption.

Just smooths out the low speed running as Ducati's closed loop system is too coarse to cope with low RPM on these bikes.

the Throttle position and engine load etc are still used by the ECU to set the mixture.

it's not dumping in excess fuel when the O2 sensors are disabled.
just not chasing a stupidly low Co2 figure to get through Euro 4 emmisions.

neilo
02-10-2013, 07:06 PM
So does this mean that this mod only affects low speed running, and not right throughout the rev range?

Dirty
02-10-2013, 07:53 PM
So does this mean that this mod only affects low speed running, and not right throughout the rev range?

Yes, it effectively lies to the ecu regarding CO2 at low revs.

Davidg1230
04-10-2013, 01:44 PM
http://rickpiper.cbfsim.org/images/sensorplugs.jpg

My elimnators have arrived today so will befitting over the weekend. I'm assuming the positions on my 796 should be similar as in this image with only the fuse box to move for the front sensor and the seat off for the rear one?

Do the sensors just fit 'inline' with what's currently there, or does the cable terminate with these and break the cables continued connection (hope that makes sense?)

wezrvf
04-10-2013, 01:59 PM
It breaks the connection. Unplug the sensor currently plugged in and plug the eliminator in its place. You then have the other side hanging free. I just popped some insulation tape over the end and tucked it out of the way.

You will notice the eliminators can not go 'inline' as they only have connections on one side. Hope that makes sense too !

Haha

Davidg1230
04-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Makes perfect sense, thanks

Davidg1230
05-10-2013, 12:00 PM
So, after about an hour of scratching my head trying to find the sensor behind the fuse box on my bike and nearly giving up, I realized that the front sensor comes from the pipe that loops from the other side of the bike and not like those on the 1100 (pic posted earlier):rolleyes:

Managed to get both sensors changed and it turned out easier than I thought but they both were tightly wedged behind the frame.

Pic posted here for any other 796 owners wanting to change their sensors. Havn't tested yet and I've spent the day cleaning in prep for Goodwood tomorrow. Will go out later and see what it's done the the bike

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/davidg1230/DSC_0485.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/davidg1230/media/DSC_0485.jpg.html)

beds748
05-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Fitted mine a couple of months ago

Didn't do any thing for me ...anyone want em

Davidg1230
05-10-2013, 07:34 PM
To be honest, after a quick ride this afternoon I can't see any major change to low speed Smoothness. Probably need a longer ride tomorrow.

beds748
06-10-2013, 01:11 AM
Didn't see jack
...ran better with the termi ecu and open pipes and that not plugged in . All I get different is engine management light comes on now and again .

Each to there own .

SunEye
06-10-2013, 06:14 AM
My undertanding (from what I was told by Moto Rapido) is as follows:

If you have the full Termi race exhaust system and ECU the O2 sensors are bypassed in the ECU programming so you would notice no difference in low rev behaviour if you had the O2 sensor eliminators fitted.

If you have the slip on Termis and ECU (this is not the same ECU as for the full race exhaust system) then the O2 sensors are still being used, but low rev behaviour is better than standard.

Davidg1230
06-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Well, after my 140 mile round trip to Goodwood today, I can honestly say I've not noticed any change. Maybe this fix is geared more to the 1100's but the bike still feels lumpy at 2000rpm in second and at low speeds, but maybe that's just the way it is?

Slightly disappointed with the result and will now look at putting on a 14t sprocket next time the bike is serviced.:rolleyes:

Cobra88
06-10-2013, 02:52 PM
��hi David

Sounds like the termi ecu already sorts the problem

Anyone without one of those will be grateful for your eliminator plugs and not have to wait two weeks for them from greece ;)

Davidg1230
06-10-2013, 03:08 PM
��hi David

Anyone without one of those will be grateful for your eliminator plugs and not have to wait two weeks for them from greece ;)

I have standard cans at the moment, so puzzled why I've not seen any change?

Postage from Greece was only 4 days too. I'll look at taking them out next week and selling on ebay or except an offer from here for them.

Cobra88
06-10-2013, 03:09 PM
But you have termi ecu fitted ?

beds748
06-10-2013, 03:33 PM
��hi David

Can have mine ..im in hitchin way Hertfordshire

paulel
22-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Anyone know where I can get one of these for a s2r 1000? I've only been able to find a secondhand one in the States so far.

vegnomeat
23-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Its your lucky day

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Monster-S2R-1000-2006-Exhaust-O2-Wiring-Harness-Eliminator-/271253091731?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f27f1b593

paulel
23-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Thanks veggie, that's the one I saw! I was hoping to get a new one but I guess something like that shouldn't wear out so maybe I'll give it a go.

Alex Vespa
16-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Hi a question about lambda sensor and 02 eliminator. I bought a 2007 s2r1000 with eliminator fitted. It has an aftermarket DanMotot pipes and cans. The owner left the lambda sensor in place in pipes. Can I get rid of it and blank it? Thanks, Alex

Drumnagorrach
17-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Forgive my ignorance, I am new to Ducati's .Some of the symptoms mentioned on your later bikes manifest themselves to a lesser degree on my 2002 m900ie,in that on light throttle openings at revs below 3000 the bike is surging or snatching,the worst bit is when de accelerating ,I don't get smooth engine braking but snatchy "lumpy "retardation.
It's not that bad,but I wondered if anything can be done to smooth it out.

Allan
17-03-2014, 10:45 PM
Would fitting O2 sensor eliminators have any effect on an EVO 1100 with a slip on Race Carbon Termignoni kit with air cleaner and ecu ?

SunEye
18-03-2014, 02:27 AM
Would fitting O2 sensor eliminators have any effect on an EVO 1100 with a slip on Race Carbon Termignoni kit with air cleaner and ecu ?
Possibly, but it will be less of a difference than if you had the stock ECU. All I can say is that my evo with O2 sensor eliminators and GPR Powercone can is smoother at lower revs than my 2009 M1100 was with carbon Termis, ECU and air filter.

Cobra88
18-03-2014, 06:25 AM
Hi Allan

My Evo was smoother with the std ecu and O2 eliminators than it is with the Termignoni & DP ECU with O2 Eliminators.

But they are close.

Not tried the DP ECU without the eliminators though.

Rick

Bonzo
18-04-2014, 10:13 PM
....really noticeable improvement low down.

Id got so used to the way the bike ran before I really wasn't bothered about this upgrade, but thought give them a blast after the positive comments on here (especially as theyre only £20 at the moment with free P&P).

Couldn't be more chuffed :spin:

Im now able to roll on at around 3000rpm and in traffic the surging seems to have disappeared (the clutch will probably last longer now :thumbsup:)

Big thanks to Cobra88 for the post and helpful pics :hail:

RickyX
24-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Did anybody find out if these O2 sensor eliminators fit MY08-10 M1100 (Non-evo)?

Cheers,

R

Cobra88
24-04-2014, 11:47 AM
They are the same Ricky :)

RickyX
24-04-2014, 11:50 AM
They are the same Ricky :)

Good man! I thought they would be. To be 100% safe I have asked the seller.

Also....I will be at Brands on Wed 30th...fancy it?

R

Cobra88
24-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Hi Ricky

Can't do Brands on 30th as I'm away for work till 3rd May :(

Indy or GP ?

RickyX
24-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Just got the below response from Ebay Seller regarding suitability for 08 M1100S:

Hi there.
This product is only available for the EVO models currently Thank you very much for choosing our products, If you require any further assistance or have additional questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Regards,
Nick Iliopoulos

So....don't think I'll be ordering any unless he is just covering his a55 because he doesn't really know...

Indy. Might do another on 12th May.

R

Cobra88
24-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Hi Ricky

I have fitted a pair of my evo eliminators on my Friends 1100 S

they fit and work fine.

If you have a Termignoni ECU you wont notice much difference as the Termi ECU ignores the O2 sensors below 5000 RPM.

Davidg1230
24-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Just got the below response from Ebay Seller regarding suitability for 08 M1100S:

Hi there.
This product is only available for the EVO models currently Thank you very much for choosing our products, If you require any further assistance or have additional questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Regards,
Nick Iliopoulos

So....don't think I'll be ordering any unless he is just covering his a55 because he doesn't really know...

Indy. Might do another on 12th May.

R

I bought a pair for my 796, didn't make any difference but I do know someone else here has had them fitted to a mates 796 Hyper and it worked??

RickyX
24-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Hi Ricky

I have fitted a pair of my evo eliminators on my Friends 1100 S

they fit and work fine.

If you have a Termignoni ECU you wont notice much difference as the Termi ECU ignores the O2 sensors below 5000 RPM.

OK, I'll give them a whirl as I have standard ECU.

Thanks!

R

RickyX
03-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Just fitted them to my M1100S - fantastic transformation! No more embarrassing jerkiness while riding in town! Very pleased with the result.
Note that the EVO ones are fine on an 1100S despite what the seller said.
Thanks for the tip Rick.
BTW, Brands on the 12th.

R

Nev
03-05-2014, 09:09 PM
I had these from Greek guy ebay. Worked a treat at first then screwed my bike up popping like crazy and loads of power lag. Ducati took them off and said they were making the bike switch between 1 then 2 valves, or was it cylinders ?
Regardless they came off and bike runs fine, apparently only the Fatducs from the states work. Ive been told the termis smooth things out a bit if fitted so thats the plan.

Nev
03-05-2014, 09:21 PM
I had these from Greek guy ebay. Worked a treat at first then screwed my bike up popping like crazy and loads of power lag. Ducati took them off and said they were making the bike switch between 1 then 2 valves, or was it cylinders ?
Regardless they came off and bike runs fine, apparently only the Fatducs from the states work. Ive been told the termis smooth things out a bit if fitted so thats the plan.

If anybody wants them to try your welcome to them.

rick501
09-05-2014, 07:21 PM
can someone tell me if they work on an '09 m1100

RickyX
10-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Fitted the "EVO" ones on my 08 M1100S so they should be fine on yours.

R

bigredduke
13-05-2014, 11:29 AM
So, the O2 sensors keep the butterfly valve in the exhaust pipe (just in front of the can) closed until the engine revs exceed approx 4000 then it opens?

With the sensor eliminators fitted, the butterfly valve remains open at all revs including tickover?
Have I got that right?

Cobra88
13-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Hi Bigredduke

No mate the O2 sensors continually try to keep the fuel mixture as clean(weak) as possible at lower RPM

which is why these engines don't like running smooth below about 4000 rpm.

Has no effect on exhaust valve that I know about ;)

jonzi
13-05-2014, 11:37 AM
So, the O2 sensors keep the butterfly valve in the exhaust pipe (just in front of the can) closed until the engine revs exceed approx 4000 then it opens?

With the sensor eliminators fitted, the butterfly valve remains open at all revs including tickover?
Have I got that right?

Buy a DUC.EE and it will get rid of the need to have the butterfly valve.

Then have it chopped out or get new pipes.

On my 796, before I had a custom ti system made (pics on request), I had a 696 pipe put in instead. Meant that I got some space back under the seat as I could move my alarm from the toolkit area to where the butterfly jobbie was.

bigredduke
13-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Hi Bigredduke

No mate the O2 sensors continually try to keep the fuel mixture as clean(weak) as possible at lower RPM

which is why these engines don't like running smooth below about 4000 rpm.

Has no effect on exhaust valve that I know about ;)

So at over 4000 revs or thereabouts, the O2 sensors effectively are redundant & only kick in again when the revs drop below 4000 (or whatever the setting happens to be)? or do they monitor throughout the entire rev range?

bigredduke
14-05-2014, 07:49 PM
After the (mostly) positive posts on this, I decided to send for a couple of these.

I took the bike for a run, mostly on 40mph roads & through 30mph villages.

A definite improvement. The bike will happily run at 30mph at 2500 revs (no idea what gear though) & pull away cleanly. Much less of the shuddering & constantly feeling the need to change down a gear. The only downside is that I have lost the cocktail shaker on the right-hand side of the bars & it has turned into a brake fluid reservoir. Much more useful but less interesting.

The only side effects seem to be that the engine management light flashed briefly when rapidly slowing into a 30mph zone and the tickover seems to be quite high (2000 revs) for a few seconds after stopping. Then it settles to a normal level.

wezrvf
14-05-2014, 08:25 PM
I have the same symptoms as you, the light flashes on quick decel but then goes off straight away. I have had a service since fitting these and they ran it throughout the computer and no errors flagged so guess it is just a small glitch.

I have the Termis and DP ECU and thought I would take the eliminator a off to see if I notice any difference and there certainly was. It wasn't as smooth low down even with the ECU. I noticed it most on deceleration. With the eleminators fitted it revs down steady and constant, with out them it judders on the deceleration. Defo less popping and banging without them though.

Think I will fit them again !

bigredduke
10-06-2014, 12:09 PM
When I first fitted the eliminators, I tested the bike at low (built-up areas) speed & found the bike ran better. However, at 'normal' speeds it ran like a dog - missing, backfiring and huge power lags (not good for overtakes). The seller sent me replacements in case the first set were faulty. The second set were exactly the same so I have sent them back.

It seems there are two bikes on the forum that don't run well with them fitted.

Cobra88
10-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Hi Brd

try and leave the eliminators on for a couple of hundred miles so the ecu can relearn with them fitted.

the ecu on the bike has to adapt to the new perameters over a couple of hundred miles so give it a little while.

mine was fairly lumpy for about 250 miles then smoothed out.

Might not on yours but worth a try.

bigredduke
10-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Hi Brd

try and leave the eliminators on for a couple of hundred miles so the ecu can relearn with them fitted.

the ecu on the bike has to adapt to the new perameters over a couple of hundred miles so give it a little while.

mine was fairly lumpy for about 250 miles then smoothed out.

Might not on yours but worth a try.

I can see how that might work but tbh I was quite worried that that there was a chance that the backfire and misses might do some serious damage so I removed them as soon as possible.

Black Bob
10-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Weird.

My misfires and lurching were totally cured by these things, and the only side effect has been the engine management light coming on after a prolonged deceleration on a closed throttle. A few seconds on the gas again and it will go out.

I've had them on for 6,000 miles, and there's no way I'd take them off again.

vegnomeat
14-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Had them fitted for months now, wouldn't change them for anything.