PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP thoughts

bluestoesonnose
27-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Lorrenzo out, Cal takes the works bike for a few rounds?

Pomp1
27-06-2013, 08:58 PM
It would be really unlikely, but I'd love to see that.
Pedrosa is probably celebrating tonight..

bluestoesonnose
27-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Could dress it in Tech 3 black

Gilps
27-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Its only a collar bone. He should only miss one round.

bluestoesonnose
27-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Yeah the speedway chap did, though he looked in some real pain off the bike

Dirty
27-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Why do they race Assen on a Saturday?

slob
28-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Dutch TT has always been a Saturday event.

Gilps
28-06-2013, 07:24 AM
I think it was originally a religious thing and it has just become customary. I seem to recall that the circuit didn't operate on Sundays until fairly recently.

Dirty
28-06-2013, 08:53 AM
I think it was originally a religious thing and it has just become customary. I seem to recall that the circuit didn't operate on Sundays until fairly recently.

Thanks Glips, you are indeed correct. A bit of research reveals we can blame the Calvinists for the Original Saturday races!

gary tompkins
28-06-2013, 09:27 AM
If you watch the slow-mo Lorenzo ran wide and probably clipped the white line

Using that much track with standing water everywhere was a bit daft... everyone's luck runs out eventually

Pomp1
28-06-2013, 10:34 AM
If you watch the slow-mo Lorenzo ran wide and probably clipped the white line

Using that much track with standing water everywhere was a bit daft... everyone's luck runs out eventually

He did indeed run on the white line with the rear. Still amazes me how fast they can go even with a (very) wet track..

Scott1
28-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Lorrenzo out, Cal takes the works bike for a few rounds?

He didn't need it, amazing last lap.

Dirty
01-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Great to see Rossi get his Mojo back

gary tompkins
01-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Great to see Rossi get his Mojo back

Don't know what amazes me more. Rossie on the top step of the podium.. or the fact that Lorenzo flew back to spain on Friday to plate his broken collarbone, made the starting grid on Saturday and finished 5th :eek:

Pedroza must be pig sick

Dirty
01-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Lorenzo flew back to spain on Friday to plate his broken collarbone, made the starting grid on Saturday and finished 5th :eek:

Pedroza must be pig sick

And from 12th he was running a genuine 4th at one point (poor Carl!) with the pace to catch a podium at least! Superhuman effort!

buzzbomb
01-07-2013, 04:15 PM
It was great to see Vale step up to the plate and win the race for Yamaha, Lorenzo and of course himself, I thought he rode the wheels off his M1.

Sorry Rob but the king is well and truly back on form...:hail:

SunEye
01-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Lorenzo's ride was something else. I think it's safe to say that he really wants to win the championship and broken bones aren't going to stop him.

It amazes me what some professional sportsmen are able to do when injured. In 2003 Tyler Hamiton broken his collarbone on the first stage of the Tour de France. Usually that would put a rider out of the race, but because it wasn't displaced they just strapped it up and he carried on. He went on to finish 4th overall and he even won a stage.

Good to see Rossi win. Maybe they have finally managed to get the bike working how he needs it or he has managed to adapt his riding to suit it or a bit of both.

Cal deserves a full factory ride so much. It would be a shame for it not to be on the Yamaha. He has worked out how to ride the bike to get the best out of it. I really think that Yamaha should have 3 full factory bikes next year.

Pedro
01-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Neil Spalding on Eurosport made some comments about Cal's bike vs the factory bikes and he's convinced they are not that far apart. The main difference is the location of the fuel tank and slightly simpler electronics.

The tank on the factory bikes is lower and further back than Cal's, done to improve stability under braking - the main gripe Cal has. The electronics are more adjustable on the factory bikes and as Spalders said, that means you can get it more wrong! As far as the engines are concerned, there's very little if any difference. I think if Tech 3 were to shift the fuel tank to a similar position to the factory bikes then Cal wouldn't struggle so much on a full fuel load.

Ped

gary tompkins
02-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Would also help to explain why Cal struggles at the start but gets quicker after the first 8 to 10 laps

Gilps
02-07-2013, 08:55 AM
...also Cal is running last years swing arm. Jorge and Vale started out running this years version, obviously designed to meet Jorge's requirements. Apparently Vale was keen to be going back to last years model and I think he has now done that.