PDA

View Full Version : eBay Bike Breakers

bluestoesonnose
23-06-2013, 05:16 PM
I have to ask if these muppets do their homework or do they rely on punters being muppets and not doing their homework?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-620-IE-600-750-900-MONSTER-REAR-LAMP-/181163663325?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item2a2e321fdd

I paid less (when you take into account the postage costs) for a new one from Moto Rapido!

I'm sure if they lowered their prices and had more throughput then the cash flow would be better, which I am sure would improve the bottom line as well..

PDS
23-06-2013, 05:34 PM
alot of the time its just "chancing their arm" if you made a offer of half the price they would probably accept, I bought something advertised at 200 offered 100 and it was accepted..........the world of vehicle breakers pay peanuts......... charge hard, and generally be unhelpful when its not as decribed :)

I was looking for a fuel tank from a bike breaker it had pictures of every aspect but the hinge area I asked if it had ever been repaired , twice I sent a message never got a answer, I phoned and was told is was as decribed in the advert and he was too busy to go and have a look.

I guess its been repaired at the hinge then :)