PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Cromer

StevieL
22-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Hi all been off the road for a while then I fancied a more modern Ducati,I have an SD Darmah and decided to look for a 900 Monster,found one on ebay, bid on and won it but the muppet sold it for more two days later on Auto Trader, it's a funny old world because I then came across Buffalo4's 900ie, gave him a ring and bought it, if any of you are familiar with the bike you will know what a beauty it is and how well Ian looked after it. I'm just up the road from several of you,look forward to putting faces to names in due course.
atb Steve

Grumpy
22-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Welcome aboard, Steve...one of the best fire works displays, on new years day.:yoparty:
The crabs good as well.
Enjoy the 900.

He11cat
22-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Hello .. And welcome the last time I went to Cromer I did not catch anything ..
( off the pier :) )

Grumpy
22-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Hello .. And welcome the last time I went to Cromer I did not catch anything ..
( off the pier :) )

Not even a cold, Mel!:running:

He11cat
22-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Lol actually I lie .... I got drenched and ended up in a cream jumper and a skirt at Sarah's !!
And everyone laughed at me as I looked very strange!
I caught a cold !

Grumpy
22-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Lol actually I lie .... I got drenched and ended up in a cream jumper and a skirt at Sarah's !!
And everyone laughed at me as I looked very strange!
I caught a cold !
You in a skirt!! I don't believe it!!:spin:

Mr Gazza
22-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Welcome Stevie..
Pleased to hear you are fixed up with a Monster....Ha ha thats one less I have to bid against..!!

Bit of an age test here....Do you remember Denjos in Cromer.?

Cheeres

Gazza

StevieL
22-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Hi Gazza no I can't say that I do but its not likely to be an age thing was lucky enough to be riding before the compulsory helmet law and even luckier to have seen sense after nearly parting company with a BSA Thunderbolt after getting a face full of bumble bee at 70mph,was born in Ranworth so am more familiar with the 3C's, Levi McCarthys café and the Bedford Arms, bit later the Ber Gates and a lot of the hooligans that make up the older membership of the Sunday Club, left Norfolk to live in Towcester about four years ago and have come back to this end of the county. atb Steve

Grumpy
22-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Hi Gazza no I can't say that I do but its not likely to be an age thing was lucky enough to be riding before the compulsory helmet law and even luckier to have seen sense after nearly parting company with a BSA Thunderbolt after getting a face full of bumble bee at 70mph,was born in Ranworth so am more familiar with the 3C's, Levi McCarthys café and the Bedford Arms, bit later the Ber Gates and a lot of the hooligans that make up the older membership of the Sunday Club, left Norfolk to live in Towcester about four years ago and have come back to this end of the county. atb Steve

The Sunday club!
Gremlins,who is on here occasionally,and lives near Norwich,goes with her partner,Clive, to their meets...do you know them?

StevieL
23-06-2013, 05:35 AM
Hi Grumpy can't say that I do, been out of the area for a while and have too many hobbies ( she says, not sure what shes on about ) mainly grab the chance when it comes along and the weather is kind which just lately up here is rare, still working and I travel for warranty work so can be away all week, getting home on a Saturday and announcing that I will be biking/fishing/clay shooting/going to the pub usually results in a very quiet couple of days................atb Steve

Mr Gazza
23-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Ha ha .. It wasn't really a test but you passed anyway..

I missed the 3C's era by a little bit, but I've heard lots of stories from the nostalgists.

You are more the "Cromer Links" generation where as I am from the "West Runton Pavillion" days

I know Ranworth well, My good freinds live at Woodbastwick.

Denjos was a popular watering hole at the end of Church street, you had to climb steep steps up to the cafe. The narrow street would be lined with Tridents, Bonnies, Commandos, Beezas and the like with the odd Honda four popping up. Ducatis were VERY elite in those days...

Pomp1
23-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Hi and welcome :)