PDA

View Full Version : Getting my bike roadworthy

Baggabones
18-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Hello folks,

As I said in my intro, I managed to damage my precious. :(

Now all the parts have arrived and my job tomorrow is to put them all on. I'm happy enough with handlebars, grips etc.

What I'm not sure about is the rear brake pedal. Is this fairly straightforward to change out?

Thanks

bluestoesonnose
19-06-2013, 06:09 AM
Should be a bolt off bolt on number, you won't need to bleed anything

Baggabones
20-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Thanks gents, was quite straight forward, if a little fidgety.

Although taking it for a run afterward I noticed the whole tank/airbox (whatever you wanna call the bulge now)was sitting squint. 'Oh &*^*' I think, is something bent underneath. So after some further investigation, and the observant skills of my soon to be wife, it was discovered the fuel tank wasnt mounted properly, and indeed there is a bolt missing, along with some screws for the tank panels. Also on my one good tank panel, I found that one of the screw mounts was snapped off :S In the process of putting that all right, I found a screw missing for a tray under the seat, and another screw not even screwed into the thread.

All this is quite interesting, as the bike has only had Ducati working on it. The damage I did to the bike was on the right side. This was on the left. It is a genuine case of having not been put together properly, I presume after its last service.

Dukedesmo
20-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Should be a bolt off bolt on number, you won't need to bleed anything

Indeed, just one thing though. Check that there is a little freeplay in the pedal before it activates the cylinder, if not then the pressure can cause the fluid to expand, locking up the brake and cause your brake pads to catch fire!...

Don't ask me how I know this. :o