PDA

View Full Version : Sussex meets?

maxxjod
17-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Hi,

I am just wondering how many riders there are in Sussex?

My name is Jody and i live in the Brighton area and ride a Yellow M750, i have been on the forum for quite a few years now, but i have only made it to several meets, but one of the best ones was the run to France for lunch a few years ago which i would dearly love to do again soon.

If i could have an idea of peoples locations then maybe i could work out where would be good a good place to meet up.

I believe the Sussex rep post is vacant if that is the case would anybody like me to step forwards to fill it?

If we were to meet on the 4th Sunday of each month it would keep options open for maybe meeting up with the Kent group on the 2nd Sunday and Hampshire group on the 3rd Sunday of each month.

I will eagerly await some reply's,
Best regards
Jody

scrapps
17-06-2013, 01:13 PM
As a Kent member I think a regular Sussex meet would be a great idea and I am sure a few Kenties would ride over to join in.
I am always happy to ride into Sussex from Kent as that involves some nice roads. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Shuffy
17-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Hi Jody

I remember you from that day trip to France! As Scrapps said, I'm sure the Kenties could wander over for a ride every so often! It would be nice to get another section going as I'm sure there are a few people in Sussex.

gary tompkins
17-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Go for it

Would be great to see the Sussex section brought back to life, and I'm sure there are a lot of monster owners down that way

Flip
18-06-2013, 02:42 AM
I'm West along the coast a little and I know there are a couple of others on here from Bognor and Chichester way.

I don't get out as often as I used to but could definitely be tempted when (if??!!??) we get some nice weather.

Evening runs are always nice too!!

Black Bob
18-06-2013, 06:31 AM
I'm in. (East Sussex). :)

maxxjod
18-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Ok then here are a couple of suggestions-

I am thinking a Tuesday evening meet at Whiteways Cafe, BN18 9FD, as they shut at 9pm.

A Sunday meet at Wessons Cafe, TN21 0ER, at around 9-9.30 (after that time it starts to get very busy) that way if the kenties would like to join us they can.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards

Jody

JuZ
19-06-2013, 06:40 AM
I am thinking a Tuesday evening meet at Whiteways Cafe, BN18 9FD

That's not far from me and I may turn up if we get a nice evening :biggrin:

A Sunday meet at Wessons Cafe, TN21 0ER, Please let me know your thoughts.

My thoughts are limited but ......... That's bloody miles away :eek: I guess that's what happes when you live in a big county

Black Bob
19-06-2013, 07:05 AM
That's bloody miles away :eek:

Could be wrong, but I think that is one of the reasons motorcycles were invented. :D

Never been to Wessons, but the location looks good even if the parking looks a tad limited. Can always scout for new venues if it's rubbish. Does the place on top of Devil's Dyke do breakfast? Now that could be awesome.

slinemfc
19-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Well volunteered! I'm based in Haywards Heath.

I'm liking the idea of a Tuesday evening if it is a nice one and I'm not working!

gary tompkins
20-06-2013, 01:21 PM
East and West Sussex is a huge combined area

If you stuck a pin in the middle it will fall around the Burgess Hill area

SunEye
20-06-2013, 03:14 PM
A Sussex meet sounds like a good idea.

Tuesday night anywhere is unlikely for me because I work most evenings.

Getting to Wesson's for 9-9:30 on a Sunday might be a bit of an ask. It is well over an hour's ride (especially if I take the scenic route) and I'm often working until midnight on Saturday. If it was 10am then that would be a lot better.

Can I suggest that due to the large size of the combined West and East Sussex that a monthly Sunday meet moves around a bit in order to capture as many of the Sussex members as possible during the course of a year.

Sirc
21-06-2013, 08:17 AM
anyway, when this is finalised I will be there :)

maxxjod
21-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Hi all,

Thank for all the reply's.

I fully understand that people have jobs or commitments that mean some meets will be difficult to go to, so i am always going to be open to suggestions and comments.

I also fully agree that Sussex meetings should float around the county(s) as it is so big, please could somebody advise me of a cafe over in the west of the area.

The weather for this Sunday looks favorable at present, so how about a meet at Wessons, TN21 0ER, say 9-30/10ish this Sunday 23/06.

I am heading up from the Brighton area so would be willing to meet/wait/detour for anybody on route.

Will be great to meet up so just let me know your thoughts or ideas.

Regards

Jody

Flip
21-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Well I'm only a few miles from Whiteways (Bury Hill) and so am definitely up for a Tuesday evening cuppa if the weather's kind and as long I there's a bit of notice will try to get to the Sunday meets too.

slob
21-06-2013, 05:29 PM
many thanks Jody, I hope the hat fits okay :-D

SunEye
22-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Obviously there are probably suitable meeting places all over East and West Sussex. I'm not a big frequenter of roadside eateries so I can't say that I've been to many in the area. One which might be in a reasonably easily accessible location for many is Billy's On The Road (http://www.billysontheroad.co.uk/) which is on the A29 just north of Billingshurst. I have only seen it in passing so cannot comment on the food, toilets, etc. It's about equidistant from Brighton, Bognor and Box Hill so a meet there may even tempt some Surreyers down.

Obviously if we want a meet by the seaside then there are probably no end of suitable places from West Wittering all the way to Brighton.

Going inland and east a bit and therefore a bit more East Sussex and Kent friendly would be somewhere like The Chalet at Cowfold.

I did find a website The Breakfast Menu (http://thebreakfastmenu.com/) that has reviewed quite a few Sussex cafes so that could give us some ideas of possible places for a Sunday meet as well.

And many thanks to maxxjod for organising something for Sussex :banana:

slinemfc
23-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Sorry I didn't get to make it in time today as I got distracted on the way by some nice empty roads. And no, I didn't get lost... Much.

Must've just missed those that were there. Next time B-)

maxxjod
23-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi, sorry i missed you today slinemfc, what time did you get to wessons?
Did i manage to miss anybody else?

Sirc
23-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Sorry - too late notice or would have come particularly as i have some bits to pick up in Heathfield - next time.

slinemfc
24-06-2013, 08:52 AM
I was there at just gone 11. I knew I wouldn't be there in time but as I was out anyway thought I'd check out Wessons as I'd never been there and if I bumped into any UKMOCers then fair enough...

Flip
07-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Just wondering if anyone is up for a meet at Whiteways Café (Bury Hill) on the A29 this coming Tuesday evening?
I'm easy whether we go for a little pootle or just grab a coffee etc.

JuZ
07-07-2013, 08:48 AM
I will probably be about, what sort of time were you thinking?

Flip
08-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Okay, Peepoles as it's going to be a nice evening so I will be getting up to the café at Whiteways about 18:30 if anyone is around. Have a coffee or two and see where things go from there.

JuZ
09-07-2013, 06:35 AM
Far too early for me I'm afraid, not usually in from work by then :(

gary tompkins
09-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Weekday meets never usually work well unless members can finish work early

maxxjod
09-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Hi, i would be able to get there for around 7.30-8 this evening if anybody would be interested?
Whiteways are open until 9 this evening.

Flip
09-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Okay lets make it around 7:30 then- I'm only down the road so no probs and maybe a few others can make it too???

Flip
09-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Well, popped out for a pootle around and got to Whiteways around 19:40 and only about ten bikes there!

'tis funny- I only live down the road so don't go there often but thought it would be heaving on such a nice evening. Had a coffee and a catch up but no Monsters so didn't stay long as it actually closes at 20:00 NOT 21:00 for future reference folks!

slinemfc
16-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Has anyone got or making any plans for meeting this 4th Sunday?

urbanfireblade
19-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Jody, i'm in Bognor and always at Whiteways sunday afternoons(Monster Dark). There are a few other i get out with locally, Bikerbabe(Sue) is in Chichester and Termi(Harry) is in Wittering, plus a friend has a 900SS who's local to me too, there's Steve)i think) from Chichester too, i'm sure we'd all like to meet up if your looking to do another Whiteways meet again.
I was up there yesterday after work for a coffee around 4.20pm and it was gorgeous, only a handful of bikes, weekday afternoons/evenings i think its generally quiet so a Monster meet there would be a great idea.

Black Bob
16-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Did this all die a death then, or what?

Sirc
17-08-2013, 09:24 PM
just needs a fixed, once a month meet at one venue that people can plan around for the future

maxxjod
22-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of anything being organised but i have had to spend quite a bit of time between the UK and Serbia and the UK and Italy over the past few weeks in addition trying to run my companies work shop in Sussex, oh and relocate the workshop from one building to another and move a CNC Plasma cutter.

So guys and girls please give me some ideas of dates, times and venues that you have in mind.

I would suggest a meet at Whiteways cafe, BN18 9FD, on a sunday morning, 1st sept, at 10ish.

Regards

Jody

slinemfc
23-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Anyone heading up there this weekend?