PDA

View Full Version : Wroxham, Norfolk - Gather Tues 2nd July 6.30pm

Mohawk
15-06-2013, 04:04 PM
We've a few members from in and around Norfolk so wondered if you fancied getting together? Maybe meet for a bit of a social first and discuss plans for rideouts.

Let us know if your interested and I'll sort a date out. Maybe useful to say where you're based and whether evening or weekend is best and we can go with most popular option for our first gather. Feel free to share any ideas you have.

Be good to get something going in Norfolk again :-)

Mr Gazza
15-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Nice idea.
I would be up for it, but i would have to park the Triumph out of sight.:mad:

It would be nice to get up close to some Monsters agian and maybe blag a ride, as I am quite interested to find out what a 750 goes like, being obsessed with the 900.

I live within earshot of Whitwell Station, where they have bike meets every Friday evening.
The Brisley Bell is a nice run out too. The Hickling Pleasure boat, the Horning Ferry, The pub at Ranworth Broad, Geldeston Locks..Nice little Cafe at Walcott....Put a pin the Map...!

Just near the Horning Ferry is the Neatished Radar Museum, if you lived in Norfolk during the Cold War it is an absolute must see.

Personally I prefer to ride out on an evening as I don't like jossling with weekend traffic.

Hope you get a few more posts here Mohawk...Good luck.

Mohawk
15-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Mr Gazza, cheers for your reply and you'd be very welcome out on the Triumph. I'm going to fire an email off to others who may be interested but that may miss this thread.

Watch this space for plans.

He11cat
16-06-2013, 03:09 PM
I have not been up as ( your Norfolk group so obviously meet in Norfolk :) )
As it got a bit to far up in Norfolk to go to a pub meet then back to Suffolk.
I'd love to nip up to Whitwell is it?
For the Friday night meet at some point but again due to home commitments and weekday stuff Fridays can be mental.

That yukky A140 at night is not great
If there are any bike shows you hear of could you flag up please :)
I'm pretty sure James was taking a chip or ice cream meet ..

And no Mr Grumpy I am not stooping low enough to eat a Mr Whippy 99 flake yuk !!
Proper Ice cream !

It would make sense that two countless get together at some point would be nice .

Mr Gazza
16-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Mohawk hasn't got the Norfolk boys together yet.
When I was in the AJS & Matchless OC the Norflok and Suffolk sections used to get together at a Pub in Thetford....Just a matter of agreeing a place and time.

I agree with your comments about the A140, light or dark it's a pretty grim stretch. Probably different now I hope, but there never used to be any late night petrol stations from Ipswich to Norwich....Many a white knuckler with the reserve light on..!!

daz4004
23-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Sounds good love to meet up I'm in north Walsham area but like mr gazer all sound good

Stued
24-06-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm up for it, treat it as a special occasion. tell me where and when

He11cat
24-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Still no late night petrol stations :(
And lots of lorry s now !
Yes I know ensure I fill up
Had a couple of moments of am I going to make it!!!!

Grumpy
24-06-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm pretty sure James was taking a chip or ice cream meet ..

And no Mr Grumpy I am not stooping low enough to eat a Mr Whippy 99 flake yuk !!
Proper Ice cream !

Did someone mention chips and ice cream!!! I'm in!:spin:

Mohawk
24-06-2013, 10:17 PM
How about meeting at Wroxham one evening and having a run up to Holt. Byfords Cafe is open in the evening with tables outside and the roads from Wroxham to Holt are superb. I can do most evenings. What do you think? Let me know which nights you can each do and what sort of time you could be in Wroxham and we'll take it from there. :-)

Mohawk
24-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Mel and Grumpy, yes chips and ice cream sounds good. Perhaps once we have the group meeting locally and growing a wee bit we'll get further afield to meet up with you folks. In saying that you're welcome to join us at any of the Norfolk meets

Mr Gazza
24-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Make it any night this week and you're on....Hoping to have the Triumph sold by the weekend..

BTW...I did a lot of the woodwork in Byfords..I wonder if it still looks good..?

Grumpy
24-06-2013, 10:39 PM
How about Friday evening,this week?

Mohawk
25-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Yeah happy to meet this Friday. Shall we meet in Wroxham then head up to Byfords. I can be there anytime from 6pm. Shall we meet next to Roys, by the ATM. It's on the road you'd take to head out of Wroxham to Coltishall. Anyone else fancy joining us?

Grumpy
25-06-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm up for a run Friday,although 6 is pushing it time wise,for me.
Moors,if you pm me your mobile No,I will call on Fri with a firmer eta.:thumbsup:

He11cat
25-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Fridays are out for me sorry.
Either working or getting kids to their dads

Mr Gazza
25-06-2013, 09:45 PM
The route is a good call Mohawk..

I'm usually pretty ragged on friday evenings, and this week I am lumbered with some site work, so home time might be later than desired :banghead:

If I can catch you going through Corpusty or Aylsham then I will ride the rest of the way with you...failing that I will meet you at Holt.

If it is raining, like it is forcast then I wiil see you at Holt in the Skoda Romeo.:mad:
Sorry, can't be arsed to clean the bike again..It is cleaned up for sale.

See you there one way or another...

Mohawk
25-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Yeah just checked the forecast as you mention it, you're right looks like rain in the evening. Let's keep an eye on it and see what it looks like nearer the time.

StevieL
26-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Hi all if Friday behaves and I'm home in time would be nice to meet you all, only live six miles from Holt so I could do a Gazza and meet you there fingers crossed atb Steve.

Mohawk
27-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi all, the forecast is still rubbish for tomorrow night so thinking we delay for better weather.

I've changed the date on the thread for next Tuesday as I already have plans to ride up to Holt on that evening. Would anyone else like to meet then? (Steve feel free to go to Byfords in the car, there should be a few other bikes there for you to have a look at. Would probably be at Holt just after 8pm)

StevieL
28-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Good call Mohawk it's a grey and dismal evening up here will play it by ear on Tuesday and if possible swing round to Holt atb Steve

Mr Gazza
28-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Thanks for all the messages and for keeping the ball rolling on this one Mohawk.
Sorry I can't make it for the Sunday run, but I will be there on Tuesday for sure.
If I roll up on the Triumph, be prepared for me being a bit grumpy...The auction ends on Sunday evening...So it will mean I didn't get the tickets for a Monster..!!

Steve....Could you tell your Avatar to be careful with those?. She'll have somebodies eye out.!!

Cheers

Gazza

Mohawk
28-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Cheers Gazza. Did you want to meet me at Wroxham for the ride up to Holt? Which Triumph do you have, my hubby has the Street Triple R and loves it

StevieL
28-06-2013, 07:43 PM
:chuckle::chuckle:

StevieL
28-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Brother in law has a Tiger Sport as his own bike and a Multistrada as his company car really rates them both but says that the fuel consumption on the Multi is scary, always takes the Triumph for any distance.atb Steve

Grumpy
28-06-2013, 10:42 PM
It's rained all day in the Haverhill area!
Will give it a go for Tuesday.

Mr Gazza
29-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Yep..I would be up for the run if the bike has not sold Mohawk.

I will be in touch regarding that.

The Triumph is a Sprint 955i ST from 2002...A far cry from a Monster.!
I had an original Trident on my shopping list, and somhow thought that this would be a reasonable alternative, given that modern brakes, suspension and technology is so much better.But at the end of the day it's just another multi really, give or take....Just doesn't butter my parsnip..:biggrin:

Nonnie
29-06-2013, 09:57 PM
As soon as school breaks up ill have a better chance of joining in during the week! 2 weeks to go!

Mohawk
01-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Forecast looking good for tomorrow night. I'm meeting one bike at C J Balls Norwich at 6.15pm. Then on to Wroxham for 6.30pm. Another couple of bikes possibly picking us up at Coltishall at 6.45pm. Then it's off to Byfords, Holt to meet others for a latte, (via Aylsham, Saxthorpe and Melton Constable.) All welcome.

If you know you are def' meeting us en route let us know so we make sure we don't leave without you.

Mr Gazza
02-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Well done Mohawk and thanks for putting in the donkey work to make the run out happen.

I tagged on the end at Aylsham with a bit of niffty timing, and I must say the route took in some classic Norfolk B roads.
I had my work cut out riding tail end Charlie though, it's like riding at the end of a long bungie..!
Not sure if I want to ride out on the Triumph too much more for the sake of it, but things will be different when I have a Monster....It was a nice bit of soul food for me to see yours Mohawk.

I am sure you will get the Norfolk Monsters together with your tenacity and enthusiasm, I am behind you all the way.

How about this for a run.?...Stalham, Bacton, Norh Walsham, Aylsham, Cawston then Whitwell... You would enjoy the roads if you can find your way onto the Aylsham road out of North Walsham. :chuckle:....I will make it my first run when I get a Monster on the road.

Cheers

Gazza

Mohawk
02-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Gazza, it was great to meet you tonight, thanks for coming along. Glad you enjoyed the route and the one you suggest also sounds fab. Let me know when you fancy getting out again, I'm usually out on the bike :-)

Steve, was kind of you to turn out and to meet my OH at Wroxham. Looking forward to meeting you out on the bike.

Please do post up if you want to get out, don't feel you have to wait for me.

See you soon

StevieL
03-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Was nice to meet and chat to Richard, we have a friend or two in common was on my way home from work so easy to pop in to Wroxham. If anything comes up that I think would be of interest for a ride out i will post it up, pretty neat Triumph R hast here! atb Steve