PDA

View Full Version : Michelin PR3 or Power 3????????

jerry
10-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Do michelin pilot Road 3 or pilot power 3 work ok on monsters ?????? are they a good dry weather tyre ????

J.P
10-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Road 3 will last longer than the Power 3.

Headhunter
10-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Jerry,

I've got the PR3's on my 620ie and they're amazing in the dry too. They're abused on a daily basis and probably provide me with too much confidence (or so I like to think - am sure they're more than capable than my ability/needs).

Have noticed they get a little slippy in very high temps, as I think you're in Asia etc? Just in case. Am talking 45c+

Have done 5k and still looking great.

Paul_
10-06-2013, 02:21 PM
To throw a curve ball and sorry to hijack this thread but Pirelli Angel GT's are absurdly good. Have you considered them?

jerry
11-06-2013, 08:38 AM
To throw a curve ball and sorry to hijack this thread but Pirelli Angel GT's are absurdly good. Have you considered them?

I really wanted Dunlop Q2 but unobtainable here in Thailand as are metzlers, Angel st , and many others,

I can get good ole pirrelli Diablo rossos again , but want something super sticky and able to handle the heat and the michelins are both in stock ,

Funkatronic
11-06-2013, 09:53 AM
both are great tyres used the PP3 on track and the PR3 on the road
PP3 is a very sticky tyre in the dry

the PR3 in the wet is amazing and after 6000 + miles they dont even look half worn
i did track the PR3 a title and it does start to tear up when pushed hard
as an all rounder the PR3 is the better tyre, if you want to hang right off the bike dragging your knee while cornering in the dry, the PP3 is awesome.

hth
aii

Rally
11-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Having just got my 3rd PR3 fitted this morning, I highly recommend them. I would like to point out though that anything over 3000 miles out of one is just a dream for me. The last one did 2600 miles and was down to the canvas in one spot after a couple of weeks chasing round the mountain course.

My tyre supplier was shocked as he was told they should do 8000 miles being a sports tourer tyre. I would personally never go for a soft tyre as my confidence in these is 100% anyway, as well as the fact the softer tyres move around under you more when pushed hard.

Ride it like you stole it and it still only costs 5p a mile! :D

jerry
13-06-2013, 02:42 PM
last time i used michelins was 8 years ago had power roads they lasted 4000 miles to the canvas , pireeli diablo rosso corsa 3 i can get 8000+ out of a rear , now on end of 2nd pair , I have heard that Pr3 new sipes cause front end wobble and vibration on some bikes , wet weather riding in thailand is a moot point if the roads are damp they will dry in 30 minutes and if they are wet its too dangerous to ride until the rain is over because there is Zero visibilty anyway

samieb
13-06-2013, 05:11 PM
I'd go down the PR3 route personally. Have a Multi which is on its 2nd pair now. Had done 4500 miles from he 1st set but most of this was in Scotland in 2012 on their hardened road surfaces. Been running a front on the Monster and have ordered a rear to match. These are in reality Street Legal Wets, that work in all kinds of rideable weathers. So if you like Michelin's, you'll love the PR3's.

jerry
14-06-2013, 05:09 PM
I plumped for the pilot road 3s fitted them today cost £300 the pair , but dont know how good they are as on sunday i have to go to vietnam for 6 days for a job and my seat is being reprofiled , maybe get it back tommorow morning and give it a blast over to rayong in the afternoon unless tropical rains occur ,

Oh an what pressures are u using previosly on diablos i used 35 rear 31 front on the s4 but I believe Michelin reccomend higher pressures 38 rear and 33 front is that right ???