PDA

View Full Version : Tail Tidy Fail

PDS
04-06-2013, 04:11 PM
When I first got my Monster about 2 years ago the first thing I did was chop the rear off, I bought a tail tidy, from the person that advertises on this site the "Atomic tail chop" They are a American company.

After 2 years of service it failed at the mounting points, I never put any AV points from the frame to the tail tidy, so to be honest not overly surprised as the Ducati is not really a vibration free zone like Jap stuff :)

I sent Ty a email asking exactly what alloy they used as I had a friend that could TIG weld it for me, and wanted to make sure I had the right filler rods for the job, I even said I did not put any AV mounts in and also that I bought it about 2 years ago,

He sent a requested asking for a picture of the broken tail tidy, which I did and then he offered to replace under warrenty, as he had a batch that some had failed and I may of had one and he would like to replace it, as long as I payed for the shipping as it was international,

I payed for shipping and today it arrived, Have to say Big thumbs up for TY you don't get better customer service.

Mr Gazza
04-06-2013, 05:03 PM
That's really good to hear.

Very often folk will be extremely helpful if you go in gently, with a view to some self help, and some sympathy with the vendor for the apparent failure of thier product or service. Even implying that the blame must surly lie with oneself.

I have found that going in ranting and raving about somthing which is clearly totally useless and in urgent need of replacement or refund, gets bad results....Nobody likes Mr Angry.!

I had a good experience with Vince Goosey of GB Motorcycle Products just recently.
He makes special tools for Triumphs and Ducatis too.
A Triumph locking ring socket that I bought from him would not fit my bike so I sent him some photos of my locking ring and some measurements, for which he thanked me.
He said he has difficulty getting info from which to make the tools, and has his mate test the Triumph ones one his bike.
He sent me three different sockets to try on my bike FOC, only asking me which one fitted the best, so as to ammend his records. (Which I did happilly).

He also told me that the Ducati Owners club had been very helpful to him in supplying accurate information about the Ducati tools....so buy with confidence. :D

Cheers

Gazza

PhilH67
05-06-2013, 08:00 AM
That's fantastic to know as I've just got one of those and it will be ready to install when I get home from Crete. I have to say I was a little perturbed when I read the opening few lines of your post....

Nottsbiker
05-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Good to hear that there are some decent people and companies around.