PDA

View Full Version : help i need advice...

Julie
03-01-2004, 11:29 AM
i have just purchased some oxford handle bar heated grips... everything looks easy...however how do i bloody remove the grips that are on my 620? can you help me

Julie
03-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Dont worry i've got them off now. Just re-read my old post about heated grips and used the WD40 technique. Thank you

Julie
03-01-2004, 01:38 PM
All done..fitted and HOT!

I'm really pleased with my self.

DesmoDog
10-02-2004, 04:35 PM
that is until the bostik incident eh Julie

Julie
10-02-2004, 04:43 PM
Clever Lad :)

A Yerbury
10-02-2004, 04:43 PM
3 consectutive posts? u gals really should get out more!

Julie
10-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Alex
what would you do with out my words of wisdom and spelling mistakes??

spacemonkey
12-02-2004, 03:27 PM
A Seven Samurai/Kurosawa fan I believe!

How did you get on with fixing the grips on (that is how easy was it getting them on?) I had a pig of a time as they were bloody tight-no glue required..

Julie
12-02-2004, 04:42 PM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5160

slug
13-02-2004, 08:13 AM
Julie/Ruth, Space
where did you wire the grips into?
straight to the battery or into the ignition switch? If the ignition switch, how easy was it and where do the wires go?

Cheers

A Yerbury
13-02-2004, 10:48 AM
kurosawa-ohhhh-YES!

Julie
13-02-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by slug
Julie/Ruth, Space
where did you wire the grips into?
straight to the battery or into the ignition switch? If the ignition switch, how easy was it and where do the wires go?

Cheers

Hi

I put them on the Battery. It was really easy. But I had to tuck the wires out of the way under the tank.

Julie

spacemonkey
13-02-2004, 07:03 PM
I wired mine straight into the fuse box. Take out the fuse box and find a wire underneath that is a switched live (ie only comes on with the ignition) and splice into it with a Scotchblock thingy. Then it will never drain the battery with the ignition off.

Yerbury-my ex wife's grandad was from a samurai family background (later they had very strong connections with a small car manufacturer in Yokohama called Nissan..) and he practiced yabusame which is STANDING on a horse (on stirrups..) while riding bloody fast and firing arrows at three successive 10" square targets. He was an extra in many of the old B&W Kurosawa flicks as various mounted samurai. Her dad (his son) was doing the same in 'Kagemusha' which was one of Kurosawas last films made in colour in the 80's. Did you know that Spielberg copied one of his old films which is called 'The Hidden Fortress' in English for the script for the original Star Wars. Also, 'Yojimbo' (or 'Sanjuro'-the sequel-I can't remember which) was copied by Serge Leone for his 'Fistful of Dollars' .
So there... Do you like Takeshi Kitano films too?

CK & AK
13-02-2004, 07:20 PM
:mad: yabusame.......... that was a few years ago. I used to train with a friend of one of my bruv's, and helped him with the riding bit as we have got nags.
I could never complete that final stage spacey, I just kept missing the 2nd or 3rd target each time, but am still pretty adept at it even now. My trainer told me that if the targets had been 16 inches I would have scored 100%
Got some practice in on the pillion of AK's kwak last sunday..... must remember to keep pockets full, when car pulls out......

memo, dont p*s* CK of, when she is pillion.......:eek: :eek: ;)

spacemonkey
13-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Wow! Got my respect... I saw a demo in Hyde Park a coupla years back in the Japanese festival. Very impressive-non of them missed. Of course it's all to do with Zen-release the arrow when the 'other self' feels right.

CK & AK
13-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Being a horse rider 1st, then warrior 2nd, was hard for me when I had to wear Kamakura full costume. Last time I did this for full competition was about 7 years ago (when I was young ......).

Will still occasionally practice when out riding with my daughter, and my real self is free to combine with me.

Mind you - her pony hates it when I ride him on 'practice' tho...

C

Mrs Soup
13-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Isn't it fab the way you never know where a thread is going to lead?

spacemonkey
14-02-2004, 10:50 AM
Amazing what you learn though, I would never have suspected! How on earth did you get into it? I've never heard of anyone doing it here before.

A Yerbury
14-02-2004, 12:53 PM
those bows are beautiful eh? yup I did know about kurosawas influences. Shamefully tho Ive still yet to see "throne of blood"
A friend of mine called sibbs tattoos only trad jap stuff on Caledonian Rd, quite a character and a real mastermind with regard to warfare, history, japanese art, water margin, ronin legends etc Nice shop to while away a bit of spare time.
Alex.