PDA

View Full Version : S4R cat replacement

histomick
03-01-2004, 10:52 AM
Happy New year to everyone!
I have a querry regarding the Spareshack "cat" replacement pipe work. The system consists of two seperate pipes connecting the headers to the cans, without any connection between the two, therefore one pipe is considerably longer than the other. Does anyone know if this lack of exhaust gas mixing will effect engine performance or cause any long term problems?. Does anyone know if there are any gas connections between the two pipes in the Arrow full sysyem? (I have the Arrow slip on's), looking at the images of this system the two pipes are welded together at the foot peg position. The reason I bring this up is because I have seen threads on this subject on other Monster sites where they are questioning this lack of connection between the two pipes. :confused:

superlight3
03-01-2004, 11:10 AM
Hi MIck.

We can now supply a non-cat collector box which is a factory supplied item.

We've yet to dyno an S4R with either the Termignoni kit or with just the replacement collector, so as yet, cannot verify the benefits of removing the cat. We're looking for an S4R that's had its first 6000 mile service and valve clearence check to do this comparison work on.

Hope some of this info helps.

Cheers.

Lee.

histomick
03-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Hi Lee

Thanks for the info. What are the dimensions of this collector box, any pictures and how much does it cost?.

Mick

superlight3
05-01-2004, 04:29 PM
The collector box is the same as the OE item, just without the cat matrix.

Inside is a large perforated drum, and not much else.

The attached piccie shows the box with the lower level Termignoni system.

Cheers.

Lee.

mikef4uk
05-01-2004, 04:49 PM
All the available systems wether Arrow/Sil etc reckon to be ok without any map changes UNLESS you alter the airbox/filter,The cat replacement box I believe to be an American OE Ducati part,-They seem to be rethinking the cat emission thing over there,I heard the cat emissions are more harmfull than none cat emissions-but that is only hearsay,All these systems,and all other Ducati systems wether OE or not use a crossover-must be a reason there somewhere--why not just fit an Arrow full system--complete with E marks for Plod and removeable baffles??

histomick
05-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Hi Mike

That's exactly what I am going to do!

fatbloke
05-01-2004, 06:13 PM
The "Silmoto" system looks the dogs nuts it also has no collector box Stuart (SPARESHACK) (http://www.spareshack.com) as them in stock drop him a line if you would like an UKMOC discounted price 01895 439916
http://fatbloke.xt500.org.uk/s4rsil.jpg

spares geezer
05-01-2004, 07:39 PM
We have had some good reports on the various pipes we offer for the S4R (except the DP options as they aren't even in stock in Italy!) but if anyone is looking to buy one of the set ups from us not only will we offer the usual fabulous discount we'll also pay for the bike to be set up on a dyno with or without a Power Commander although we'll need to charge for a PC and air filter if
supplied. This offer limited to the first couple of bikes to enable us to have various mapping written for the PC's.

We have several S4R systems in stock together with

Cheers
Stuart
www.spareshack.com

spares geezer
06-01-2004, 10:18 PM
together with rear huggers arriving soon I meant to say on the last post!!

fatbloke
07-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Usual cost #975+vat less 10% but doing less 15%
at present or less 20% on the one on display which
has a tiny mark on one can.
http://fatbloke.xt500.org.uk/sil2.jpg

Contact
Stuart

Stuart@spareshack.com
01895 419916