PDA

View Full Version : The Weekender

Zak
08-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Hi All,

I just want to say a big thank you to Char and UkSurfer, for what in my mind was the best weekender to date, although only my 4th, and my first two were back in the early noughties, but I thought it was really well pulled together, fantastic venue, some great raffle prizes and a cracking atmosphere, I can only imagine the work that you both had to put in to make this weekender happen, so a huge well done and thanks!

Now, thats the thanks over, now to my bit (as if it isn't about me, then what is it about!!!!). Seriously thank you to all that voted for my M750, it has been 11 months off pouring my heart and soul into the rebuild, pulling my hair out, opening my wallet, swearing, scraped knuckles, trapped thumbs and cross threaded bolts! They said it couldnt be done two years in a row and thanks to the support and votes from you all, I have managed to achieve it. However, as soon as i won it, several people asked "what are you going to do to make it three years in a row", which has caused me to have some serious head scratching, as I'm more than happy with the engine power output, the frame, engine and bodywork paint and cannot face fitting a turbo.

So, I guess next year it will be a transformation through detail, so my plans at this point are as follows:

1) Remove the wheels and look for a new 'look' for them, quite liked the carbon covering on show at the weekender....

2) Remove standard dash and replace with ultra thin LED alternative, this will also allow me to raise the headlight unit higher.

3) Remove front forks and stanchions, anodise in black, replace springs and oil, coat legs in TIN covering, convert into adjustable forks. (I can get all of this done for £400, far cheaper than Ohlins and a lot less hassle).

4) Replace rear shock, possibly with Hagon alternative.

5) Fit electronic variable control for nitrous, really not sure how to do this one, but thats part of the fun.

6) Fit various rizoma parts, reservoir pots etc.

7) Fit some sexy rear sets, seen a few sets I like, just got to make my mind up.

8) Desperately try and hide some cables, plumbing and pipes.

9) Fit a steering damper

For those that are interested, and many people asked, on the way home I opened up the NOS in fifth, and had an arse like a rabbits nose as the speedo touched *55mph, I only backed off as there was a medium to slow weave beginning to develop, put that down to me hurriedly rebuilding it last weekend, and obviously doing something wrong.........

Anyway, ramble over, again, a cracking day out, great to see new and old faces, really enjoyed it and hope to see you all again soon.

Z.

gary tompkins
08-05-2013, 12:43 PM
As I said on Sunday - well deserved award Zak. I would consider other makes of rear shock like Wilbers, Nitron or Technoflex. Bit more expensive than Hagon but have far better options on set up and adjustment - especially on higher spec remote reservoir versions.

http://wilberssuspension.co.uk/
http://www.nitron.co.uk/
http://www.moto46.co.uk/technoflex-shocks.html

I have a Technoflex (emulsion non-remote) on the rear of my 900 and it's a nice unit

Zak
08-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Thanks Gary, from someone as knowledgeable as yourself I do take that as high praise indeed, very much appreciated.

I will look into the other suspension options you have listed, Im not confirmed on Hagon, I had just read some good stuff on here.

Z.

Rally
08-05-2013, 05:34 PM
For those that are interested, and many people asked, on the way home I opened up the NOS in fifth, and had an arse like a rabbits nose as the speedo touched *55mph, I only backed off as there was a medium to slow weave beginning to develop, put that down to me hurriedly rebuilding it last weekend, and obviously doing something wrong.........
Z.

You mean to say you weren't on the back wheel? It doesn't weave then! Lol

Zak
10-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Rally, theres not a single part of me that thinks you're joking.

You're honestly the only man I know that "rides it like he stole it" on his own bike!! ;)

Albie
10-05-2013, 05:18 PM

You're honestly the only man I know that "rides it like he stole it" on his own bike!! ;)

He did steal it as to why it keeps changing colour.... :biggrin::biggrin:

Rally
10-05-2013, 09:26 PM

You're honestly the only man I know that "rides it like he stole it" on his own bike!! ;) it's the only way to ride mate. Wait till I take up the offer of riding yours! :D
He did steal it as to why it keeps changing colour.... :biggrin::biggrin:
Don't tell everyone, next you will tell everyone it's a cat C.... Lol