PDA

View Full Version : Forum Award Winners

Thuli
06-05-2013, 01:01 PM
On behalf of Nonnie, who stressed that voting was fair and democratic and that no animals were harmed at any stage of the process...

The winners are:

Most Helpful Member
Stafford: As he's raised £500 for the club selling carbon bits & bobs over the last year.

Member who organised the best event of last year
slob: for the Monster 20th Anniversary bikes at the NEC.

Most Inspirational Thread
Albie: for various bike restoration threads.

Unluckiest Member's Post
jonzi: for blinging up the bike, then trashing it.

Best New Member
A close second, and worth a mention, was jonzi who got lots of votes with one person commenting: 'He's ace'.

But he was pipped at the post at the last minute by the comedy spooning duo, sapone cremoso and his sidekick Ed who has today become our newest member, Casey Spooner.

(ps. Dan & Sam, slob and I have your prizes)

Nonnie
06-05-2013, 04:34 PM
My speech, had I been there to give it, would not have consisted of much more.

However I do believe I would have been drinking a gin and tonic.

Was Thuli? Was she? Was she?

jonzi
06-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Oh wow. I wish I had stayed a bit longer now.

I would like to thank my Mum and Dad, Caroline my girlfriend, Slob for all his advice, and every one in UKMOC. You are all ace!

I would not like to thank the muppet that knocked me off and caused me to post the unluckiest members post. Case will probably end up going to court.

uksurfer
06-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Thanks Nonnie for organising this all, it brought a tear to my eye

Stafford
06-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Well I was completely stunned and just about speechless to get an award, TBH it's all down to you guys and others from the Ducati Forum who bought the items.
It was just a pleasure to provide the service to raise funds for the club.
:ukm:

Albie
06-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Well I was completely stunned and just about speechless to get an award, TBH it's all down to you guys and others from the Ducati Forum who bought the items.
It was just a pleasure to provide the service to raise funds for the club.
:ukm:
Same here on mine which was totally unexpected but hey you put a lot of hard work into doing something for no return. Good for you.

Nonnie
06-05-2013, 06:52 PM
I just can't believe she didn't have a gin.

What is the world coming to?

Did Jenny from the block (air ambulance) come this year?

Thuli
06-05-2013, 07:57 PM
I did better than that... I got Alan C to do the presenting as requested.
I most certainly did have a gin. Or several.
Just not at the time the awards were being presented and for that I hang my head in shame.

Jenny from the block didn't show up. We were in a different county though so she may have started a turf war with the Oxfordshire Air Ambulance fundraiser-in-chief if she had.

jonzi... sorry, I did want to say 'no... don't go home yet, stay, enjoy our scintillating company a little longer' but feared I couldn't without giving the game up.

sapone cremoso
08-05-2013, 03:47 PM
WOW an award already :eyepopping: I'd like to thank everybody on behalf of little spoon and I, whom i'm not sure can use this forum yet (I barely can). We could not have achieved this monumental honour without all your help :ukm:. Especially the other dancing queens of the night, the organisers, ride out captains & absolutely everybody who turned up & made it such a fantastic weekend. In the words of little spoon; 'what do you mean i'm best new member? What a weekend though, one of the best weekends of the year'. I think he really is the best member in the world :heart:. Oh and i'd also like to thank spooning :banana:

steeevvvooo
08-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Have to admit that the Sam/Ed combo made it a memorable weekend for me. Maybe as I have images burnt into my head that I shouldn't have, but most likely because of the tears of laughter from Friday nights dinner. :D

What a great weekend. What a great bunch of people.