PDA

View Full Version : A huge thank you

Albie
06-05-2013, 09:45 AM
I want to say a huge thank you to Char and Martin especially for the weekender and all the other contributors for a fantastic weekend. It was great and coupled with the good weather and the different venue it made it something of an event. The band was also something else that imho brought it all together and a much relaxed weekend.
Can I also thank those kind people who voted for me on that inspirational thread and I say with hand on heart I never expected to win anything as I have kind of gone into a lull over the last year or 2 due to always feeling unwell pretty much every morning. I was so involved in wishing everyone well done and completely at ease for congratulating worthy winners that it came as a shock but it was gladly received and means a huge amount.
I have to say that my life has changed and not necessarily the way I want it as I just wish I could get on my bike and ride whenever I wish but it doesn't work that way anymore. I used to ride up to 500 miles a weekend when I first joined but now I suffer but still haven't a cure but I am trying to overcome it and trying to stop the anxiety that comes along for the ride too. I am lucky to have understanding partner and friends who continue to care and ask about me but inside I am very distressed if I am honest. I decided to get a trailer to possibly help me to some degree and this weekend was the first time ever for a tow. This in itself can cause stress but I was ok as firstly it was evening and not morning. The fact that in a car could and should be calm an cool and relaxing helped and I just poodled up there with my bike leering in the window. After the annoyance of the indicators malfunctioning we got there just a little late for dinner but very relaxed for a change.
I have to admit it was also the same on the way home and we left sunday night at 8 and got home safely with hardly any traffic at 10.30.
I wont be trailering everywhere but it gives options and also for taking on a holiday too and for my other older bikes its mainly for.
I did seem to get some kind of coping mechanism on the rideouts just about on both days but it was hard for me but I did prewarn those that I may turn back but thankfully I coped albeit probably I was a pain in the ar5e to follow as I was the only pillion too but Justin chose some nice roads for the 60 mile route.
So glad we went and so glad it was a success and a very good attendance and to those that never made it , you missed out.
Albie and Caroline

MrsC_772
06-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Albie,

Glad you and Caroline enjoyed the Weekender, and were able to get out and ride this time. Sounds like the trailer might be a good solution.

You were not a pain in the arse to follow - no need to apologise! As everyone knows I'm not the quickest of riders, so whether or not you had a pillion or were feeling less than 100%, I'd have still been following you and bringing up the rear! What matters was that we all enjoyed the rides out.

Not all of us have your patience and persistence, hence the widespread admiration for your restoration projects and the well deserved prize. No need to be so modest.

Remember, even if you don't feel up to riding so much these days, you're still one of us, one of UKMOC, and have lots of friends here.