PDA

View Full Version : How not to ride a monster

dam
02-05-2013, 06:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dNFaAqS2f18

Silly sod.....

Not really a Monster but hey! (didn't have me glasses on)

Bonzo
02-05-2013, 07:01 PM
It wasnt a Monster, but yeah, silly sod!

Black Bob
02-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Christ on a ****ing bike! The way that cyclist lands on his head and then folds almost in half, it's a miracle he ever got up.

What a rubbish piece of riding. I notice he kept his helmet on to either save his embarrassment or his head from a good kicking.

I can't make out why he decided to plough into the back of those guys... absolutely nothing coming the other way and the bend was opening up, ffs. Classic bit of target fixation, no? He could have gone either side of them.

That bit of road seems to attract loads of people who can't ride motorbikes... and voyeurs just waiting for some carnage to unfold.

Apart from that, I'm lost for words - :D

Pomp1
02-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Target fixation. What a cnut. That cyclist landed on his neck and folded like a pretzel, which reminds me of another video :D

jamiedan2009
02-05-2013, 08:09 PM
After seeing many vids of motorcyclists fracking up on Mulholland Drive, i believe there's a weird offset camber thing going on there!

Pomp1
02-05-2013, 09:09 PM
After seeing many vids of motorcyclists fracking up on Mulholland Drive, i believe there's a weird offset camber thing going on there!

Or is that unknown American enemy called "the bend"?

jonzi
02-05-2013, 11:13 PM
I wonder how many court cases the camera man goes to.

Every crash I see of that corner on youtube is fimed by the same dude.

His time is surely spent 50/50 between that corner and the court room

urbanfireblade
06-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Target fixation, apparently his foot touched ground, well so did mine last weekend as well (as the peg) on my Fazer in a right hander at 40mph-ish and i can tell you i had NO reaction to it bar the realisation of it happening, same as the guy in the video, i was already at max lean and almost thru the bend so the fact 'apparently' his boot touched ground means nothing as he is already past the apex and its opening up.
Either way, i'm just glad the cyclist is ok, a very rookie motorbike rider???

Nickj
06-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Do you reckon that 2+ patrol cars, 1 or is it 2 ambulances and two fire department vehicles is a little bit of overkill?
Maybe it was a quiet day.

The hills a bit steeper than it looks and there's an off camber. Obviously it's really easy to under do a corner there ....

Corners, get in shove the bike down ... job done

Dirty
07-05-2013, 01:07 AM
My favourite bit is at 0:48 :eyepopping:

Glad everyone was ok.

I have no love for pedal cyclism but don't wish them harm, just exile to the perfect fascist world so many of them seem to arrogantly desire in their stupid lycra suits. :fiery: