PDA

View Full Version : Fatduc

daz4004
28-04-2013, 06:23 PM
After fitting a fat duc in winter to my s2r1000 and now done a few hundred miles its transformed in town ride beyond beleave. If any body intrested in improvement to in town riding this is the best 60 pounds you can spend,they don't improve power bhp but will smooth low revs but dose take some time to set up as you adjust the screw then have a good ride as they seam to take an average, I'm guessing this as you don't seam to fell the Change straight away.

Dookbob
28-04-2013, 06:33 PM
What is a fat Duc.

slob
28-04-2013, 06:54 PM
It's a clever little gizmo that allows the lambda sensor to lie to the ECU on some late model injected bikes
http://www.fatduc.com/

smudgerii
28-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Or you could buy the British alternative.... And it is cheaper

Google Motocorasaro o2 optimiser

daz4004
28-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Spot on slob I changed my exhaust can witch made engine run lean, s2r run lean anyway due to eu3 exhaust but with a fat duc manipulator you can adjust the setting to lie to lambda sensor,this riches the fuel and stops the hunting and poss stalling at low revs.

Dookbob
28-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Sounds and looks like a neat little device.

utopia
28-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Makes me happy to have carbs......and a mild mannered 750 motor.
Until the winter comes, that is. :rolleyes:

Scott1
29-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Thanks for this, I was looking at a Fat Duc for the GT, the alterative given here looks good, decent price from what I can see as well.

smudgerii
29-04-2013, 06:51 PM
There is a very good write up on the Aprilia af1 forum in the shiver section.

simon_g
29-04-2013, 07:52 PM
I've had a fatduc one on mine for a while now - very happy with it. It pulls quite happily even from 2000rpm and feels way more flexible as a result.

The FI monsters are set up to run very lean at low (<4000) rpm and with smaller throttle openings - they read the oxygen sensor and make it as lean as possible to get through emissions regulations. The people who rave about the full termi kits that include the ECU always say how much it smooths out how they run - it's partly because the "race" ECUs don't do any of that stuff.

The manipulator just adjusts the O2 reading so the bike thinks it's running leaner than it is - so it gives more fuel to compensate, and the bike runs much better. Bigger throttle openings or higher rpm, it ignores the O2 sensor anyway and just uses the regular ECU map.

matthuds
15-05-2013, 10:05 PM
... and stops the hunting and poss stalling at low revs.

Ive been having a bit of trouble with stalling at low revs, and sloppy tick over. Will have to have a look into these.

slob
15-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Ive been having a bit of trouble with stalling at low revs, and sloppy tick over. Will have to have a look into these.

When were your shims last checked? Not sure about the later ones but early 620s don't have lambda sensors.

matthuds
16-05-2013, 08:32 AM
When were your shims last checked? Not sure about the later ones but early 620s don't have lambda sensors.

Had a full service last year at a Ducati dealer so I guess then. runs fine on a cold engine but crappy when its warmed through.

I read somewhere that the temperature sensor in the top of the front cylinder can be a bit flaky so i might get one of those on order

slob
16-05-2013, 09:12 AM
If you've been riding it through the winter and the sensor is covered in 'mayonaise' it may be skewing the readings a bit

daz4004
21-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Just a little up date now I have had the fat duc on my bike for a few months now.runns very well a lot smother now at low revs no stalling at all very very happy and no engine management light on ether as this can happen with a fat duc.