PDA

View Full Version : The World 1 Wildfire 0

Wildfire
23-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Ok, so it hasn't been a good day.

Hayfever was awful this morning.

Found out that I seem to have left a tissue in my black clothes wash.

Went to work on the Monster forgot to get the exhaust springs, had to go back 5 miles to the shop.

The bike refused to start. Neutral Light was really dim, the light relay sounded like an epileptic bee.

Got a new relay.

No change.

Dropped the tank on my arm.

Eventually got the bike started. Same issue, would not rev past about 5% throttle.

Checked the breathers, all fine.

Decided to strip the carbs and fuel system.

Dropped the tank on my arm again. Took tank off.

Turns out that the "mechanic" who owned the bike 2 owners ago was a bit of a bodger. Found many stripped thread and seized nuts.

Got the carbs off to find no blockages or anything. But idle mixtures screws had little rubber cabs that were full of white powder. Totally seized.

Found that the throttle has not been put on properly.

Found that my rearsets do not fit without spacers and I don't have the right bolts.

Found out that the standard pegs half fit.

Carb float chamber lids are seized.

Bike is in many, many pieces.

Went to start the car for it's Thursday MOT. Battery is dead.

And..... breathe.

The commuter Monster is still running as is the ZX6-R. (So far).

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/WildfireS3/IMG_1757_zps1bb3c2e8.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/WildfireS3/media/IMG_1757_zps1bb3c2e8.jpg.html)

LVC
23-04-2013, 08:12 PM
The only way is up :mand:

Nickj
23-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Sounds like the lyrics from one of those 'woke up this morning my dog was dead' blues tunes.

But looking on the bright side the sun was in the sky and the roads were dry, there's going to be more too.
Oh and it's the official start of the asparagus season, good news if you like asparagus.

J.P
24-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Man, sounds like you've had a tough one.
Have a cup of tea.

Dookbob
24-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Whoever designed those Mikuni idle screws should have a bag full of them stuffed right up his you know what.

He11cat
24-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Sounds like me most mornings!
NEVER say the other things are running fine!!
because they will break!!

Dookbob your spot on...
the other week the car and 2 bikes failed !