PDA

View Full Version : Out and about...

Blah blah
20-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Yep, it does actually move :D and today the sun was shining and I had a pass from the wife so I flirted to Land's End and back

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f142/AKJRAY/Photo0605_zps4731f775.jpg

It is an absolute errr Monster, destroying corners and wearing my boots away, passing cars in the blink of an eye and getting ever so light at the front when I was a bit heavy with the throttle. It has way more seat-of-the-pants oomph than my old 750 ever had but, something's missing. I don't know if perhaps it's too serious :scratch: and I have actually caught myself thinking about selling it...

Still, the mirrors are surprising great, they didn't move at all and are vibration free.

Matt FT
20-04-2013, 04:49 PM
what mirrors are they? I'm looking to replace my stock ones which keep moving in the breeze...

Blah blah
20-04-2013, 06:37 PM
what mirrors are they? I'm looking to replace my stock ones which keep moving in the breeze...

from here...http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=46589

utopia
20-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Perfect timing to get it on the road.
M900 to lands end on a sunny day.....I bet that earlier redundancy doesn't look so bad now, eh ?
Nice one.

...... and wearing my boots away.........

I possibly shouldn't mention it, but there's a nice set of cyclecat rearsets on ebay just now, which would fit with your hi-level cans (or low levels).
£250 asked but no bids yet.
My 750 feels much better with rearsets, and std (ish) bars.

Interesting that you kinda miss the 750 (maybe), but I guess its early days yet.

Blah blah
21-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Interesting that you kinda miss the 750 (maybe), but I guess its early days yet.

yeah, it is... but I'd spent a while sorting the 750 out (dynojet, filters, suspension, tyres, brakes and lots of new carbon bits) and it was how I wanted it and I knew how far I could push it before it started to get upset. It was also my first Monster :hail:.

However the 900 was like this when I got it, I've had a few 'issues' with it :thumbsdown: (not sure if the fuel sender still works so it may have to be replaced anyway). I've also had the back step out without any warning, which was a bit worrying... I was quite a way over at the time and did give it quite a bit of throttle :D but I didn't feel it going, it just went, so it'll probably need a set of tyres, and the suspension sorting. And if I'm doing that then I could drop a few other bits off at the same time and paint the frame, the tank....

I had seen the rearsets but there are more important things at the moment that I want to do with it first, namely some miles (and the cans) !