PDA

View Full Version : Any interested parties?

Phoenix
31-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Ok so we have a new year upon us and some riding to do.

Are there any peeps interested in organised events or rideouts for this area then ?

I tried organising a few things last year and attendance was patchy.

Depending on wishes expressed here I may suggest that we scrap this area and combine it with Glos Monsters who seem more active.

Your thoughts?

CK & AK
31-12-2003, 11:43 AM
Phoenix - that would be such a shame to think about amalgamating - you have such great roads round you (as we all found out at the Monster weekend in May - I think we ALL loved that winding hill :D:D:D).

Perhaps Terry could let you know if there are any new members in your region?
We have a 'hardcore' of about 5 or 6 people in Surrey - as probably does JMo in Sussex - sometimes we have more - sometimes less, for the rideouts.
Would it be worth waiting till the better weather arrives, to see if more would come out to play?
Hope things pick up for you,
All the best - and a happy new year to you & Nigel.
Luv
C:burnout: :)

JR
31-12-2003, 01:44 PM
I agree with CK - multi region runs are the way to go. I joined the Glos group early last year going on most of the ride outs. Quite a few have been just a couple of members led by Duncan (Red Bull Leader). Next year I will be looking to join other regions runs if nothing is going on in my own area, as I am free most weekends.

Regards

JR

MikeBurns
31-12-2003, 01:52 PM
I'm moving to Evesham in a couple of weeks so will be up for some ride outs.

Phoenix
31-12-2003, 03:40 PM
Ok good start here. :)

kriss
31-12-2003, 03:50 PM
hi p, yes to ride-outs, i know i only saw you once this year but what with my wife going to ausie and me having to babysit things just didnt come together. there are enough monsters around worcs its getting them out to play. maybe posting rides a bit earlier (no not critisising you) then i for one can sort babysitter out for my little one. keep worcs worcs, its up to you, hope to see more of you this year, kriss.

Duncan
31-12-2003, 06:10 PM
Lin

If theres any way we can help in the glos area then we will. We arent really a big enough area so organise a few events and cross over into other areas to attend their events too.

Perhaps we can coordinate a few events to ride into the same place. The evening runs have also been good for us as loads of people can spare an evening but not necessarily a whole day on a weekend. Just a thought.

D

CK & AK
31-12-2003, 06:14 PM
And dont forget - quite a few of us (26 definates so far....) are coming for a 'Worcs' rideout (or several) over the 1st weekend in May.:D :D :bunny:

C

Phoenix
01-01-2004, 09:55 AM
We shall see how it goes then. It's a bit early now but check back now and then and i'll post a few outings according to the weather etc.
Inter area rides would be good yes and i'll give the evening runs a try too Duncan. These may be a good idea as my weekends are restricted this year as Nige is off racing :)
Let us know when you move over Evesham Mike ;)

crust
01-01-2004, 07:18 PM
patchy :confused:

I thought his name was 'Ade'

:) Crust

kriss
02-01-2004, 08:37 AM
think p means apatchy as in red indian, happy new year to all bikers everywhere in the world.

Duncan
02-01-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by kriss
think p means apatchy as in red indian, happy new year to all bikers everywhere in the world.

Think apathy is more like it. If people dont get out and support their local area rep this is what happens.

Apathy rules?? um not sure really

kriss
02-01-2004, 11:49 AM
whatever, dosnt really matter what you do or dont do in some members eyes it aint right, they think their god and some of us can never do right. now who will be the first to answeer this ? could it be god himself ? i reckon it will be.

Duncan
02-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Kriss

My missus reckons God's a woman!!

Fact is Lin is in this situation because the members in her area do diddley squat, nowt, nothing and apathy rules. Course the Worcester area could get off their lazy arses and support their area rep.Its no good moaning that nowt goes on in your area if you dont support the one person who has worked harder than most. You get out of a club in proportion to what you put in, you can work the rest out for yerself.

grunter
02-01-2004, 12:01 PM
well if you check the membership he is a member

kriss
02-01-2004, 12:15 PM
hi dunc and grunter, if god was a member everyone would ride a monster, thats for you grunt. dunc, ive never moaned about about lin or anyone else doing anything in my area or other. ive been riding bikes of all shapes and sizes for 36 years for most of that ive rode on my own and yes ive enjoyed it. if lin puts a post out for a ride-out then ill do my best to get there, if i cant then its something mighty important why i cant make it. i know lin works hard in this area but i cant sort out other members lives for them nor can lin. id love every week if loads of us in worcestershire could get together for a rideout but you get in touch with some of them to see if they want to take part and you dont even get an answer and yes i have tried myself to get rides going so i do know how lin feels. if lin needs help with anything in this area and i can help then i will she only has to contact me, the rst is up to the other members in this area to do as you said, get of their arses a do some riding (together) have a nice day dunc.

Duncan
02-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Well, thats Kriss definitely in for a few ride outs next year. How many more can we smoke out in Wusster

Bunny
02-01-2004, 07:20 PM
:) Some of us will be sneaking across the border(s) to support anyone riding monsters anywhere :D
let us know where and when ;)

Duncan
02-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Lin

You thought about advertising in the UKMOC personals.

Leggy blonde in Evesham area, likes to get her leg over often and straddle a Monster, enjoys riding in groups, seeks partners of either sex to add enjoyment to her weekends.

That should do it!!

NattyBoy
02-01-2004, 08:28 PM
As per last year...well up for group rideouts and if we can amalgamate (thats a big word after a curry and 5 cans - probs spelt it wrong though !!) with phoenix's lot then all good & well !!!

Grunter - whats this then ?? New Years resolution to post more than once a month ???

:D :D

Nat

grunter
02-01-2004, 08:59 PM
been layed up with op so had 4 weeks at home
finish bike other than slim line rad 916 in running and charging
buell (tractor) nose fairing on bike
but dont like posting for the heck of it
:cool:
am going to try and make some multi meets bring on the summer:D :D :burnout:

Phoenix
04-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Duncan
Lin

You thought about advertising in the UKMOC personals.

Leggy blonde in Evesham area, likes to get her leg over often and straddle a Monster, enjoys riding in groups, seeks partners of either sex to add enjoyment to her weekends.

That should do it!!

:lol:

Yeah but where do I find a leggy Blonde ?:confused:

Phoenix
04-01-2004, 06:08 PM
And....we got a personals ? Didn't know that !!!

BoozyBOB
05-01-2004, 12:05 AM
dont give up lin..
when i joined this club my first outing..(oo eerr)..was to join you...i met Duncan and Bunny..and some 'quick' roads... and i have enjoyed other outings in your area..
wait till the good weather..now the club is bigger i am sure you will get a better response to your ride outs

Phoenix
05-01-2004, 12:11 AM
:D Awww

Ade
06-01-2004, 10:37 AM
Aye an wit aboot the the "Skye" run ye sorted last year?
1969 miles in 6 days! ya beauty
It was mainly monsters so would that not be called a successfull monster run. Me an Crust will be back over for some more in the next few months.
(Crust would of answered this for himself but hes busy chasing "inits", of his drive).
Patchey Ade

Phoenix
06-01-2004, 01:06 PM
All booked again for 24th July 2004. You coming ? :D

Mrs Soup
06-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Phoenix

Don't forget the welsh contingent, most of your runs last year seemed to head into God's Country and I'm sure we could arrange to meet up.

Just try to give us a little notice, it takes us hill folks a while to get organised!!!!

Looking forward to meeting up......

Phoenix
06-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Will do Mrs S :)

In fact we're off to Llyn Brianne this weekend ;)

Ade
06-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Oh P how can I refuse such well put grammer, but my bitch wants my body in Perpignon around about then, and being such a sex slave who am I to refuse a promise. GGGrrrrrrrr.
If I can make it i would love to go again, even if it meant sleeping on the settee, (as far away from thunder throat as possible, you know who we mean pie man!)
If you have space nearer the time let me know.
Is the same crew going as last time.

Hope you got blootered at Crimmo an N Yr

Phoenix
06-01-2004, 04:42 PM
So far Ade tis Nige myself Graeme and his wife Pearl. I can't wait :D and subject to Niges racing schedule I'd like to spend a further week touring as far north as we can go but we shall wait and see on that one.
You ? Sex Slave......???? Whoohooo :D