PDA

View Full Version : Tax Disc serial help

Funkatronic
16-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Hi All

i seem to have mislaid my tax disc for my 800 (or its been nicked not sure) and i urgently need the serial number from it to transfer my private plate and I cant wait for DVLA to send me a replacement disc

i still have the original counterfoil (the pice of paper with my postal address, transaction date etc the tax disc was cut out from),

can someone who still has both tax disc and counterfoil to hand tell me if any of the numbers printed on the bottom right of the counterfoil are the same as the serial number on the top of the disc itself. the number i the extreme bottom right looks like its the correct length

thanks

ali

MrsC_772
16-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Ali,

I too kept the counterfoil for my current tax disc. The 7 digits in the very bottom right hand corner of the counterfoil do appear on the top of the tax disc itself (sandwiched between 2 other random digits and 1 other random digit).

I couldn't see on the front of the tax disc itself the 10 digits followed by a forward slash followed by 4 digits and another forward slash which are on the bottom right corner of the counterfoil before the last 7 digits.

Hope that makes sense/helps

Funkatronic
16-04-2013, 07:10 PM
brilliant many thanks for that

are the random check digits either side of the 7 digit number on the counterfoil too? i have 0903 printer in the c/foil towards the top left of the disc cutout. do these tally at all with whats on the disc itself?

are the first 2 digits the expiry month or is that just a coincidence?

MrsC_772
16-04-2013, 07:26 PM
The random check digits are not either side of the 7 digit number on the counterfoil.

My tax disc expires at the end of August.

The first 2 digits before the 7 digit number on the tax disc are indeed 08.

The digit after the 7 digit number on my tax disc is 3.

These are not the same as the 4 digits which appear to the top left of where the disc was cut out of the counterfoil (0903).

Funkatronic
16-04-2013, 08:00 PM
brill thanks, looking at my other bikes and the pics of tax discs online the first 2 digits are indeed the expiry month

i will just leave off the final digit and hope for the best :-)