PDA

View Full Version : Week old M1100 - never seen rain

Black Bob
06-04-2013, 10:34 PM
You can just imagine the fizzing sound, can't you?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1332234/neverseenrain.jpg

The shop said they'd never seen one come in for its first service in this state. :D

Thankfully it is all spotless again and will remain that way for, ooh, at least a week. :look:

scrapps
07-04-2013, 06:52 AM
I like the used look. To many Ducati's sit in garages not being used.

Grumpy
07-04-2013, 08:16 AM
Was the bike shouting ...'i'm melting!' :D

gary tompkins
07-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Hope they manage to wash all the salt off

simontt
07-04-2013, 08:07 PM
It'll only take a day's commute to get to that state if it rains.

I've given up cleaning it as it's just not practical, and so far the bike was cleaned twice in 1 year (both during dealers visit), afterall it's my trusty workhorse / seaon ticket......

Blah blah
08-04-2013, 05:11 PM
I like the used look. To many Ducati's sit in garages being fixed

EFT, if mine's anything to go by...:spin:

He11cat
09-04-2013, 01:01 AM
ACF 50 the bike ... Seriously .
Oh wipe it on with a rag unlike stoopid here who gave it a good squirt and it went everywhere and puddled underneth .

Dookbob
09-04-2013, 03:32 AM
I did the same thing too, but you would expect an aerosol to spray and not squirt, unless that is we are both plain stupid.

Black Bob
09-04-2013, 12:39 PM

Is that just in winter when there's salt, or should it go on generally? i.e. Is it worth putting on to protect against typical English rainy summer ?

Ta.

J.P
09-04-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry, we can no longer have you as a UKMOC member if you're going to treat your bike like that.
Clean it immediately !! :)

crust
09-04-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm sorry, we can no longer have you as a UKMOC member if you're going to treat your bike like that.
Clean it immediately !! :)

Oi, new boy, shhh.

He's carrying on a fine and long standing tradition within the UKMOC community of filthy bikes as perfected by our absentee chum Ade, now residing in the land of upside down and bad lager.

Fine work there Young Bob, stick at it, a credit to the club.

BigOz
10-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Oh wipe it on with a rag unlike stoopid here who gave it a good squirt and it went everywhere and puddled underneth .

Been there and did exactly the same but I had an idea a few months ago, grab a basic cheap model making airbrush mine is made by Revell it's bloody useless for detail work when I used to make models but perfect for spraying ACF 50 especially as it can be powered by an aerosol propellant can so perfect for use in my lockup.

utopia
10-04-2013, 01:04 PM
I haven't tried it yet, but I have some FS365 (made by scottoiler) which looks like a cleaner version of AC50.
Its puts an invisible, slippery coating, which looks/feels like it'll repel dirt rather than attract it.
And its claimed to neutralise salt, washes off with water, and comes in a flit gun for direct application.

There's loads of salt on the roads round here.
Enough to cause wheels to break away if you stray off the line cleaned by the cars.
Had a "moment" yesterday just trundling around a right turn at traffic lights.
The rain's a-comin' though.