PDA

View Full Version : Hello.. Newbie from Mid-Wales

TonyF
03-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Hi all

Just joined the forum on advice from Albie... I have a 53/2004 S4R in the fastest colour (Red), just put a Venturer luggage system on it for my pilgrimage to the NW200. Other than the luggage, it's standard with the exception of bar-end mirrors.

Bikes on 33k mile, going in for a service to Ducati Wolverhampton, told I need the shims doing as have no proof that its been previously done. (Any advice given gratefully received as to whether this is required or whether I should look at other options)
Love the bike, had speed triples etc in the past and much prefer this.

Other current bikes are a Puch MS50D and im just trying to do a deal on a rare 2 speed Puch Maxi that I'll restore in Winter. Don't ask!

Tony

Darkness
04-04-2013, 05:50 AM
Hi Tony. Nice place Newtown with plenty of great roads around it to have fun on a Monster.

All it needs is a Bypass to sort out the traffic jams!!!

Rally
04-04-2013, 06:28 AM
Welcome to the forum Tony from another moped owner!

We are looking at doing a trip in your direction in the Summer (when it arrives) so keep your eyes peeled and ears open. :D

singletrack
04-04-2013, 06:34 AM
Hi Tony
And welcome to :ukm:

chris_s2r
04-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Welcome aboard Tony :)

Albie
04-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Hi all

Just joined the forum on advice from Albie... I have a 53/2004 S4R in the fastest colour (Red), just put a Venturer luggage system on it for my pilgrimage to the NW200. Other than the luggage, it's standard with the exception of bar-end mirrors.

Bikes on 33k mile, going in for a service to Ducati Wolverhampton, told I need the shims doing as have no proof that its been previously done. (Any advice given gratefully received as to whether this is required or whether I should look at other options)
Love the bike, had speed triples etc in the past and much prefer this.

Other current bikes are a Puch MS50D and im just trying to do a deal on a rare 2 speed Puch Maxi that I'll restore in Winter. Don't ask!

Tony

Hi Tony. Good to see you here. I find the S4rs to Puch Maxi amazing. I have to admit when I now ride my 1100s it now scares me the power delivery after riding my Yamaha TT500 single which is not slow by any margin. There are a few peeps on here like the alternative restoration collectable stories but be prepared for some banter of sloped kind. The way I look at is the mopeds worth money and no depreciation.

Enjoy the site and hope to hook up maybe over the year.

TonyF
04-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Thanks all, bypass has been approved so it means even the charity shops in Newtown will also go out of business! Great place to live and good roads but shambolic town centre..

Anyone passing through, always open for a cuppa!

TonyF
04-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Albie.. Always up for banter. Just did a charity run on the might Puch and im riding the Monster in nothing but a Mankini in May for charity so bring it on... There's 64 of us in total in man/femkinis.... I hope it's warm and I hope my chosen pillion is a bird! LOL.

Albie
04-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Albie.. Always up for banter. Just did a charity run on the might Puch and im riding the Monster in nothing but a Mankini in May for charity so bring it on... There's 64 of us in total in man/femkinis.... I hope it's warm and I hope my chosen pillion is a bird! LOL.

Blimey !!!! I got scorned for removing my shirt in Belgium Haha ;):D

TonyF
04-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Lol Albie, yes a trip from Machynlleth to Mochdre (by Newtown).... Couple of trikes, rest on bikes in aid of Macmillan Cancer....40 miles in the height of Welsh summer (May) in nowt but a mankini, gloves, boots and a helmet. Not one of my brightest ideas!

Darkness
04-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Lol Albie, yes a trip from Machynlleth to Mochdre (by Newtown).... Couple of trikes, rest on bikes in aid of Macmillan Cancer....40 miles in the height of Welsh summer (May) in nowt but a mankini, gloves, boots and a helmet. Not one of my brightest ideas!

It has to have stopped snowing by then, hasn't it..............:spin::spin:

Grumpy
04-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Hi Tony, welcome on board.
I'm off to the NW200 as well!
I was thinking of meeting up with some of the Irish lads whilst there, fancy joining in?

TonyF
04-04-2013, 05:56 PM
@darkness - yes, we should be upto at least 5 degrees by then...

@grumpy, yes sounds like a plan. I'm over from the Wednesday until the Sunday. Over from Holyhead to Dublin then a drive up... Whereabouts are you staying?

Grumpy
04-04-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm over wed to sun, travelling into Belfast and out of Dublin.
I have booked a self catering cottage near Ballycastle.

Where you staying?

TonyF
04-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Port Rush on Wednesday and Thursday followed by a brill b&b on Friday and Saturday by ballymena.

Albie
04-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Port Rush on Wednesday and Thursday followed by a brill b&b on Friday and Saturday by ballymena.

Hope you hook up with Grumpy. He is good for a laugh Tony. Grumpy is not his nature.