PDA

View Full Version : How much for an old horse?

Qba
02-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm thinking about betraying my S2R 800 and swapping her for something newer, possibly Multi :shocked:
Ideally would keep her, but no can do.

Im her second owner.

She is a bit on a molested side from the cosmetic point of view, but don't judge the book by its cover. All services during my ownership done by Rosso Corse. 32000 on the clock. I was using her for commuting, fun, touring and she never failed. One low speed off three years ago - cosmetic damage, all fixed and replaced from insurance claim.

Few extras like carbon bits, Speedymoto crash pads, Oberon mirrors, Nitron rear suspension, DP gel seat, rizoma indicators, Quat D Ex Box from S2R 1000 with few adjustment fitted by Rosso could be kept, depends on how strong your feeling towards her would be ;)

Original parts would be available on request.

I'm attached to her, but please show no mercy when giving an estimate value and be as realistic as possible.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Few pics of her here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/qbad/
(add to it last winter of commuting)

Cheers

Petej
02-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Nice looking bike, I bought 2005 in black/orange in October have spent 6 months bringing her back the guy was off back to the USA and was desperate for a quick sale after a time waster. Mines done 15k but I paid well under what it was worth.

£2500-3000k I would say yours is worth.

Pete

Qba
02-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Cheers for that. To be honest that's more than I expected.

Zimbo
02-04-2013, 06:22 PM
£2500 is probably realistic, some pretty mint S2R800s have struggled to sell at £3K in the last year, even with extras fitted. Might be worth selling the seat and shock separately?

Blah blah
02-04-2013, 06:37 PM
That's lovely (even with the miles) do you wanna swap for an old 900???

Qba
02-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Thanks :) sorry, I'm sadly moving from monsters. I'll most likely try to get something more practical, ideally as mentioned above Multistrada. I do sympathise and feel sorry for my misses on the longer journeys especially with chopped tail when wet. She was very good with me and my affection to Monster for the last 3 years (we did together Alps, Poland, etc.). Now it's time for me to pay back. I owe her some comfort :)

Black Bob
02-04-2013, 07:25 PM
I knew this would happen.

A week ago I might have bitten your hand off at the wrist - that looks awesome.

Qba
11-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Sorry for late reply. You've changed your avatar… and your bike :) Congrats!
Great choice.

I think my two wheels wouldn't be enough to fulfil your need for speed mate, but thank you :)

Funny that. Today I called few dealers. One wasn't interested at all because of the high millage of my bike, the other one offered £500 :mand:
I know its not new but that actually made me laugh out loud. Thanks but no thanks :)

utopia
12-04-2013, 12:27 AM
You know, ...and I do say this a lot really, but this time in particular, ..... what with the highish mileage holding the price down, .....and it being such a fine example, ......that looks like a keeper to me.

New multi, or old type ? The price difference would be significant. ...ie, re. the above.
I know two bikes seems expensive where one will suffice, but two cheaper/older ones probably depreciate less than one newer one would.
An older GS BMW perhaps ? ....ie a more dedicated tourer, even more comfy.
And the monster for sundays.

Sorry for that. Couldn't help myself.

To my mind, but somewhat instinctively, £2500 would be a steal.

Geoff Ives
12-04-2013, 09:32 AM
For a real tourer you can get a ST2 for peanuts. Then keep the Monster..:D

Qba
12-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Lol :) temptations, temptations... I was thinking about new Grandtourismo.
I know nothing will beat beautiful simplicity of a Monster, but I'm still very tempted to give Multistrada a go.