PDA

View Full Version : I'm back, with another Monster

Phatty
28-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Had an S4 for about 5 years now and been on the forum since purchase.

Had a bit of a sabbatical from it for a few months but need to come back to advertise the S4 plus the many parts I have bought over the years.

Just wanted to let you know I'm staying with the fold and have bought an S4RS :-)

It's always been my dream bike and I've been looking on and off for years and now the dream has come true.

Cannot wait to pick it up next week!

bigredduke
28-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Good to have something to look forward to. Bring it across to East Yorkshire when the weather improves. The kettle will be on!

damien666
28-03-2013, 03:12 PM
living the dream.... nice one. :thumbsup:

J.P
28-03-2013, 03:26 PM
You'll love it.
There are plenty of current, or past owners (like me) around to offer advice if you need it.
like a 14 tooth front sprocket & ECU remapping.

It'll be bright and warm by next week !

mintyhit
28-03-2013, 03:29 PM
A very good choice indeed, any pictures? :)

mintyhit
28-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Oh and the 50mm full Termignoni system is a must, steal one if you have to.

I can also help you with re-flashing the ECU to dp spec if you need it. :)

Phatty
28-03-2013, 03:40 PM
I don't get it until next Friday.

It's white with a red frame and white wheels. Only mods are red samco hoses. Not really a fan of the pearl white nor the plastic late model tanks so I might keep the Senna grey bodywork for it of the S4.

Standard cans I'm afraid :-( not a fan of those, going to miss my high level Termis and open airbox massively. Looking at exhaust options now. I'm not a fan of the shotgun style, is there anythnig under seat available? that hideous collector box cat thing has to be ditched.

Phatty
28-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Good to have something to look forward to. Bring it across to East Yorkshire when the weather improves. The kettle will be on!

cheers

:spin:

J.P
28-03-2013, 04:13 PM
I had a set of Zard exhausts on mine, hi-level either side of the seat.
If you take the CAT off you'll need link pipes and then whatever exhaust system you choose.
Opening the airbox makes your ears bleed :)

And if you go the ECU remapping route, you can do it on the standard chip, you don't need the DP one.

damien666
28-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Have a look at the quat-d exbox exhaust. Would be my choice if i got rid of the 50mm termi's.

bex
28-03-2013, 04:37 PM
It'll be bright and warm by next week !

I'm coming after you if this isn't true mister.

Black Bob
28-03-2013, 05:32 PM
You'll love it.
There are plenty of current, or past owners (like me) around to offer advice if you need it.
like a 14 tooth front sprocket & ECU remapping. !

I'm dying to know JP - you speak very highly of the S4R, so what made you let it go? Is the EVO *that* good?

Cheers,

'Bob'

(still waiting for demo ride)

Nickj
28-03-2013, 06:26 PM
I'm coming after you if this isn't true mister.

He's being hopelessly optimistic :(

Still with a bit of luck the snow up north will be getting patchier by next week so you can get some miles in Phatty. If it's anything like here the dry air has left the roads bone dry, the colds not so good been about -3 here every morning this week but my monsters loving it. My fingers aren't!

Bob the S4R is one of the definitive street hooligan toys of this world, now when you get to JPs age you tend to go more for performance 'pipe and slippers' and so the evo hehehehehehehe
Having been allowed to put some miles on a friends a friends, yep they are a real rush, stright line performance is positively ballistic and when you do hit corners you don't really need to back off much ... but might be hard to live with if you do lots of miles, still you run out of fuel well before you get monster numb bum so it's not as bad as it could be!

Phatty
28-03-2013, 07:05 PM
I've only had the S4 out twice in 6 months. I think I did more miles on track than on the road last year. Hope this one is going to be better.

Not sure how the RS will be for commuting. The S4 is brilliant for it, and was pretty good on track too with the suspension mods. Everything I have read about the RS says they are pretty wild machines. I sit just going to be a wheelie machine?

Not into those 4 box exhaust things. Quite like the 848/1098 style one you can get for the Streetfighter. I've also seen an S4R with the twin high level carbons not unlike my S4 has.

Can't go too mad noise wise as tracks have db limits, the S4 was always 102db at Cadwell.

Wasta
29-03-2013, 02:34 AM
Some pics would be appreciated, love these bikes.