PDA

View Full Version : Hi From sunny Bedfordshire

stu7/11
22-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi,
I have always owned Japanese bikes in the past, and was in the process of building a second GSXR 7/11 Streetfighter, but then something funny happened, I came across Radical Ducati, now I have had a soft spot for most Dukes for a long time, now I seem to have an itch that I must scratch.
So I am in the Market for a 750/900 Monster or a 900 ss, I have bid on a couple on ebay but lost out at the last minute, but I will keep on plugging away.
I will look forward to looking through the various posts and will hopefully pick up some useful info

MrsC_772
22-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Hi Stu and welcome on board

Used to live in your neck of the woods (Toddington) and learned to drive in Leighton Buzzard!

I'm sure you'll find plenty of folks on here keen to see what you do with it when you find your Monster - while I'm not the biggest fan of Radical Ducati's styling, there are quite a few Monsteristi who are.

Feel free to mosey on over to Wroxton near Banbury the early May bank holiday weekend where we're having our annual Weekender, to say hi and pick some brains!

stu7/11
22-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Thanks, spent many a happy hour in the pubs in Toddington, I will definately try to get over for the weekender,

He11cat
23-03-2013, 12:27 AM
Welcome and good luck they are fine bikes :)

I have been into Jap bikes since I was a teenager ( mainly Suzuki )
Then I met a monster and fell in love with it even though it was a plumbed one ;).

I then got a little 600 and have to say smitten .
Then the 400 and love him too .
Will be better when I can touch the ground better as its way too tall for me still.

They have a certain charm .
I love that you can make them your own ( ok I've um devalued mine:) ).

Would I go back to a Suzi ?
No ..

In fact if I get another Non Duke I'm getting an 80's guzzi :)

7 / 11 nice one !
I still have a lot of friends who build Streetfighters and I enjoy seeing what they get up to.
Not a Bandit girl mind bored of Bandit Builds.

There's some great Duke builds...
Try Ducutters different to Radical but still some fun stuff.

Pomp on here has just set up business selling some very nice bits .
There's another chap here does some top notch anodising very nice forks .

At some point I shall get him to do mine.
Nice bunch on here.
So you've landed in the right place .

stu7/11
24-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Thanks he11cat, i will definately be looking to modify a monster when i can lay my hands on one (i can't help myself lol), , got my eye on a 2001 750 at the moment, 900 engine will slot straight in I believe!!.

utopia
24-03-2013, 11:53 PM
I have an '01 reg 750 (actually a 2000 model, and carbed).
You may well find that you're happy with the smaller engine and don't need to fit a 900.......I am.

Geoff Ives
25-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks he11cat, i will definately be looking to modify a monster when i can lay my hands on one (i can't help myself lol), , got my eye on a 2001 750 at the moment, 900 engine will slot straight in I believe!!.

Don't be in a rush to change it. Buy the M750 and see if you can get a ride on a M900. You may well be suprised.

I spent a lot of time finding my M750 and don't regret it.

stu7/11
25-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Food for thought guys, just got to get one first:banghead: