PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing with your bike in 2013 ?

J.P
22-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Given that we're already 1/4 way through the year and the weather is still awful, it made me think about my biking plans for 2013. So far I've really got very little planned as I won't be doing one of my mega European tours this summer because of other holiday commitments, but I still want to get out and about.

I'm definitely looking forward to catching up with the usual crowd and hopefully some new faces at the UKMOC Weekender in early May.

I'll be making a long trip out of the MOB Belgium weekend in September, maybe taking in more of Germany & France on the trip.

I also hope to be getting back on track with my 1100 EVO to try and break that fear after my hi-speed-high-side last summer. No actual plans yet but will be looking.

It's also been a couple of years since I took some advanced road rider training which I've done each year so I will definitely be getting some of that done to keep me sharp.

So, what about you ?

jonzi
22-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Racing

But will be up for some track days with UKMOC'ers too.

pegboy
22-03-2013, 02:07 PM
They will be sleeping in the garage if this weather does not improve

Blah blah
22-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Hopefully riding the fuggin thing at some point... I was thinking about a bit of a clean and tidy up but that's gone out of the window.

NewMon
22-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Definitely riding it! Got some trips planned with some other riders - Matlock etc. Hoping to appear at the weekender and make it down to the smoke as well. Would love to do a track day again - after Donnington last year - preferably without the 50 1L sportsbikes up me chuff next time though.

jamiedan2009
22-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Just booked tickets on the Isle of Man Steam Racket for race week :D which will be my first time there. + will be blasting around Wales with my mcc for week before the tt :D Hope to fit in a few rideouts to places like Duxford and a few rallys, oh and dont forget the nottingham egg run on sunday - thinking of going in either a onezie or a suit and tie........

NewMon
22-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Is the Nottingham Egg Run this Sunday? Gonna need some brass monkeys for your balls to go to that.

gary tompkins
22-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Hmmmm.. Belgium

:heart:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8317/8023884121_994835a33b.jpg

jamiedan2009
22-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Yep its this sunday but according to the website it might be called off/postponed due to arctic weather conditions

Shuffy
22-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Well, to kick our season off (despite the weather - OK it was indoors), Scrapps BigOz and myself did this today!

http://www.shorttrackuk.com/Started.html

Full report to follow, once we've all learnt how to walk again...

jonzi
22-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Well, to kick our season off (despite the weather - OK it was indoors), Scrapps BigOz and myself did this today!

http://www.shorttrackuk.com/Started.html

Full report to follow, once we've all learnt how to walk again...

I couldn't walk for days after I did that. A lot of fun though. even the falling off was fun.

Nickj
22-03-2013, 11:09 PM
Today, well this evening.... Finding that a monster in about 2" of snow is going to slide at 60, err I thought it was just wet road until I started drifting towards the drop off the road. It's OK I just rode through it but the drip is an un-railed 100ft tree covered 70 degree drop down to a muddy mess.
Sought shelter in the pub. several beers later and the snow looked less intimidating and who cares about the slippery surfaces, we were only about 300yds from home. Burrrppppp to paraphrase Homer ;)
2 moz it's brake care day, new front pads.. Sharp braking, just what you want LOL

He11cat
23-03-2013, 12:37 AM
Skidoo it Nick ...
I've been thermaling up and heat pads ..
But even I was beaten the other week.
Would someone invent a thermal self heating bra as that's the bit that I'm getting numb .
Hands sorted feet sorted but I'm cursing being a woman in this cold.

My plan is to make the 600 more noisy.

Also both need belts :(

And the 400 needs lowering which is not cheap as means the shock doing but at the mo I am struggling with it height wise.

Wasta
23-03-2013, 01:29 AM
Getting some miles in I hope. Also a few small mods to do, new levers, raise the rear slightly, drop the front, paint the headlight bracket and get some new pegs.

Grumpy
23-03-2013, 05:17 AM
Lots planned this year.
Horsham bank holiday weekend.
Pop to the weekender.
NW200 in May, fancied watching the TT warm up races.
I'm off to Ireland again in June, with Stuart, to help whilst he races.
MOB weekend, hopefully leaving a few days before to visit the Somme battlefields, and finally visit the Bugatti museum!
Lots of days out to various Bike events!
That is off course if the weather ever improves!

Char
23-03-2013, 06:18 AM
Horsham bank holiday Friday with Thermals

miffed from Salisbury

Black Bob
23-03-2013, 07:45 AM
I'm hoping to finally meet it and buy it and thus stop having to sit in the virtual naughty corner all the time.

Then I want to take it to France, Cadwell Park, Wales and the West Country.

And try for a RoSPA test.

Generally killing off its resale value with that thing people hate... mileage.

:D

bex
23-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Learn to service a V twin, rebuild a 2 stroke, and track track track.

scrapps
23-03-2013, 11:24 AM
I couldn't walk for days after I did that. A lot of fun though. even the falling off was fun.

I am having trouble getting my legs to work today.BUT bloody hell what a fantastic day ! I have not had that much fun on a bike ever:D
The training was fantastic and they had me sliding the bike while grinning like a Cheshire cat by the time we had finished. Awesome awesome fun and I have never ridden of road before yesterday.

Nickj
23-03-2013, 12:02 PM
I am having trouble getting my legs to work today.BUT bloody hell what a fantastic day ! I have not had that much fun on a bike ever:D
The training was fantastic and they had me sliding the bike while grinning like a Cheshire cat by the time we had finished. Awesome awesome fun and I have never ridden of road before yesterday.

Yep you can ride through slides even on a monster. LOL Now you're going to have to get one you know!!

Scott1
23-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Learn to change belts, oil and filters, visit the weekender and have a few more weekend rideouts. Next year I want to go abroad on the bike somewhere so will look at planning that as well.

PETE.AKO
23-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Booked in for 1000 Bikes at Mallory park,I want to do a track session at cadwell park,and will be going to the Vtwin rally.So bring on the good weather PLEASE !!

DaffyDuc
23-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Bristol Italian day in April
ace Cafe
Trailering bikes to south of France in May
Black Forest in September.
work is paying for a number of bikers to do Bikesafe so waiting to hear when.
and determined to make it to some more Hilltop cafe meets and generally more riding in this country, Last year most of my miles were abroad
Oh and Ride to the Wall in September

crust
23-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Sadly work has squished Monster weekender plans :( was always going to be difficult.

There's an XR400 engine to be finished so I can clear some space in the garage, once that's done I can finish the GSXR to make room for the Monster.

That needs a top end refresh, fork seals and a Chain and Sprocket set.

Belgium is the big ambition provided it doesn't clash with the annual mountain bike epic.

NewMon
23-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Oh yes. Thanks for reminding me about the Bristol Italian Day. I went a few years ago - superb. Will look to go again this year as well.

gary tompkins
25-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Sadly work has squished Monster weekender plans :( was always going to be difficult.

There's an XR400 engine to be finished so I can clear some space in the garage, once that's done I can finish the GSXR to make room for the Monster.

That needs a top end refresh, fork seals and a Chain and Sprocket set.

Belgium is the big ambition provided it doesn't clash with the annual mountain bike epic.

Oooh.. did just someone mention Belgium.. again?

http://www.deptfordsaints.com/USERIMAGES/Big%20Kwak%201.jpg

pegboy
25-03-2013, 01:27 PM
May ..... Silverstone
June .... Snetterton
July ..... Brno
August . Brands GP
Sept .... Cadwell

And maybe a few evenings inbetween

J.P
25-03-2013, 01:37 PM
and track track track.

Without crashing....:yoparty:

jonzi
25-03-2013, 02:06 PM
May ..... Silverstone
June .... Snetterton
July ..... Brno
August . Brands GP
Sept .... Cadwell

And maybe a few evenings inbetween

What date you doing Snetterton?

I will be there Friday 28th June 2013 with NL for a trackday before the race on Saturday.

pegboy
25-03-2013, 02:11 PM
What date you doing Snetterton?

I will be there Friday 28th June 2013 with NL for a trackday before the race on Saturday.

No it's early June 3/4th i think from memory, the bike will need to be shipped of to Brno i would guess early July so just in case I drop it i will have a good three weeks to fix.

J.P
25-03-2013, 02:35 PM
But how long to fix you Pegboy ? How long to fix you.......

bex
25-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Without crashing....:yoparty:

Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette :chuckle:

But yes, lets hope not! I got a steroid injection into my dodgy hand this morning and if that doesn't work I may be wearing a little metal exoskeleton :-/

Let me know when/where you decide to go, may join you if it suits.

pegboy
25-03-2013, 03:24 PM
But how long to fix you Pegboy ? How long to fix you.......

Well I think i am beyond fixing:D

but hopefully i will still be able to ride