PDA

View Full Version : German inspiration on Ebay?

gary tompkins
26-12-2003, 05:43 PM
Spotted these on Ebay, and if your German is any better than mine (not difficult) they could spur on a few winter projects.

The link & email for the site selling the bodywork shown is....

info@ricambi-weiss.de.

www.ricambi-weiss.de

gary tompkins
26-12-2003, 05:47 PM
The other one was a neat carbon handlebar fairing, which I'm guessing from the description takes an Aprilia RS125 headlamp unit.

At £70 I thought it was a good price for a carbon fairing of this quality?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2449584180&category=49927&sspagename=rvi:1:1

pooh
27-12-2003, 12:26 AM
Gary
I'm sorry but the monster shown is to covered up for me if i wanted a bike like that i would buy a sportsbike. Too much plastic!!!!

Ian

PS I'm talking about the attacment.

Duncan
27-12-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by pooh
Gary
I'm sorry but the monster shown is to covered up for me if i wanted a bike like that i would buy a sportsbike. Too much plastic!!!!

Ian

PS I'm talking about the attacment.

Trust a German to take an Iconic naked bike and dress it up to look like a Panzer!!
Still I spose it takes all sorts to make a world?

gary tompkins
27-12-2003, 02:15 PM
Thought the tail unit looked quite nice (very similar to PD's kylie) and belly pan too, but agree that the panels under the tank look a bit naff. As for overdressing a naked icon, it seems like 50% of club bikes have lots of extra bodywork these days - or do I need to get by eyes tested?

Paranoid Dave
27-12-2003, 10:19 PM
well put GT, i was thinking how nice and clean swept the tail was, sporty but still monster. Much better looking then that 'racing' tail that was on the S4 challenge bikes, this one incorporates the side pods nicely too. As for that thing on the frame - what the f*** is that meant to be? Same with belly pans, each to thier own but big ones to me look as if the bike was wrapped as a present and whoever recieved it forgot to unwrap the bottom bit.
Give him credit tho it's all matching and well done for it I say.

Re: monsters are appearing more and more covered up, it could have something to do with S4's as they appear less naked to me, but if you mean with things like BIG screens and large belly pans? What's that I see on your bike Gary ;)

Albie
28-12-2003, 06:19 PM
Do they know how to remove rear wheels these germans?

As the british aren't very forthcoming .Helllllllllllppppppp!!!!!!!

Albie Gillingham

gary tompkins
29-12-2003, 10:55 AM
PD,

I guess that makes me one of the 50%, but don't think I'll be adding any more bodywork to mine ;)

Albie,

I've sent you a PM - did you post a thread in the "mods & how to" section?