PDA

View Full Version : Guy Martin lid.

scrapps
24-02-2013, 02:08 PM
I was gutted today as I went to try on a AGV Guy Martin crash hat I asked Laguna's Ashford to get in for me.
But the lids did not fit me the small is too small and the medium is too loose. :hissy:
I think this is the first time I have ever wanted a particular style/design lid as normally I just get something I happen to see around the time my crash hat needs changing.
It's a stunning looking lid,light,well priced and I just saw them and wanted one.

So I will just go back to keeping my eye out for a bargain when I am at shows/races. :grump:

bex
24-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Usually you can change the internal padding a bit if its a small amount you need to adjust by... might be worth checking. I added 5mm in the cheeks in my old Arai which kissed the tarmac eventually.

Some monkey at the MCN show tried to convince me a helmet was supposed to be 'that tight', when I was unable to close my mouth and was biting the inside of my cheeks. The next one up was too big; could have bought some bigger cheek inserts but he was such a tosser I didn't bother at all.

Nickj
24-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Obviously designed around guys hair style, grow some more and the medium will fit like a glove.

He11cat
24-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Yup you can sometimes sort the inside out .
But I have to say AGV fitted me badly as well I'm xs in AGV .

I wear Suomy lots but my APex is letting in so much cold air!!!!!
I'm getting brain freeze.

I was told at NEC when I wanted. Roof Boxer to squash the polystyrene inner down with the back if a spoon or scoop it out !!!!!!!!!!!
I walked away !!! I said that's crap advise and dangerous .
Moron !!

Suomy and Simpson seem to fit my tiny pinhead :(

Nickj
24-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Just the one for a new helmet, in the words of GM

Looks a treat dunt it? A bit of bird poo on it as well, very authentic!

Albie
24-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Rick AGV really fit neat. I tried a large and felt nice. The guy said it was too big try a medium. It did and it is fine. You get different cheek pads and you can redo some roof pads.

scrapps
24-02-2013, 06:17 PM
I have never tried to alter a lid to make it fit.
Had AGV lids before and got on well but the shape it not right for me on this model. It was fine at the top but not tight enought around the cheeks maybe thicker cheek pads would sort it.