PDA

View Full Version : Seat Cowl MIA

Akita Boy
22-02-2013, 09:21 AM
So, I rode home last night and on the motorway I managed to loose the seat cowl off the back of my red/white S2R.

Having spent the morning trawling the Internet for a replacement and not had much luck. I've found these Luimoto seat covers.

http://www.speedycom.co.uk/shop/product.php?productid=19160

Has anyone had any experiance of them?

Cheers.

Ian

Dookbob
22-02-2013, 10:16 AM
I havn,t had any experience of these, but they certainly look quite impressive, certainly a far better option than those awfull plastic seat cowls that totally ruin the lines of the monster seat.

alan c
22-02-2013, 06:23 PM
They look great, wonder if i could use to cover my gel seat ?? not sure how you fit them ??

Akita Boy
22-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Having looked on YouTube it looks fairly simple, just a staplegun and a few bulldog clips to help line it up over the original.

I've bitten the bullet and ordered one. Will update once I've given it a go.

Akita Boy
15-03-2013, 01:17 PM
So I was standing in the garage with staple gun, bulldog clips and an iPad with various YouTube clips/demo, new seat cover and my old S2R seat, it looked easy on YouTube so how hard can it be??

Three cups of coffee and much head scratching, and a quick google search later I found Viking Motorcycle Seats in New Ash Green, 10 minutes ride away. One quick phone call for advice (to a very friendly Steve the owner) and he offered to do it for me for 20 quid.

He did make it look easy, but he does have 23 years experiance of recovering bike seats.

I'll post some before and after photos once I work out how to!

smiffyraf1
15-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Got viking seats to make my custom cover they are amazing. And great value
For the quality of work carried out

jerry
16-03-2013, 09:28 AM
The Cowl fell off because the 6mm fasteners probably vibrated loose over time , i check mine regularly and put a 6mm rubber washer on as well .