PDA

View Full Version : wanted power commander 3 for s2r800

chrislittle82
20-02-2013, 09:48 PM
As above, any help appreciated.

J.P
21-02-2013, 07:27 AM
You might want to look into ECU re-mapping as a better alternative nowadays.
http://bsd.uk.com/

chrislittle82
21-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Hi, thanks for the reply.
Can I ask why this is considered the better option? I understand that with the PC3 the maps are easily interchangeable and upgradeable and should you want to remove it the OEM map is immediately effective.
I would have thought that ECU remapping would offer less flexibility?

Cheers.

slob
21-02-2013, 11:57 AM
If you wanted to remove it quickly, yes the PC makes sense. However, the PC is a fix to resolve shortcomings with the stock map and lack of flexibility in the stock ECUs range of adjustment. Once remapped correctly you should just be able to leave it alone (unless you wanted to suddenly return to stock pipes and filter or reintroduce the flat midrange performance caused by emissions compliance) The PC adds another device to your bike that can fail independently.

J.P
21-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Also the PC is only a specific number of mapping points, I think it's something like every 20-30 points where it can be programmed. The ECU re-mapping offers unlimted points and should return a smoother and better retuning. I've had both, a PC on my S4R, and then had two ECU remapped on a Monster and Multistrada.

This only applies obviously if you leave the bike as it is after the retuning. Change anything and it'll run rough again.