PDA

View Full Version : k&n panel filter fit

smiffyraf1
18-02-2013, 02:51 PM
hi guys got a k&n air filter to fit to my carby m750 and am having issues basically it wont fit! the fins are deeper than the standard paper one and it wont go in and close without cutting the airbox lid. now i have got one thats cut already and will fit with the k&n but surely this isnt how they are intended. i dont really want an open airbox as surely i will have to rejet the carbs.
help appreciated
james

slob
18-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Sounds very odd, mine (later EFI Bikes) are a very tight fit and won't clear the frame unless you fit the filter into the lid before putting the assembly back onto the airbox.

smiffyraf1
18-02-2013, 03:09 PM
it is odd. the stock paper one has to squash a bit on the front edge to fit but theres no way you can do this to the k&n as its pretty solid. the clips just ping open again. i know that the benefits will only be felt i i run an open box but really cannot be bothered to go messing with the carbs mainly because i dont know what im doing ;)

Nickj
18-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Got a K&N in mine and it's a tight fit, as Slob suggests you do need to fit the filter into the lid.
Sometimes the clips do ping undone, usually that's when the filter isn't seated as well as it could be, mine always go when I do the last one up :confused:

smiffyraf1
18-02-2013, 07:48 PM
it just seems to thick to fit in the lid, by a long way. the standard one goes in with the rubber seal flush with the lid but the k&m is a good 10mm off

DrD
18-02-2013, 10:26 PM
I think there are two depths to the K&N filter panels
- the deep one which you seem to have bought and a shallower one.
I have both in my garage (but for M900) - the deep one fits open tops - which I have
The shallower one is same depth as original and fits with the lid on.
I got the shallow one from here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300743455678?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649