PDA

View Full Version : Dear friends...

ANDRI-973
13-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Gallarate, 13 febbraio 2013

Cari Soci ed Amici,

chi tra di voi ci segue da qualche anno sarà a conoscenza delle tensioni e delle vicissitudini passate dal 100hp negli ultimi due, tre anni, nei confronti di Ducati e, in particolare, del DOC Office tramite il quale il nostro Club è affiliato, dal 2003, al circuito dei Club ufficiali Ducati.

Le politiche aziendali di Ducati hanno, negli ultimi anni, allontanato lo spirito dei DOC Club da quello che era in origine, avvicinando sempre più i Club alle strategie di marketing ed alla rete vendita ufficiale della Casa.

Tra le ultime novità introdotte ai processi di affiliazione al circuito DOC c'è stata il vincolante requisito di ogni Club di essere collegato al relativo Store di zona.

Questo è un requisito che il 100hp, per ovvi motivi, non può avere. Non può avere perchè i due store di zona sono già affiliati ai due club che conosciamo, ed un terzo store che sarebbe disponibile ad appoggiare il 100hp non viene accettato dalla casa perchè di poche centinaia di metri oltre il confine provinciale. In questa situazione ci ha messi la casa stessa, consentendo l'apertura di altre realtà in una zona già coperta dal nostro Club. La stessa casa che per anni ha professato la territorialità dei Club e l'intenzione di non sovrapporre più DOC nella stessa zona ci ha portati fino a questo punto.

Dal nostro punto di vista un Club deve rimanere un'entità spinta dalla sola passione e dalla voglia di stare insieme, non da interessi commerciali e di brand, come vorrebbe la casa madre. E' per questo che lo scorso ed il precedente anno avevamo preso in considerazione l'idea di abbandonare il circuito dei Club ufficiali. Altri eccellenti Club hanno abbandonato o sono stati esclusi dal circuito, ed i motivi sono sempre gli stessi. Anche quest'anno stavamo valutando se rinnovare l'affiliazione, in virtù di quanto emerso all'ultimo President Meeting, che ci ha confermato ancor di più che l'interesse dell'azienda è oramai sempre più orientato agli aspetti commerciali e relativi obiettivi di vendita piuttosto che al mantenimento, all'accrescimento e alla diffusione della passione che nutriamo nei confronti delle sue moto, scopo principale del nostro Club. Siamo stati anticipati di qualche giorno dalle nuove direttive aziendali di cui sopra.

Siamo amareggiati dall'atteggiamento della casa e siamo rattristati dal veder scemare così gli intenti morali e lo spirito che ha fatto nascere e crescere negli anni quella che era o doveva essere “la grande famiglia dei DOC”.

A partire da quest'anno il 100hp quindi non farà più parte del circuito dei DOC Club, per i motivi sopra citati.

Personalmente credo che l'uscita dal circuito dei Desmo Owners Club vada percepita come un punto di partenza, non di arrivo. Il 100hp andrà avanti lo stesso, come prima, anzi meglio di prima, con nuovi stimoli e con nuove libertà di movimento ed azione, libertà che sempre più venivano soffocate dai regolamenti DOC. Siamo e saremo sempre un gruppo di amici che si ritrova per vivere al meglio la passione per le moto, siano esse Ducati o no. Organizzeremo i nostri eventi e soprattutto GIREREMO IN MOTO, cosa che amiamo fare più di ogni altra cosa.

Il 100hp siamo noi, siete voi, è la passione che alberga nei nostri cuori. La passione non si vende e non si compra, e non si misura con un logo ufficiale. Il marketing, i dati di vendita, le strategie aziendali lasciamoli ad altri... teniamoci la nostra passione e la nostra voglia di andare in moto, al di la di marchi ed etichette.

Grazie.

Ferro

slob
14-02-2013, 06:35 AM
Galarate 13th February 2013

Dear Members and Friends,

those of you following us for a few years will be aware of the tensions and vicissitudes increased from 100hp in the last two or three years, against Ducati and, in particular, the DOC Office through which the Club is affiliated, from 2003 , the circuit of Ducati Club official.

Company policies Ducati have, in recent years, dismissed the spirit of the Club DOC from what was originally closer and closer to the Club to marketing strategies and the sales network's official.

Among the latest innovations introduced to the process of affiliation to the circuit DOC there was the mandatory requirement of each club to be linked to its store in the area.

This is a requirement that the 100hp, for obvious reasons, can not have. It can not be because the two stores in the area are already members of the two clubs that we know, and a third store that would be available to support the 100hp is not accepted from home because of a few hundred meters beyond the provincial border. In this situation has put the house itself, allowing the opening of other realities in an area already covered by our Club the same house for years has professed the territoriality of the Club and the intention not to stack more DOC in the same area has led us to this point.

From our point of view, a club must remain one entity driven by passion and the desire to be together, not by commercial interests and brand, as would the parent company. It is for this reason that the last and the previous year we had considered the idea of ​​abandoning the circuit of the Club officers. Other excellent Club have left or have been excluded from the circuit, and the reasons are always the same. Also this year we were evaluating whether to renew membership by virtue of what emerged last Meeting President, who confirmed even more that the interest of the company is now increasingly focused on the commercial aspects and their sales targets rather than to the maintenance, growth and the spread of the passion we have for its motorcycles, the main purpose of our Club We have been anticipated a few days of the new company directives above.

We are saddened by the attitude of the house and we are saddened to see so diminish the moral purpose and spirit that gave birth to grow over the years and what was or was to be "the great family of the DOC."

Starting this year, the 100hp therefore will not be part of the circuit of DOC Club, for the reasons mentioned above.

Personally I think the output from the circuit of the Desmo Owners Club goes perceived as a starting point, not the end. The 100hp will continue the same as before, even better than before, with new ideas and new freedom of movement and action, freedom that were increasingly stifled by DOC regulations. We are and will always be a group of friends that can be found to better enjoy the passion for motorcycles, whether or not Ducati. We will organize our events and especially'll shoot MOTO, what we love to do more than anything else.

The 100hp us, it's you, it's the passion that dwells in our hearts. The passion is not for sale and can not be bought and can not be measured with an official logo. The marketing, sales data, business strategies leave them to others ... let's keep our passion and our desire to ride a bike, beyond the marks and labels.
Thanks.

Ferro

This is very sad news! A special bond exists (and will continue to) between the UKMOC and 100hp. The UKMOC may well be going the same way, as the factory now seems focussed on the marketing possibilities of DOCs and is struggling to see the benefits of having hundreds of unpaid ambassadors whose sole purpose is passion for their marque. I am currently discussing with them whether there is still space for a free national club dedicated to a single model.

Kato
14-02-2013, 07:11 AM
That'll be the Germans trying to influence what we say and do.....

I say **** em..........Get out and go it alone, if all the affiliated clubs do the same Audi will be left with an empty shell, but the clubs will still be the same.

LouSCannon
14-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Ridiculously short sighted and commercial suicide... having been dealing with Italian corporate and private banks for some months now in work I actually don't think this would be a German influence. They certainly could not force Ducati to do something they did not agree too...

I think many if not all clubs that are worth being a member of will feel exactly the same way...

Jan (Belgium)
14-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Same problem for us in Belgium....

He11cat
14-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Crikey that will effect a lot of clubs then :(
A club that is there for the sole purpose of passion for that bike/bikes should not have commercial ties or be dictated to by a company sorry....
Its free advertising and promotion for the company, no better advertising then word of mouth :).
Very sad indeed.
Do your own thing and enjoy with out constraint.

slob
14-02-2013, 11:21 AM
All four UK clubs to greater or lesser extent.

Same problem for us in Belgium....
I think it's safe to say a special bond will always exist between MOB and UKMOC too, no matter what happens.

Rally
14-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Lets face it, it's not like Ducati do much for us anyway, from what most of us see or know? They refused to give us a flag when asked of it for our section, they even get fussy about logo use etc. i mean, is that not free advertising for them? I think this could be a breath of fresh air actually. :thumbsup:

It could also be an opportunity to make the members who have been loyal to Ducati, but moved on from a Monster (A beginners bike in many eyes of Ducati) to feel more welcome again perhaps?

The UKMOC is a great Club and forum and i support it fully, but times change and maybe we need to accept that change and move forwards to the next step.......

:ukm:

Pomp1
14-02-2013, 02:55 PM
It' such a shame. I know how much all 3 Clubs have done for Ducati but I wonder how much Ducati does for the CLubs..

ANDRI-973
14-02-2013, 03:36 PM
THANK YOU GUYS!!!
Alex and all the 100HP's members are looking forward to the new adventure, D.O.C. or not we are all bikers and that is the time to change gear and go faster.
Ducati want every DOC to be in contact with a official dealer (marketing and loyalty to the brand? :fou:) and to have test rides only with Ducati motorbikes..
We are now free to decide what to do an which bikes we want to test.
Yes, now we can!!! :thumbsup:

Grumpy
14-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Lets face it, it's not like Ducati do much for us anyway, from what most of us see or know? They refused to give us a flag when asked of it for our section, they even get fussy about logo use etc. i mean, is that not free advertising for them? I think this could be a breath of fresh air actually. :thumbsup:

It could also be an opportunity to make the members who have been loyal to Ducati, but moved on from a Monster (A beginners bike in many eyes of Ducati) to feel more welcome again perhaps?

The UKMOC is a great Club and forum and i support it fully, but times change and maybe we need to accept that change and move forwards to the next step.......

I personally, feel that DOC membership doesn't add anything of value to the to UKMOC.
Ducati do not seem interested in supporting the club, only in what they can gleam out of us.

As the club with the largest membership in the Uk, I would have hoped we had some sway, however, as this policy decsion comes from Italy, it is doubtful if Ducati Uk, can or will move away from this policy, which, I understand affects all the affiliated clubs in the UK, as well as many in europe and beyond.

One of the main strengths of the UKMOC is the one make, one model aspect of the club, we have a common love, not only of Ducatis, but Ducati Monsters, this is something we should be proud of and support fully. Opening the club to non monster owners is not an answer to this situation with Ducati, more a diversion.

slob
14-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Keep your thoughts coming folks! I'm reading with interest (even if some of my best friends are in the naughty corner these days)

Pedro
14-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Ignore Ducati, lets do our own thing and build a great network with good people like the MOB and the 100HPs. Ducati bring very little to the ukmoc so why should we tow the corporate line. Ukmoc was formed to bring like minded people who share a passion for Monsters together, not as a corporate marketing tool.

Ped

samieb
14-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Mmmm. Interesting article by the 100HP club here. However I have to agree with the comments made and by others also. I have seen over the past 4/5 years that 'Peer Pressure' aswell as various restrictions have been applied more & more onto the clubs I feel in order to stiffle them. Particularly in what the Clubs can/can't sell for example. I do find it sad at times that the 'Brand' doesn't always support, encourage and embrace the clubs more and more. If it wasn't for the clubs we have, I wouldn't have met some great people and this is what the club atmosphere should be about amongst others.. If the club/ the brand are good enough, they'll sell each other without any brand or peer pressures and influences. DUK aren't interested in anything else, other than selling there years quota's tbh. So lets get back to what a club/ forum should be. I can't stand this Corporate/ Politically Correct Bo11ox .!.

Albie
14-02-2013, 07:47 PM
It' such a shame. I know how much all 3 Clubs have done for Ducati but I wonder how much Ducati does for the CLubs..

They gave me an umberella :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sorry had to get that out. I go with whats good for OUR CLUB. We do all the work and without that there would be no clubs. We ride the club on OUR motorcycle choice so it belongs to US. I really dont understand their logic with logos etc unless for a money gaining excersise obviously. Maybe Tank badges should be an optional extra.

LouSCannon
14-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Does having the right to use a logo actually mean anything? In over five years that's the only advantage I've really seen. The relationships and bonds between other clubs and in fact dealers and privateers hasn't been done by Ducati, it's been done by individuals and general good feeling.

I don't remember Ducati putting in the work to organise any of our meets or weekenders, it's been by hard working members. The relationships with 100bhp and MOB have been built by the groups themselves, I don't recall Ducati putting us in touch with people?

I think Pedro hits it, as an active (Albeit not that active for the past 12 months) member for five years I as a member have seen nothing whatsoever coming from being an 'official' club, and I've seen everything from being part of a special group of people with something in common.

Saint aka ML
14-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Maybe they are turning Apple, get money for patents/royalties or sue/intimidate to stop using them. Money is everything now. Club might be free marketing for them but obviously some marketing people thing we are all idiots and do not know that so they want to charge us on top. Do some work for them and get charged for it is perfect.

One thing I do get as to why, unaffiliated Ducati club does nit have to share views and opinions of Ducati. Affiliated one can not openly say bike X is **** do not buy.

MOB Carine
14-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Every year the Monster Owners Belgium performs a struggle to be recognized as DOC club. The list of rules is increasing. If we would follow the imposed rules closely, it would hit our financial resources. After years our logo must be approved again! Unfortunately we also find that Monster clubs are discriminated on a discreet way. We will seriously consider whether all that trouble to get recognition benefits to our members.

Saint aka ML
14-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Well if you can not beat them maybe join them. Let all discriminate official Ducati club membership. If enough do it someone in Ducati might notice.

Pomp1
14-02-2013, 09:48 PM
from what I've heard Lady Ducati in Italy has been refused recognised membership after 20 (!) years as a DOC. They don't seem to care about anything or anyone anymore. Are we about to see the death of the DOC program as we know it?

Gilps
14-02-2013, 09:50 PM
I think Ducati have mis-managed the relationship between themselves and their customers via the official clubs. They have tried to be like HD and Triumph by building brand, with a sense of belonging and family. If you can get punters to buy the clothing then they are more likely to buy your product next time round as they will have to junk it all if they change brand. You feel a bit safer sticking with what you know too, particularly if you feel part of a group.
But Ducati haven't really bought in to the idea of supporting the clubs of late. They used to. I remember seeing the Ducati truck and test bikes at the UKMOC and DSC track days 7 years ago, but now you get zero from them. No presence at all at our weekender. No suupport for the DSC's Desmo Due race series. I know they are racing old machinery, and many of our Monsters are not current models, but I haven't felt like I was part of anything special for quite some time now. To me, Ducati has become just another bike manufacturer. I realise that they have to make a profit, but part of their success to date has been that feeling of being part of a family. Not any more.
I say to heck with the factory. We have proved beyond doubt that we can survive quite happilly without them. I wonder how many will bother with WDW in future given this kind of attitude.

gary tompkins
15-02-2013, 12:55 AM
Ignore Ducati, lets do our own thing and build a great network with good people like the MOB and the 100HPs. Ducati bring very little to the ukmoc so why should we tow the corporate line. Ukmoc was formed to bring like minded people who share a passion for Monsters together, not as a corporate marketing tool.

Ped

My sentiments as well Pedro

I know Ducati UK supported UKMOC's first couple of track days. That was back in 2004-2005 and I can't recall them offering to support an official UKMOC event since. Most of the assistance we have asked for usually doesn't materialise, or ends up being very watered down and half hearted. I can't see dropping DOC membership status making much difference to the way the club operates. If enough clubs boycott this decision and go independant maybe Ducati will be forced to make a U-turn?

Wasta
15-02-2013, 02:25 AM
I agree with all of the above, a club can run independantly without any official backing (which seems to be thin on the ground anyway). A club is only as good as it's members.

S4Rs MacK
15-02-2013, 12:23 PM
I agree with all of the above, a club can run independantly without any official backing (which seems to be thin on the ground anyway). A club is only as good as it's members.

And the UKMOC members and friends are the best.

jerry
15-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Tell the corporate types at ducati and audi to sod off to their Hedge fund friends and we can carry on with friendship, passion and caring for each other , remember they need us more than we need them..

MrsC_772
15-02-2013, 06:19 PM
It's the people that make the club what it is, not the presence or absence of some kind of stamp of approval from Bolognese HQ.

I got the sense from Slob that dealing with HQ was hard work at the best of times - maybe it would be a blessing in disguise if we broke ranks with the DOC "family" for what it brings us.

The discounts on WDW/museum/Milan bike show entry for being part of an official factory recognised club, while nice, are not such a huge benefit as to make it worth endless hassle and red tape, and artificial geographical boundaries (like colonial powers carving up territories drawing arbitrary straight lines across the map, regardless of cultural affiliations!)

Ducati are shooting themselves in the foot by imposing daft rules on clubs if they want to remain official DOCs. Trying too hard to become another Harley Davidson "lifestyle" money spinning/grabbing brand name appealing to a wider audience and losing touch with the real devotees in the process. I knew they were on that particular slippery slope when confronted with the Ducati brand perfume promotions at WDW!

That's not to say that I wouldn't buy another Monster when the time comes (with my stumpy legs there are few alternatives), but it might be despite, not because of, the brand.

As others have commented our European links with 100HP and the Belgians, plus Slob & LouSCannon's German friends, were cultivated by us as members, not through the factory.

And hey, if we have to redesign the logo in the event of a UDI from Bologna, the club has several talented graphic designers/artistic minded folk (Bex's hoodies, Shuffy & Albie's calendars, Hellcat etc) so I'm sure we'd survive!

Char
15-02-2013, 07:23 PM
How much is our doing though?

I asked Ducati UK for a prize for the Weekender and we have been given a pillion ride with Hodgson , free entry to the race for two and Ducati hospitality

Maybe its about time we let them know what we want and need - you dont know until you try

Pedro
15-02-2013, 07:30 PM

I asked Ducati UK for a prize for the Weekender and we have been given a pillion ride with Hodgson , free entry to the race for two and Ducati hospitality

Maybe its about time we let them know what we want and need - you dont know until you try

Char

There have countless requests made to Ducati for support for the weekender etc etc, all to no avail. When I was Prez, the system was hard work, it's much worse now from what Slob says. As GT says, the last decent support we had was the early track days, I think that says it all

Ped

slob
15-02-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm not entirely sure we can't maintain a working relationship with Ducati UK, whilst rejecting the factory/DOC's control. We will see.
I should also add they kindly gave us the 10th 'Monster 20th' Dust Cover (the only other 9 went to the owners of the bikes displayed at the NEC) for the raffle and that Moto Rapido are an official dealer supporting the Weekender.

Char
15-02-2013, 07:39 PM
I think the vast majority of business are suffering

We are after all right in the middle of a pretty darn big recession

Long gone the days of free gifts of whiskey and sides of salmon at Christmas time - cutbacks for these type of corporate 'gifts' are across the board

jerry
15-02-2013, 08:35 PM
we dont need Ducatis gifts or charity ...but they NEED us as customers

slob
15-02-2013, 08:41 PM
I would suggest that where we can find common ground it's better for both sides if we can work together.

MrsC_772
15-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Common ground would be good if it could be found - no point throwing the baby out with the bathwater if a way can be found to make things work - but if the 100HP club's comments about the need for every DOC to somehow affiliate with a local Ducati dealership, and that there can only be one club per dealer, are an accurate representation of the new policy coming from HQ, I cannot see how formal DOC status could work for a club which is (a) model specific to the Monster rather than all-Ducati, and (b) national.

Even if UKMOC were to somehow formally split into regional sub-clubs, with e.g. Hampshire and Wiltshire linking with Moto Rapido, where does that leave the owners of Panigales, Diavels and Streetfighters wanting a DOC link with their local dealer?

And what would Ducati UK or Bologna's reaction be to dealers being generous to or establishing formal links with clubs which were not official factory recognised DOCs, if this appeared to be flying in the face of the official policy?

slob
15-02-2013, 09:18 PM
The Monster club remains UK (& Ireland) wide, Monster only and free to join.

Saint aka ML
15-02-2013, 09:26 PM
The Monster club remains UK (& Ireland) wide, Monster only and free to join.

The monster only is not strictly correct now is it ;) All with the naughty corner.

Rally
15-02-2013, 09:51 PM

I think you had better ask more often then Char, as others have tried and got no where!

Moto Rapido are an official dealer supporting the Weekender.
Yes Rob, a very supportive dealer, not Ducati UK.

I think the vast majority of business are suffering

We are after all right in the middle of a pretty darn big recession

Long gone the days of free gifts of whiskey and sides of salmon at Christmas time - cutbacks for these type of corporate 'gifts' are across the board
It times like this you have to be seen to support your customers. I have never given out as many freebies as I am doing at present to keep everyone sweet and on side. Recession or not, hospitality and R & D have to be continued to be invested in.

Lets remind ourselves;
Silverstone Ducati day 2011: who was unwilling to pay hotels or travel costs but wanted our bikes there to make a good display? Then who wanted to take pictures of our bikes for using in their advertising of the event, and then charged us if we wanted copies of them? Mmmm

samieb
16-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Well I think the 3 Monster Clubs should just stick together and unafilliate themselves from the Brand. This is in order for them to be.what they should be, for enthusiastic Monster Owners past, present or new members to the forum.

I'll try to be less opinionated, but I agree with many comments already made but Rally's hits the nail on the head.

slob
16-02-2013, 05:54 PM
I had a very positive meeting with Ducati UK today. We will see what happens with the DOC but we will become independent if we need to. As I said earlier, I think the factory are making a huge mistake but it is better for both if UKMOC and DUK can still work together. DUK are also keen not to destroy the relationship we are building.

Lukaz, the 'naughty corner' is 'registered forum users', not strictly speaking UKMOC members.

Pedro
16-02-2013, 08:30 PM
I had a very positive meeting with Ducati UK today. We will see what happens with the DOC but we will become independent if we need to. As I said earlier, I think the factory are making a huge mistake but it is better for both if UKMOC and DUK can still work together. DUK are also keen not to destroy the relationship we are building.

Lukaz, the 'naughty corner' is 'registered forum users', not strictly speaking UKMOC members.

Sounds like a good plan there Rob.

gary tompkins
16-02-2013, 11:07 PM

Lukaz, as Slob said.. you have to own a monster to be a full member of UKMOC. Owning other makes/models of bike doesn't exclude you from club events like the weekender, but does mean you have to park in a different area... such as the naughty corner. I own a monster and other non-ducati's, and park according to what I choose to ride. It doesn't affect my attitude to attending club events at all. I've always considered this club to be more about the people in it and the friendships I've made, than the bikes we choose to own and ride.

@ Slob... I suggest we see how things progress with DUK, and then decide what's best for UKMOC in the long term

Headhunter
17-02-2013, 12:33 PM
I hate, with a passion, the route Ducati are going down on the commercial front - for god's sake I can now buy a Ducati kitchen to go with my aftershave and flight luggage whilst sipping a coffee in a Ducati Cafe, which is in a friggin shopping mall :fou: :fou: :fou: This type of stuff should surely be left to Nattyboy ;)

Bar the first and latter items, I've decided to live with it (Ferrari products, Porsche shop etc) in the name of progress/survival.

One of the main reasons I first joined UKMOC was because it was a group of people who were passionate about their Dukes and had no interest in paying to sign up to the DSC.

Whilst the DOC seems to be alienating its European customer base they're offering members in Dubai the opportunity to do free trackdays and other freebies. Maybe it's a developing market for them and/or Ducati Dubai are selling Dukes at an incredible rate but it seems they've got it sorted out here, which I have to admit is rare.

Personally I hate the idea of being tied into a Ducati dealership (hence why I'm not a member) and completely agree with many other comments on here but just thought I'd mention the above. I think it's probably no different to what the UK situation was 10-15 years ago and it'll be the same scenario out here in years to come.

jonzi
17-02-2013, 01:39 PM
I can now buy a Ducati kitchen

You got a link for this? Could do with a new kitchen.

slob
17-02-2013, 02:09 PM
http://blog.arrex.it/?p=1798

http://www.bombilladesign.it/wp-content/themes/Tiara/timthumb.php?src=http://www.bombilladesign.it/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/curva_rossa4.jpg&h=400&w=670&zc=1

http://www.living24.it/curva-rossa-molto-arrex-un-po-ducati/0,1254,58_ART_7145,00.html

Saint aka ML
17-02-2013, 04:19 PM
http://blog.arrex.it/?p=1798

http://www.bombilladesign.it/wp-content/themes/Tiara/timthumb.php?src=http://www.bombilladesign.it/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/curva_rossa4.jpg&h=400&w=670&zc=1

http://www.living24.it/curva-rossa-molto-arrex-un-po-ducati/0,1254,58_ART_7145,00.html

He and no 2v in sight there!! Minimum there should be a 900ss square light holding the table ;)

Stuart42
17-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Having discussed this at breakfast, I really think it boils down to if this does happen, what do we gain by being a DOC and what we would lose but not being a DOC?

On a very basic level, as mentioned, we would lose tickets for WDW, Ducati museum and Milan bike show, but what else?

Also would it affect what logo's we can use on shirts, business cards etc?

Would us being linked to a dealer really intrude on what we do as a club/areas?

Its good that Rob is keeping good links with DUK, but the club boils down to good people who do things for the club and obviously the people that make the club.

utopia
17-02-2013, 04:39 PM
... no 2v in sight there!!......

Judging from the three stools, I think that must be the somewhat rare ST3 kitchen.........:running:

uksurfer
17-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Lukaz, as Slob said.. you have to own a monster to be a full member of UKMOC. Owning other makes/models of bike doesn't exclude you from club events like the weekender, but does mean you have to park in a different area... such as the naughty corner. I own a monster and other non-ducati's, and park according to what I choose to ride. It doesn't affect my attitude to attending club events at all. I've always considered this club to be more about the people in it and the friendships I've made, than the bikes we choose to own and ride.

@ Slob... I suggest we see how things progress with DUK, and then decide what's best for UKMOC in the long term

occasionally, i find my self agreeing with Gary, this is one of those times

Ride safe everone

Pomp1
17-02-2013, 06:16 PM
occasionally, i find my self agreeing with Gary, this is one of those times

Ride safe everone
Yeah, but you have a conflict of interests in that :biggrin:

uksurfer
17-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Yeah, but you have a conflict of interests in that :biggrin: cheers

i wouldnt call it a conflict - as ex-hants rep, i always welcomed ex or pre monster owners to our breakfast meets and runs, i'm agreeing with the fact its the person rather than the bike that makes the club so good

ANDRI-973
17-02-2013, 07:28 PM
I am a lucky (not Ducati) owner, I have a 1965 Lambretta Golden Special, a 1991 Cagiva Mito Lucky Explorer and a 2001 Husqvarna TE 570..
It doesn't matter what bikes brand you prefer, the most important things are: YOU are a Biker, YOU have FRIENDS, YOU and your FRIEND can decide what to do and where to go...
I don't want a brand to decide for ME and for my FRIENDS!!!

Ducati (not their bikes..) SUCKS!!!

Albie
17-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Judging from the three stools, I think that must be the somewhat rare ST3 kitchen.........:running:

You need run.....:ukm::biggrin:

Albie
17-02-2013, 08:46 PM
I am liking this thread. I dont do as much lately as I can't but I wont sell my bike. I have been here 9 years and watched them come a go and back again, I have watched them go because they really were kn0bs and never return. Those who are freindly stay friends and even if banter causes friction its generally sorted. You will lose this if we sell out. I really dont post as much as I cant offer as much as the bikes the same and my projects are other bikes. I share it occasionly in case its not welcome.

I also watch some battles and laugh at times. Time for me to sit on the fence and get splinters. It may help me..

popelli
18-02-2013, 05:36 AM
this thread is quite interesting

over on the other side fo the fence in the docgb camp it has not even been mentioned ????

DrD
18-02-2013, 07:58 AM
t
over on the other side of the fence in the docgb camp it has not even been mentioned ????
It does not seem to have cropped up[ on Ducati Up North and they are sponsored by five dealers (including Ducati Manchester, Leeds and Glasgow)

slob
18-02-2013, 08:10 AM
All four clubs in the UK are engaged with Ducati UK trying to find solutions. It's not my place to comment on their behalf, although I'm obviously in contact with all of them but it's probably worth noting that DUN is run by SDC however they're not the same organisation, a bit like we have registered users and UKMOC members. Also remember the DOC(factory not DOCGB) only recognises the 250-300 of our members that are registered with them, not the other 1700 or so.

slob
18-02-2013, 11:28 AM
from what I've heard Lady Ducati in Italy has been refused recognised membership after 20 (!) years as a DOC. They don't seem to care about anything or anyone anymore. Are we about to see the death of the DOC program as we know it?

I have heard on the grapevine that Lady Ducati are discussing directly with Bologna how to find a solution.

Pomp1
18-02-2013, 07:49 PM
I have heard on the grapevine that Lady Ducati are discussing directly with Bologna how to find a solution.

I hope so, LD has been a cornerstone for many years.