PDA

View Full Version : I want a Doocati!

rac3r
30-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Hello all! Hope you are all well and good

The time has come for a bike change I think. My current bike (Street Triple) has been awesome, fast enough, light enough, sounds awesome, starts on the button, etc etc in fact I'm still not 100% that I want to change it!

However I have definitely missed having a V Twin, the sound of thing and just the way they are really. I've been looking online at a few bikes and nothing really draws my attention. Monster's aren't really doing it for me at the moment except for maybe the Evo which is too expensive, the Superbikes are tempting but I know I will miss the fun and comfort of a naked. I am actually quite interested in the Hypermotard (I know this is a Monster forum but before I left I think the naughty corner was full of em!). So I would like the views of those that have ridden both bikes and what they think of them?

90% of my riding is short urban runs and the rest is tight B roads. I will most likely have to buy trade because of finance.

Thanks for any help!

He11cat
31-01-2013, 01:08 AM
OH NOOOOOOO HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!! ;) lol

steeevvvooo
31-01-2013, 07:16 AM
He's back!! :)

Never ridden the hyper but I quite like them. I've done a deal on a ktm which was a bit cheaper but I did consider the hyper. The bigger engines ones are supposed to be nuts!

gary tompkins
31-01-2013, 08:10 AM
http://chicagoist.com/attachments/Samantha%20Abernethy/2012_6_18_duh3.gif

braylew
31-01-2013, 09:00 AM
for what you want out of a bike go get a evo will scratch around b roads all day

rac3r
31-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Haha I knew you guys missed my 'what shall I get' threads!

Stevo surely you didn't sell the S2R!?!

Back on topic, for the price of a Monster Evo can get a Streetfighter which is what I really want but both are too expensive for me. Price needs to be about 5-6k otherwise my premiums go up to high. The only thing that worries me about the Hyper is that it might be too upright so I think I need to go sit/ride one. KTM Superduke could be another option, I saw the RC8's are within range but I must resist the superbikes! I'll only end up regretting it a few months down the line