PDA

View Full Version : ebay speedo

bluestoesonnose
28-01-2013, 06:55 AM
Looks like it was made by a three year old but...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Performance-Instrument-Gauge-Dash-Assembly-Ducati-Monster-750-900-93-99-/200886395752?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec5c32368

Geoff Ives
28-01-2013, 09:45 AM
This may sound odd BUT.
I have one on my monster. It looks great but I found the tachometer led's too distracting particularly at night so I disconnected the tacho. maybe I will get around to making it switchable.

Yorkie
28-01-2013, 11:52 AM
I also have one and it is a great bit of kit, the LED's are bright but not distracting enough to cause any safety dramas!

Quite a rare bit of kit I think.

Yorkie

Nickj
29-01-2013, 09:20 AM
If anyone wanted just the jolly rising LED strip for a rev counter I've got an old unusefd Datatool Revlight kicking around.

Saint aka ML
29-01-2013, 09:58 AM
BTW that is a original cores rev counter upgrade sold to older carburated monsters ;) Different times.

Blah blah
29-01-2013, 05:32 PM
I like that one slightly more than I like my current one, but not for $200 !!

utopia
29-01-2013, 06:58 PM
I have one, but I've taken it off now.
Mixed feelings about them really....I found the revcounter a little erratic at low revs. I also think that the carbon surround is a little flimsy for the weight/leverage from the tacho unit....I was intending to beef mine up to make it more rigid, but I never got round to it.
I quite liked the look though, particularly behind a small screen, and the revcounter did stop me searching for a non-existent fifth gear.

Mine's for sale, if anyone's interested.....cash or trade.
I may even be able to beef it up first, as I've got some cloth offcuts and a bit of resin hanging about at the moment.

The main reason I wanted a revcounter in the first place was to avoid searching for the lost gear, so in the end I decided to try and fit a gear indicator instead.
Up to now, I have the logic/display unit neatly installed in the std warning light module, but then it got put on the back shelf before I'd sorted out the gear lever sensors.