PDA

View Full Version : Wilts / Hants 1st Breakfast of 2013 - January 20th at 10.30am

Rally
10-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Can all who are looking to attend this meeting please put your names below. The Diner has changed things around a bit recently and there are no longer any large tables without booking one specially. (They will group together the small tables for us) If we know the numbers, we can sit together as normal. Thanks.

Rally

Char
10-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Yup will be going but in car - weather looks like its on the turn and my bike is zaustless :freak:

chris yeatman
10-01-2013, 03:26 PM
yep. defo be there..........

It's been awhile........

for thoughs that dont know where it is, it the hilltop diner, salisbury
http://www.hilltopdiner.co.uk/Hilltop_DIner/Hilltop.html

yorkshirepuddin
10-01-2013, 05:21 PM
I was so looking forward but I will have to miss it, I have prior arrangements, sorry!

MrsC_772
10-01-2013, 06:32 PM
I plan to come - whether it's on the Monster or in the car will depend on the weather - I think the January meet last year was when Andy could hear my teeth chattering over the radio and I ended up borrowing his heated waistcoat for the ride home!

And I guess if I'm going, Andy probably will be as well.

SunEye
10-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend as I will be driving across Northern France (from Le Havre to Nantes). I'm not taking the bike as I need to do some work using my computer whilst I am in France and trying to carry my desktop computer (18kg) and a 27" screen on a Monster is not very practical.

Hopefully I won't be having any accidents or speeding tickets this time, although my 2005 VW Polo Sport 1.9 Tdi 130PS is quite lively so I'm not promising anything. I only picked it up a few weeks ago and am enjoying seeing what it can do, as well as clearing all the soot from the exhaust.

Char
11-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend as I will be driving across Northern France (from Le Havre to Nantes). I'm not taking the bike as I need to do some work using my computer whilst I am in France and trying to carry my desktop computer (18kg) and a 27" screen on a Monster is not very practical.

Hopefully I won't be having any accidents or speeding tickets this time, although my 2005 VW Polo Sport 1.9 Tdi 130PS is quite lively so I'm not promising anything. I only picked it up a few weeks ago and am enjoying seeing what it can do, as well as clearing all the soot from the exhaust.

Why do I get the feeling its already too late :biggrin:

I'll save our announcement until the next meet :thumbsup:

Rally
11-01-2013, 09:45 AM

Come on spill the beans!

SunEye
11-01-2013, 04:26 PM
That's ok with me :thumbsup: I should be able to make the next meet.

uksurfer
11-01-2013, 06:44 PM
MTFU

i will be there

Rally
16-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Well that makes 6 of us by my count plus a possible extra visitor who may migrate a bit south!
The only question now being the weather forecast, 4wd anyone............

uksurfer
17-01-2013, 04:31 AM

got that bit covered :biggrin:

got a feeling the bike will stay inside this weekend!!

gary tompkins
17-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Plenty of snow forecast Friday, Saturday and Sunday with temperature stuck between freezing and - 3 degrees into next week. It was -5 here in Kent this morning

So any snow that does fall won't be in a hurry to thaw :(

buzzbomb
17-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Well that makes 6 of us by my count plus a possible extra visitor who may migrate a bit south!

Well I'm sorry to say that the delivery has been cancelled for a week or so so I wouldn't be enjoying breakfast with you guys after all...:cry:

Thanks for the B&B offer Alun I'm sure there'll be another trip down your way so I'll wish all those attending safe travel in the wintery conditions that are forecast...:thumbsup:

MrsC_772
19-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Given the lovely snowy icy weather, and the general incompetence of most motorists in such conditions, I think we'd rather hibernate at home tomorrow than hit the road to the Hilltop.

Sorry guys - see you next time.

chris yeatman
20-01-2013, 12:39 PM
great to catch with thoughs that went to hilltop,
roads were all clear no ice or snow, no 4x4's needed.