PDA

View Full Version : Dakar Commentry

Mark Taylor
06-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Hi Guys, It's the Dakar time of year again (proper hardcore:hail:) but the regular commentator (Carlton Kirby) apperars to have been replaced by some nondescript 'eurochick' :thumbsdown:
For me Carlton was the voice of the Dakar (although Toby Moody did a great job a few years back) and his replacement is dire - even worse than the pair of incompetant idiots (Parrish:banghead:&Cox:dunce:) the BBC uses on MotoGP
Gutted:hissy:

JMo
07-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Don't worry, he's still on there - occasionally you get a similar report (I think it is the 'official' Dakar website daily video) that has the French girl commenting... but Carlton's reviews are available...

If you don't follow it already, the ADVrider forum thread/s regarding Dakar have the most comprehensive information and links to photos and videos...

Jx

SteveF
10-01-2013, 01:38 AM
If you use Twitter you can also follow Carlton Kirby on there as well.

utopia
10-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Hmmm...I may be remembering this wrong, but my recollection is that when Carlton Kirby did some wsb commentary a few years back, it was some of the worst drivel I'd ever heard, with him constantly butting in at inappropriate moments with some inane, inaccurate and annoyingly over enthusiastic rubbish. Its a wonder my tv screen survived without a brick going through it.
Maybe he was a beginner in those days, and has got better at it....he certainly needed to.
Parrish, on the other hand, has all the hard-earned credentials and tells it like it is. He's just a bit hampered by the aussie.

Sorry to veer off topic though, and thanks for the heads-up.

Mark Taylor
11-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Parrish, on the other hand, has all the hard-earned credentials and tells it like it is. He's just a bit hampered by the aussie.

Sorry to veer off topic though, and thanks for the heads-up.

Will have to agree to disagree I'm afraid - I can't handle the BBC MotoGP commentary at all:banghead: - Revs are up, He's got the magnets on, he's all over him like a bad suit, etc, etc, the best MotoGP commentary is Jules & Toby:hail: - great depth of knowledge and genuine enthusiasm (as opposed to feigning interest), they really complement each other:thumbsup:
Gutted tho:nash: - coz I lost my free eurosport sattelite link last year but am too tight to pay for sky