PDA

View Full Version : High Idling When Warm - 620ie - Quick Questions

Headhunter
05-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Hi guys (and ladies),

Been looking through the forum but have a couple of quick questions if someone could assist / shed light re my 620ie.

Bike idles at 1.1k when I start her up (which is fine) but after 5 minutes of riding etc or less she's way up to a constant 1.8k touching on 2k when idling. Sooooooo............

1. Is this far too high? I think so but interested to know your thoughts.

2. Ducati UAE have played with it over the hols to sort and apparently have adjusted the idling screw and balanced it on the mathesis thingy and it still idles high. If they have done their job properly and it's still idling high am I potential in for more trouble - engine showing signs that it's on its way out etc????

3. Allegedly with the 620ie you can not reset the TPS - I swear this is not the case but, again, thought I'd ask you guys in the know.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

dunlop0_1
05-01-2013, 09:55 AM
If the dealer has just worked on it and your not satisfied then I would take it back.
If you start re adjusting things and still have to take it back then you may have to pay again?

:biggrin:

Headhunter
05-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Am not going to touch it - is back at Ducati. Just interested to know more re above.

dunlop0_1
05-01-2013, 03:00 PM
I'm no expert and only have my old DD bike for reference. 2 types of TPS, linier (non adjustable) and non linier (adjustable). Seem to remember that the idle screw is thread locked at the factory and the idle speed set with the TPS. I used to use a multimeter to measure tps millivolts with the butterflies fully closed (400 mv I think) and then set the idle speed accordingly.

However, Ive drunk an awful lot of red wine since then so read between the lines a little. :biggrin:

Your engine will be fine.

Headhunter
05-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Cheers Dunlop0_1. Appreciate reply. Bit too advanced for me but understood the first bits. :thumbsup:

Headhunter
06-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Bumpy bump