PDA

View Full Version : Forums all good ? er, not quite.

Marsh...
03-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Replying to Mohawk’s thread about forum use. Got me thinking about some of the forums I have had the pleasure of using, going back a few years The Fazer owners club was good and more recently The Shadow owners club was very good. Very very good actually.

:grump: BUT one club in particular was so controlling in its content the moderators should have been called dictators! I honestly don’t know how they get away with it. They are fully aware how I feel towards them so please don’t think I’m talking behind their backs.
Anyways, I was just wondering what other forums you peeps use. Also if you want have a guess which one I was referring too, feel free, no prizes
though :)

Mohawk
03-01-2013, 06:23 PM
I've only ever used UKMOC, Ducatisti (till it was shut down) and I frequent the Duc up North forum cause I love to read the Scots humour!

This is the Forum I've been most active on though and enjoy checking in most days :-)

Grumpy
03-01-2013, 06:57 PM
I occasionally look at the Ducati Forum,as a Guzzi owner, I have visited various forums for help and advise but none of the them are as helpful of friendly as the UKMOC forum.
I have made friends with a great crowd of people here, the banter on and off the forum is great.

LVC
03-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Forums are very difficult things to manage correctly. With such a diversity of members (age, sex, religion, etc.) you're never more than a few messages away from arguments. A good forum (and this is one of them) works on the basis of self-regulating with minimal input from the mods/admin but that ultimately depends upon the group within the group which by definition can alienate other members.

FYI I am Admin and creator of:
www.MotoLeMans.com
forum.QuadLeMans.com
forum,AutoLeMans.com
www.JetExtreme.com

and they are very, very time consuming.

MrsC_772
03-01-2013, 08:30 PM
I used to be on Ducatisti and am now on the UK Ducatiforum.

My other main forum, which I use sporadically when I'm planning trips or bore people with my travel stories afterwards is Indiamike which is an awesome mine of information about travel in India. There are banter threads, including some for more heated discussions, as well as more sedate "can someone recommend me a hotel/tour guide in x town" or "how do I book a train from A to B" information, as well as review pages, threads for arranging meets with fellow Indophiles all round the world, photojournals/blogs.

Nonnie
03-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Hilariously I am on "mums net".

It's not perhaps, on the surface hilarious but there are some very funny sub forums which make me giggle a lot.

From that site, I have learned how to slow cook gammon in brown sugar and I've learned lots of new words like "fanjo".

Nickj
03-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Taking irish lessons nonnie??

Nonnie
03-01-2013, 11:53 PM
No need! I have an Irish mammy!

"would ye loike sam more portaters witch ye portaters?"

bex
04-01-2013, 12:20 PM
:running: I got here as quick as I could.

....did somebody say potatoes? :look:

singletrack
04-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Hilariously I am on "mums net".

It's not perhaps, on the surface hilarious but there are some very funny sub forums which make me giggle a lot.

From that site, I have learned how to slow cook gammon in brown sugar and I've learned lots of new words like "fanjo".

This is where I wish there was a "like" button!

bluestoesonnose
04-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Forums, horses for courses, I like this one as it's mostly relaxed (unless you buy a new kitchen) and not too moderated, and I really like the VTR forum as it's a good laugh and the chaps are really into keeping this little loved bike on the road and helping each other out.

The SV1000 forum is full of "yank know it all's" and they don't!

MTB forums are full of kids, so not really worth bothering with.

Oh and classic bike forums, full of pipe smoking, slipper wearing, beared tits, where life and motorcycle development stopped in the 1950's and yes that why the English motorcycle industry went down the drain (but thats only my opinion)...

Wasta
04-01-2013, 02:26 PM
I use a few, this one obviously, pb, SEM, Ducatiforum on occasion and a US Monster site.

I only really post here, PB and the SEM.

Char
04-01-2013, 03:59 PM
this has always been a great forum

I dont use much now as I no longer own a monster, still arranging the weekender for 2013 though

Feel I'm just putting something back in for all the fantastic support I've had on here

I do use the UK Ducati forum mostly for inane banter which I enjoy - well it beats talking to yourself

:tgoe:

revver
04-01-2013, 06:17 PM
I am in a few forums to do with bikes and cars. The car one is a nightmare, the mods on there are terrible, no banter, Sadley the car is being scrapped soon but thankfully i can ditch that site. Dont get me wrong the peeps on there are brill and helpful.

Nonnie
04-01-2013, 06:34 PM

Up the spuds! (you're my portater twin so ye are)

yorkshirepuddin
04-01-2013, 06:49 PM
After this forum I also use the DucatiForum and RF Owners club which is open to all riders, can't fault any of them and found some very good friends along the way.

Blah blah
04-01-2013, 09:30 PM
I use this one obviously, Volkszone as the other half's family is into old VWs (lots of chat) and I've recently joined rideout-sw to see if I can find anybody / any good roads down here but they're pretty quiet.

Occasionally I'll look on ducatimonster.org to have a look through the pictures to get ideas but I haven't joined

He11cat
05-01-2013, 01:26 AM
When I owned a Kat I used the Kat forum they where a great bunch of guys and have had dinner with them and will go to one of their camping weekends.
I still keep in touch with several and one pops down from Manchester for drinks once in a while.

One Old school forum I joined it was like the Hitler Youth ..
Over modded and over sensitive.
Could not be arsed.

Here which is nice .

Ducati Forum have to say is nice and funny .
Very relaxed ... Not heavily modded .
Which is actually good ..

I've been an mod and admin on a few forums.
I'm still for one group :) but I'm not saying what :)
If you know shut up!!!

gary tompkins
06-01-2013, 02:17 PM

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ihMMw0rnKz4?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ihMMw0rnKz4?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>