PDA

View Full Version : New NE Rep

slob
27-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Seasons greetings...

Strumbuddy (Bruce) is taking over from Scotty as NE Area Rep so with any luck we'll see some Monstering action beginning in 2013

:-)

strumbuddy
27-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Seasons greetings...

Strumbuddy (Bruce) is taking over from Scotty as NE Area Rep so with any luck we'll see some Monstering action beginning in 2013

:-)
Rob,
thanks mate.....Let me intoduce myself, I live near Newcastle, have been on Ducati for many years, have plenty of spare time, member of Scottish Ducati Club and Ducati up North.....propose to try and generate some Monster interest up here with fellow enthusiasts, monthly meets, rideouts etc...I know Scotty has a lot on his plate so he won't mind me pinching his post!!
So if our N E bretheran would make themselves known to me we can start the proverbial ball rolling....:biggrin:
Cheers
Strumbuddy aka Bruce

Grumpy
27-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Well done for putting your head over the parapit!

Scotty
27-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Congratulations Bruce :D

You cant possible fail to make a better job of it than i did :o

hopefully I'll pull my thumb out fix bike(s) and get some miles done this year

catch ya later :)

Char
27-12-2012, 05:02 PM
:piglet: Nice one - I have never been further north than Manchester - how bad is that

Wasta
28-12-2012, 01:26 AM
Being from Durham I hope to meet up for some rideouts in 2013. At present I'm working overseas but hope to be home for good in April.

strumbuddy
28-12-2012, 06:36 PM
:piglet: Nice one- I have never been further north than Manchester - how bad is that
You've never ever never been north of Manchester!!!! You must be pullin' me leg!! So you have not ridden in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, Cumbrian Moors, Northumberland Hills, never mind over the border into bonnie Scotland....words fail me....
Having said that I have only been to London twice, last time was 15 years ago....Oh and by the way Char I thought you had a proper SF as in 1098 not the lassies 848 one!!!:eek:

Only kiddin'........:biggrin:

Kieranrb
28-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Alright, I'm 20 mins outside of Newcastle, made the stupid mistake of selling my Monster for an SV, fully intend to sell it in the new year and try to find a monster I can afford! fingers crossed i can be up and running soon!

Rally
28-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Alright, I'm 20 mins outside of Newcastle, made the stupid mistake of selling my Monster for an SV, fully intend to sell it in the new year and try to find a monster I can afford! fingers crossed i can be up and running soon!

So why do your details still list your bike as a M600 then? :roll eyes:

uksurfer
28-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Oh and by the way Char I thought you had a proper SF as in 1098 not the lassies 848 one!!!:eek:
Only kiddin'........:biggrin:

true, it is a girls bike :)

Sirc
29-12-2012, 10:41 AM
blue 'touch paper' well and truly lit.. :)

nambduke
06-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Rob,
thanks mate.....Let me intoduce myself, I live near Newcastle, have been on Ducati for many years, have plenty of spare time, member of Scottish Ducati Club and Ducati up North.....propose to try and generate some Monster interest up here with fellow enthusiasts, monthly meets, rideouts etc...I know Scotty has a lot on his plate so he won't mind me pinching his post!!
So if our N E bretheran would make themselves known to me we can start the proverbial ball rolling....:biggrin:
Cheers
Strumbuddy aka Bruce

Hi Bruce

We're thin on the ground in these parts! But if you want to venture into North Yorkshire give me a call or PM me

Regards,
Mark
nambduke - North Yorkshire Rep

Wasta
07-01-2013, 02:36 AM
I'm home from the 17th Of Feb for a couple of weeks, if you fancy a meet I'm up for it.

gary tompkins
07-01-2013, 09:48 AM
:piglet: Nice one - I have never been further north than Manchester - how bad is that

The club did organise a camping weekend at Squires Cafe near Leeds once - charity event

Think about a dozen members including myself attended

Char
07-01-2013, 09:56 AM
mock all you like - 1098 version does nothing for me (size does matter just not in this instance)

think I went to Hadrians wall once & a cabin in the lake district

I'll head south where the weather is warmer - thank you for the offer though :freak:

strumbuddy
07-01-2013, 11:24 AM
mock all you like - 1098 version does nothing for me (size does matter just not in this instance)

I'll head south where the weather is warmer - thank you for the offer though :freak:
Only jelous Char, not mocking!! Have test ridden SF848 and if funds allowed I would have one pronto!! Seriously lovely bike...:biggrin:
And see you have been "ooop north" !!:eek:

strumbuddy
07-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Hi Bruce

We're thin on the ground in these parts! But if you want to venture into North Yorkshire give me a call or PM me

Regards,
Mark
nambduke - North Yorkshire Rep
Mark, thanks for that, I feel a NY NE group meet coming up in the spring!!!! Would be fairly easy to arrange, I have so far identified approx 8 Monsters over this forum and DUN so far and will be contacting all......
Watch this space....
Cheers Strum........

strumbuddy
07-01-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm home from the 17th Of Feb for a couple of weeks, if you fancy a meet I'm up for it.
Areet then I will sort out a meet of some kind while you are home......watch this space

gary tompkins
07-01-2013, 02:27 PM

:freak:

Cabin in the lake district eh.. have they found the bodies yet?

nambduke
08-01-2013, 12:41 AM
The club did organise a camping weekend at Squires Cafe near Leeds once - charity event

Think about a dozen members including myself attended

Gary
That was in 2005 or 2006 wasn't it!
Best regards
Mark

gary tompkins
08-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Yes I think it was Mark

Tigerlily organised the event (M.A.D. weekend fundraiser for charity) and it was a great fun

nambduke
05-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Lowsider has abdicated (the King is Dead, long live the King) and gone with the Streetfighter gang.

I suppose I should put my name in the hat and cover the rest of Yorkshire.

The NE section really covers Newcastle/Durham, the Yorkshire area actually covers south of the River Tees.

DUN - t'others on't Ducati's - seem to be Newcastle towards the borders from many of the posts I read.....

Any thoughts?

Best regards
Mark

slob
05-04-2013, 10:06 PM
A volunteer is worth 3 conscripts... We'll send you the hat.

Wasta
06-04-2013, 05:22 AM
A volunteer is worth 3 conscripts... We'll send you the hat.

I hope it's large and pointy

He11cat
06-04-2013, 05:58 AM
Nah it's a bobble hat cause they rock :)

Grumpy
06-04-2013, 06:04 AM
I hope it's large and pointy

Nah it's a bobble hat cause they rock :)

Naa, its a beanie hat, same as Beni wore in Crossroads!:D

gary tompkins
06-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Don't be daft... got to be one of these

Standard issue as worn by Yorkshire pigeon breeders, whippet fanciers... and now UKMOC reps ;)

http://socked.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ecky-thump.jpg

slob
07-04-2013, 03:54 AM
whoah there GT, Ecky-Thump was the Lancashire martial art, your b&w rose is the wrong colour

gary tompkins
07-04-2013, 10:39 AM
It was the flat cap attire rather than Ecky Thump specifically that I was referring to

Anyone from beyond Watford Gap counts as a 'eeebyeck' Northerner in my book ;)

http://lacithedog.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/ecky-thump.jpg