PDA

View Full Version : Not new, but,,,,

Zak
20-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Hi Guys,

Well after an unusually long lay off I'm back, been quite a year, and I do apologise for my disappearance, put it down as a mixture of starting my own business up in March and the sudden death of my best friend and weekend riding buddy. Knocked me for 6 to be honest, so just kept my head down for a bit, focused on the family and the business.

However, I'm back, lucky to enough to have another forum member working for me (Yan The Man), have totally rebuilt my bike from the ground up, front to back, and before you all ask, yes that does include the headlights!

I'm not going to go into detail as to what I've done, but its quite drastic, those of you that know me and my bike know that I like to go to the extremes. I have of course kept the NOS, but the rest of the changes I'm going to save until this years Weekender, when of course yet again I will be fighting to keep the title of 'Bike Of The Year', they say its never been done twice in a row by anyone, well here's hoping.......

Anyway, the Monster is well and truly under wraps until then, and still in a few pieces, so Ive been making the most of my beautiful 748s and enjoying a very different style of riding.

Ive got a few messages to reply to, which i will do over that next few days, but yes Rob myself and the team here would love to help in anyway that we can, just let me know what you need from us.

To the new members Hi! Im sure I will see you at various meets, to the old members, sorry guys!

Z.

rollo22
20-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Welcome Back Zac.

Grumpy
20-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Hi Zak .....thought you had emigrated !
Glad your back, im awaiting with baited breath to see what you have done with the monster!

FLATTOP
20-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Welcome back Zak i wondered where you had got to.

chris yeatman
20-12-2012, 07:59 PM
great to hear ur well zak, bump in to ya somewen im sure.

Albie
20-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Hi Zak
Look forward to seeing new look. Maybe you can come to belgium next year with us.

Zak
20-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Hi all,

Good to see so many of the usual faces are still here.

Albie there's no way I'm going to miss Belgium this year! Was gutted I couldn't make it last time!

Z.

J.P
21-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Hi there it'll be nice to see what you've done to the bike this time.
Are you sure you can't ditch the headlights ;)

I hope the business is going well, Event planning if I remember correctly ??

Zak
21-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Hi there it'll be nice to see what you've done to the bike this time.
Are you sure you can't ditch the headlights ;)

I hope the business is going well, Event planning if I remember correctly ??

Thanks mate, yes Event Planning and Experential Marketing. Its been a crazy year, done some great shows, including a fantastic gig for Sir Tom Jones, another one coming up for Michael Mcintyre, a Zombie Horror party for Kevin Spacey and the most incredible set of gigs for these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENBX_v1Po1Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-qgum7hFXk

One of the worlds best selling bands, and Im ashamed that until we did a series of gigs for them at The Old Vic Tunnels that I had never heard of them, if you EVER get the chance to see them you must.

Watch her right hand, its incredible.

Z.

gary tompkins
21-12-2012, 09:39 AM
We were wondering where you had gone

If you are planning on staying at the Hotel in May you need to get in quick

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=45917

The rooms are almost sold out - venue has moved to Wroxton House Hotel, Oxfordshire

J.P
21-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Zak, I Love Zombies. Can you get me an invite from Kev ?

Zak
21-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Zak, I Love Zombies. Can you get me an invite from Kev ?

I'll see what I can do......

But if you love Zombies, you will love what myself and the lads did this weekend.

Dropped in an abandoned 1960's Mental Home, given a shotgun, limited ammo and 4 hours to escape past hoardes of Zombies, 6 of us against over 100 of them, it was one of the most fun things I've done in years and I cannot recommend it enough.

Bloody scary running around an old Manor in pitch black, middle of the evening, set amongst woodlands, no light at all until you stumble across spare ammo boxes and torches left behind by a now dead squadron of men that went in before you.... Think nothing can make you jump? Go to the basement of the Manor with no light and try to find an exit door when all you can hear is the moaning of the zombies that are somewhere near you and see nothing at all....

We are doing it again in February in Reading, but this time in an old disused Shopping Mall, you should come with us, we need some good men.......

Details here:

http://www.zedevents.co.uk

J.P
21-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Errrr, is it a proper shotgun ? Looks Awesome.

What Date you doing ?

Zak
21-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Yes.......

No, its a ball bearing gun, and you can have a Revolver or a Berretta instead if you wish.

Not sure what date, we're thinking February and doing the afternoon sessions so that it will be dark.

Z.

He11cat
21-12-2012, 11:27 AM
If American zombies they are slow and lurch you can pick them off easy!
If a la 28 days later Zombie / rage things...
Hope you can run J.P
Shame no flame throwers ....

Zak
21-12-2012, 11:36 AM
If American zombies they are slow and lurch you can pick them off easy!
If a la 28 days later Zombie / rage things...
Hope you can run J.P
Shame no flame throwers ....

Bit of a mixture of both, but even the slow lunging ones can catch you off guard if they come out of a cubby hole only 2 feet from you arms outstretched.

Flame throwers may be a little harsh, there are however grenades, flash bangs and smoke grenades.

uksurfer
21-12-2012, 11:56 AM
BOTY twice in a row? :chuckle:

Aint happening mate, i know the vote counter

Welcome back, catch up with ya in May

Char
21-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Good to see you back - bit a bit dull in here

Zak
21-12-2012, 02:18 PM
BOTY twice in a row? :chuckle:

Aint happening mate, i know the vote counter

Welcome back, catch up with ya in May

Well if anyone can, I can..... I hope! In all seriousness I know how stiff the comp is so we'll have to see, but I am bringing a totally new bike design so fingers crossed I'm in with a chance!

Don't forget you said you are going to ride her this year and give the NOS a blast!

Good to see you back - bit a bit dull in here

Thanks my lovely, I'll do what I can to cheer things up. Even if it does mean having to make people laugh at me for my ludicrous ideas!

Z.

MrsC_772
21-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Look forward to seeing the new improved bike at the Weekender.

My friend did the fighting zombies in a Reading shopping mall thing a few months ago and said it was awesome - not cheap but worth it.