PDA

View Full Version : Quick update grateful of input

Magic1971
02-12-2012, 11:37 AM
So carbs back on, main jet 145 pilot 40 float height 14mm modified airbox k&n filter, wouldn't tick over so have adjusted idle screw but will only idle if revs quite high, currently mixture screws at 2.5 turns out thought I would start there just noticed that left hand slider on air intake is not sliding guessing diaphram split or not seated correctly so just about to look at that as I have 2 spares, not sure but looks like I can do diaphram without removing carbs? have put davida vacum gauge on and is balanced fine. Grateful of any input

Dookbob
02-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Yes, you will be able to change the diaphragm without removing the carb. You will need to sync the carbs again afterwards.

Magic1971
02-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Cheers yes
It wasn't seated correctly just need to sort out idle and pilot screws now I think

Magic1971
02-12-2012, 02:11 PM
You were spot on carbs were miles out of sync when diaphram got sorted adjusted idle and ticking over no problem now just been up the road on it and am amazed its a different bike, pulls away lovely felt like it was going to wheelie :chuckle: made a huge difference will wait and see what midrange and topend is like but am very pleased with the factory pro jet kit probably some tweeking to do though need some cans on now !!!! Cheers for help all with all my posts no doubt plenty more to come.