PDA

View Full Version : Idling very high after a run out in the RSI

Wildfire
21-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Came into work this morning in the pi$$ing rain today. Halfway on the way in the revs went very high and now, even dried out, the revs idle very high.

Any ideas?

Only thing I can think of is stuff has gummed up the throttle mechanism or idle screw?

Bike is not un-rideable, but it's really high and people give me disapproving looks.

slob
21-11-2012, 06:17 PM
It's likely to be the bell crank between the carbs (it's most common between the injector bodies in 620ie) but on a carbie check that the twistgrip isn't sticking on the r/h bar end.

johnboy44
21-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Mines a right pig in the cold and wet, I've started using pro-fst and a higher octane fuel this seems to work. Have a look in the airbox below the filter mine gets alot of water globules which I think is condensation, the additive seems to help

Wildfire
21-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Hmmm... I'll check both tomorrow with some light, give it a clean and lubricate.

Nickj
21-11-2012, 09:48 PM
har har
Mine was OK in the rain this morning, was piggin wet and floody in places. Supposed to be wetter 2moz :(
Split the twist grip and lube the crap out of it, then do the same down at the carb end after a good squirt with degreaser.

I had a sticky cable when it was cold last year, turned out to be a blob of crud on the cable end freezing. I've also had problems with carb freezing and either shell advance sorts it (50:50 with plain unleaded down to about -5ish and 100% below that) or FST about 80mls a tankful is good. FST depends on how much water there is in the fuel so doesn't always need the same mix.

Wildfire
21-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Okay will take things apart tomorrow on cursory inspection crud was all over the air box. Would a belly pan help?

gary tompkins
21-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Not really - the short front mudguard is the real problem

Wildfire
21-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Maybe some sort of wet weather mod may be in order.....