PDA

View Full Version : Hiya from Sydney

OzzyRob
15-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Hey all, got a bone to pick wth ya all, why did not someone have a quiet word with me many moons ago telling me how bloody great these Monsters were ? :chuckle:

Just bought one after 20 years, first test ride was in the wet and I bloody loved it :biggrin:

Who'd have thought a 12 yro M900Sie could handle & brake so well. Be great to hear from any other riders from around Sydney & The Gong.

Cheers
Rob

Nickj
15-11-2012, 11:31 PM
LOL We do tell people but they seem to have these odd ideas about italians. Still if all the jap riders found the true faith we wouldn't be able to ride round with that secret grin.

Loved NSW but Sydney not so much, always felt more at home up in the highlands Bowral, Mossy round that way. LOL Robbo pie shop and the giant spud, never really got the hang of that. Hell of a place to start out for a quick crack down to the coast through macqurie pass or the 80 through jamberoo.

Right now after a morning run through cold fog (carbs freezing) I'd appreciate a bag of hot chips washed down with a few cold VBs sitting in the sun on a beach

OzzyRob
16-11-2012, 04:58 AM
Yeah Sydney is the 8th wonder of the world, a hole above the ground, but yeah the roads heading South ain't that far from me. I'll never quite understand the attraction of the Old Pacific Hwy.....seems too tame after endless runs through the Nasho. Always enjoy the run down to Melbourne & back. Up to Brisbane always seemed like a chore, maybe it's the blue collar in me hahahaha.

Doesn't matter what I ride I always have that big stupid grin.......

Char
16-11-2012, 05:47 AM
I'll refrain from saying G'day mate and say Hi & Welcome

pegboy
16-11-2012, 07:56 AM
G'Day mate from another aussie, enjoy the bike, enjoy the rides and keep smiling

Gutsy
26-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Welcome to the world of Monsters, from a new Aussie who's importing her 10 yo Monster - which is due to dock in Perth on 1st Dec!! :) Can't wait to get out in the sunshine and have blat around the Perth districts. Pity that I can't find a forum as good as the UKMOC one here in WA. Will post up pics of my little Monster after her mammoth trip over.

pegboy
26-11-2012, 05:21 PM
I have a mate in Perth that is with a Ducati forum they seam fairly active from what he tells me, can get details if you want. Saying that i am sure there are not too many of them in Perth

MrsC_772
26-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Welcome on board, Rob! Send some Aussie sunshine our way - we need it at the moment.

(Delighted also to read that Gutsy has decided to bring her lovely monster with her down under!)

chris yeatman
26-11-2012, 09:12 PM
hi mate hope the barbies out, with the beer and the sun beeming down.
cos all we have is rain, cold, floods, wind, and no bbq!!

Liz
26-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Pity that I can't find a forum as good as the UKMOC one here in WA. Will post up pics of my little Monster after her mammoth trip over.

Well you know the answer to that................the AMOC (affiliated with the UKMOC of course!), starting with the pics of the epic journey!