PDA

View Full Version : Fitting rear sets and brake light on M796

gregc
15-11-2012, 08:21 AM
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of fitting S4R foot peg brackets to my M796 as never going to carry a pillion and will look a lot better. Got the brackets off someone here, got them powder coated black and now in the process of fitting them. I thought it was going to be more straight forward than it has proved so far but it is giving me something to do as the weather has been pretty crappy! My problem so far is that the pegs do not swap straight over from the M796 so have had to trim some metal off with the angle grinder for them to fit (have now ordered some fancy black anodised pegs to replace them anyway!). I have only fitted the rear brake side so far and knew that I would have to get a longer rear brake hose (not measured this up yet) and make the piston plunger slighter longer (done).

My problem now is that although the rear brake lever is mounted, the standard rear brake light switch cannot be used as there is no way of mounting this on the S4R bracket. I want the rear brake light to work for when the bike is due an MOT next August. I think it is possible to get a switch that attaches to where the hydraulic hose for the rear brake goes from the piston and works on hydraulic pressure. Am I right? I am going to the NEC bike show on 25th Nov so was going to take the brembo piston with me to make sure I get the right thread and connector to the wiring on the bike (ideally).

Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers, Greg

utopia
15-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Yes, you should be able to get a hydraulic switch for it quite easily, and it will probably be much neater than the original one.
Almost any of the general aftermaket suuppliers should have one.